There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

USA Soccer thread

• Riot
  • Veteran
19 year-old Altidore scores hat-trick for USA.

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Apr 2, 2009 at 12:34 AM ]
  • dman
  • Veteran
yep yep

he is our hope for world cup success

if he becomes a world class striker we can do some things on the international stage
I love this kid...I just wish Adu would hit a growth spurt
In other soccer news...Mexico gets destroyed 3-1 by Honduras.....

Fun game. USA dominated the entire game and really Altidore could have scored 2 or 3 more goals. Nice recovery from Saturday.
  • Money
On a side note... Are there really no better options at RB than Frankie Hejduk???

I'm tired of seeing this guy trying to take people on one v one only to get nowhere and blast the cross over everybody's head.

He's got no moves at all. He did put together a really solid 3 minutes in the second half, but thats it.

When Wes Brown is healthy you don't see him trying to take anybody on one v one, and he's got 3 times the class of Hejduk.

I'm just saying... he grinds my gears
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Money:
On a side note... Are there really no better options at RB than Frankie Hejduk???

I'm tired of seeing this guy trying to take people on one v one only to get nowhere and blast the cross over everybody's head.

He's got no moves at all. He did put together a really solid 3 minutes in the second half, but thats it.

When Wes Brown is healthy you don't see him trying to take anybody on one v one, and he's got 3 times the class of Hejduk.

I was never big on Frankie but he was our best player in that El Salvador game. I think coach Bradley trusts the veterans a little more.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
This kid is good.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Altidore!!!!!!! I was hoping he'd live up to the hype.
  • HebrewWall
  • Info N/A
What ever happened to Freddie Adu?
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by HebrewWall:
What ever happened to Freddie Adu?

He belongs to SL Benfica (portuguese team) & was loaned to AS Monaco (french team) for the remainder of the season, after that I have no ideal what Benfica will do with him.
Unfortunately he wasn't able to stick with the main team

How do you RB spell Frankie Hejduk?
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Apples:

How do you RB spell Frankie Hejduk?

haha

nice
Costa Rica goes up 2-0 on a couple of quick goals. The US defense looked like a bunch of morons, just letting them walk into the box and punch it in.
Fuk