LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 270 users in the forums

2009 Golden State Warriors Off-Season Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I still cant believe this franchise has the loyal fan base it does. Basically, everything they have done over the past 20 years has been a disaster. Other than the Clippers I can not think of any sports franchise that is as poorly run and with such terrible ownership.

Horrible ownership+ inept management+burned out head coach= LOSER FRANCHISE

It scares me that this team can continue to go down, and I will still go to the games
I know he didn't just mention Rob Kurz
http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2009/05/09/heres-an-interesting-trade/

Originally posted by Conejo:

I like the Crawford trade but I still don't wanna trade Biedrins.

But as the others said, Portland wouldn't dare do this. With Oden's injury history, Pryz is sorta valuable.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by crzy:
That article was well written but told us a lot of what we already knew. Not only are we terrible, but we also have very little flexibility salary wise.

-We'd better not waste a few million on CJ Watson like the article suggested in the "status quo" section.

Like I said before, the success and failure of this off-season depends entirely on whether or not Corey Maggette is still on this roster in October.

Is Maggette's status as Warrior any different than Jackson's at this point? IMO, getting rid of either is the top priority, and getting rid of both without additional salary commitment would be an extremely successful offseason.

In terms of priorities, getting rid of Corey Maggette comes first.

The second priority is getting rid of Jamal Crawford.

The third priority is getting rid of Stephen Jackson.

Stephen Jackson play defense and passes the ball to his teammates.

Jamal Crawford passes the ball to his teammates.

Corey Maggette neither passes, nor plays defense.
[ Edited by crzy on May 12, 2009 at 2:22 PM ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Marcus Thompson is a huge idiot. But if we pull off those two trades I would be f**king ecstatic.

Crawford to Portland for C Joel Pryzbillla and PG Steve Blake.

-I'd try to get Portland to throw in Sergio Rodriguez, but if they don't want to, I'd still take the trade.

Andris Biedrins and Brandan Wright to Toronto for Chris Bosh.

-I suggested this a few pages ago. And I'd throw in our first round pick this year to make this happen. Toronto wouldn't do it without the first round pick. And we'd better extend Bosh.
[ Edited by crzy on May 12, 2009 at 2:20 PM ]
Those are some sexy trades.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I still cant believe this franchise has the loyal fan base it does. Basically, everything they have done over the past 20 years has been a disaster. Other than the Clippers I can not think of any sports franchise that is as poorly run and with such terrible ownership.

Horrible ownership+ inept management+burned out head coach= LOSER FRANCHISE

It scares me that this team can continue to go down, and I will still go to the games

Yup. AND I'll be back next season too.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Marcus Thompson is a huge idiot. But if we pull off those two trades I would be f**king ecstatic.

-I'd try to get Portland to throw in Sergio Rodriguez, but if they don't want to, I'd still take the trade.

-I suggested this a few pages ago. And I'd throw in our first round pick this year to make this happen. Toronto wouldn't do it without the first round pick. And we'd better extend Bosh.

Bosh is just going to walk in 2010 and the warriors will be left with nothing.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hopper:

Bosh is just going to walk in 2010 and the warriors will be left with nothing.

Which is why I said

And we'd better extend Bosh

• Hopper
  • Veteran
I saw what you wrote. I still don't see Bosh signing an extension here when all three teams like Chicago, Miami or New York will have max cap space in 2010 to sign him.
[ Edited by Hopper on May 13, 2009 at 10:46 AM ]
If that Biedrins/Wright for Bosh trade is tough for Toronto to make, that Portland one is even tougher.

I wonder what trade value Oden has (if any) at this point.

I think if Portland packages one of their most valuable reserves in Pryz and their starter in Blake, I think they go for an established PG. Maybe it's just me, but I think Andre Miller would look good in a Blazer uniform.

Travis Outlaw coming into a contract year next year also.

With all the hoping and wishing we can do this offseason, I'm resigned to thinking we're going to open the season next year with the same exact roster + our rook +/- a Watson/Kurz.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Greg Oden still has more trade value around the league than any player on the Warriors except maybe Anthony Randolph.
[ Edited by crzy on May 13, 2009 at 1:26 PM ]
Greg Oden may still have trade value, but the dude sucks. Should have gotten Kevin Durant!
Share 49ersWebzone