LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

Official 2009 Sacramento Kings Offseason Thread

I don't like any of those guys. Bickerstaff has never had any legitimate success, Jordan's teams always lose in the 1st round and don't defend, and Westphal hasn't been a head coach in like 10 years. We need someone who is a succesful HC. Someone like Jeff Van Gundy or Avery Johnson or Byron Scott if that is still possible.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I don't like any of those guys. Bickerstaff has never had any legitimate success, Jordan's teams always lose in the 1st round and don't defend, and Westphal hasn't been a head coach in like 10 years. We need someone who is a succesful HC. Someone like Jeff Van Gundy or Avery Johnson or Byron Scott if that is still possible.

I'd like to see one of those 3 if possible.
Byron Scott is probably at the top of my list as well, IF he were available.

I don't really want Van Gundy or Avery Johnson.

I don't know where I heard Paul Silas might be a candidate, but I'd like to see him interviewed. He's tough with the players, but I think he commands respect.
Originally posted by SacRock14:

I don't know where I heard Paul Silas might be a candidate, but I'd like to see him interviewed. He's tough with the players, but I think he commands respect.

I personally just want a coach that has a good track record. These young players need some veteran coaching and not inexperienced coaches like our last few. I miss Adelman sometimes.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

I personally just want a coach that has a good track record. These young players need some veteran coaching and not inexperienced coaches like our last few. I miss Adelman sometimes.

Same here. I would be okay with Westphal because atleast he coached a team to the finals but I really don't want Jordan or Bickerstaff. Adelman was the best coach this franchise ever had and we let him go like a bunch of freaking idiots.
So what do you guys think about Rick Pitino?
I guess the Pitino thing has fallen apart but I wouldn't have minded. Really he's had more success than Jordan if you look at his best season being a 52 win season, vs EJ's 45 win season in Washington.
How about we go after Lenny Wilkens, wasn't he the one that brought in Lebron James? That way we go after James. Just a thought.
We suck okay. It doesn't matter who we draft. WE SUCK! The dufus brothers are idiots. " Hey guys I have an Idea, let's trade Bibby. Yeah and get almost nothign in return!" Hey guy's let's trade Artest, ( yeah he's an ass hole ) for almost nothing!" Once we started getting rid of our best team, ( first one to go was chrisite ), I knew we would never see the playoffs for many, many, many, many years.

We should have won back in 02 when we were in the semi's against the Lakers, we were much better than them, but the only guy who would come threw in the clutch was bibby, everybody else just stood there most of the time. Gosh we had such a damn good team. Our bench was better than some teams starters.

F@#K the Malufs, or however you spell it.!
Originally posted by rigs49:
How about we go after Lenny Wilkens, wasn't he the one that brought in Lebron James? That way we go after James. Just a thought.

Not sure if this is what you mean, but actually Paul Silas -- a favorite of mine -- was LeBron's coach in Cleveland his first two years.

Silas (65 years old) coached the San Diego Clippers for 3 years in the 80s. Take out those seasons and he has a 277-232 (.544%) record in 7 seasons (5 with Hornets, 2 with Cleveland = 4 playoff appearances).

Paul Westphal got an interview today. Not a bad candidate: 59 years old, 267-159 (.627%) in 7 seasons (4 with Suns, 3 with Sonics = 4 playoff appearances).

EDIT: Westphal is getting an interview this week. Not today, my bad.
[ Edited by SacRock14 on May 11, 2009 at 9:14 PM ]

Not sure if this is what you mean, but actually Paul Silas -- a favorite of mine -- was LeBron's coach in Cleveland his first two years.

Silas (65 years old) coached the San Diego Clippers for 3 years in the 80s. Take out those seasons and he has a 277-232 (.544%) record in 7 seasons (5 with Hornets, 2 with Cleveland = 4 playoff appearances).

Paul Westphal got an interview today. Not a bad candidate: 59 years old, 267-159 (.627%) in 7 seasons (4 with Suns, 3 with Sonics = 4 playoff appearances).

I don't know Sacrock, I thought there was a coach that got in trouble by the NBA for scouting or working out Lebron James prior to him being eligible.

I don't know Sacrock, I thought there was a coach that got in trouble by the NBA for scouting or working out Lebron James prior to him being eligible.

Hmm...sounds a little familiar. I forget who that was.

In other news, Petrie interviewed Eddie Jordan today in Vegas. Geoff's comments:

"The meeting with Eddie went very well. We spent a lot of time discussing Eddie’s offensive and defensive philosophies. He spoke about developing individual players, but playing within a team-oriented system. There was some video analysis as well as a lot of X’s and O’s breakdown on the white board. He displayed some very interesting insights in his analysis of our current roster. We also talked about his development as a coach over the years, and he provided his thoughts on how a young Washington Wizards team improved during his tenure into a team that made the Playoffs in four out of his five full seasons there. Joe and Gavin were very engaged during the meeting and asked some outstanding questions."
I know there is a thread, but I wanted to say my condolences for Wayman Tisdale in here, because I think he was such a great King.

I don't know how long you guys have been fans, but Wayman was on the teams I grew up watching. Lots of losses, but Tisdale was a fantastic player -- I think he's the 3rd best player in Sac history -- and an even better person.

RIP Tizzy.

And now, wouldn't it be special if we win the lottery on Tuesday and add another #23 from Oklahoma, the guy who got permission from Tisdale to wear the jersey.
I know there is a thread, but I wanted to say my condolences for Wayman Tisdale in here, because I think he was such a great King.

I don't know how long you guys have been fans, but Wayman was on the teams I grew up watching. Lots of losses, but Tisdale was a fantastic player -- I think he's the 3rd best player in Sac history -- and an even better person.

RIP Tizzy.

And now, wouldn't it be special if we win the lottery on Tuesday and add another #23 from Oklahoma, the guy who got permission from Tisdale to wear the jersey.

For real? That's pretty awesome. If we got Griffin I'd actually like to see KMart give up the number to him.
Does Rubio's recent injury scare any Kings fans away, I haven't heard much on how serious it is, but I was just curious if its something would scare teams away from him. Maybe more importantly is it bad enough to keep him out of the draft?
Share 49ersWebzone