yep yep
he is our hope for world cup success
if he becomes a world class striker we can do some things on the international stage
There are 361 users in the forums
USA Soccer thread
Apr 1, 2009 at 8:16 PM
- dman
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,453
Apr 1, 2009 at 8:38 PM
- ninerlifer
- Veteran
- Posts: 17,237
I love this kid...I just wish Adu would hit a growth spurt
Apr 1, 2009 at 8:43 PM
- Hollywood49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,287
In other soccer news...Mexico gets destroyed 3-1 by Honduras.....




















































Apr 1, 2009 at 9:25 PM
- Esco
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 26,033
Fun game. USA dominated the entire game and really Altidore could have scored 2 or 3 more goals. Nice recovery from Saturday.
Apr 2, 2009 at 12:26 AM
- Money
- Member
- Posts: 2,156
On a side note... Are there really no better options at RB than Frankie Hejduk???
I'm tired of seeing this guy trying to take people on one v one only to get nowhere and blast the cross over everybody's head.
He's got no moves at all. He did put together a really solid 3 minutes in the second half, but thats it.
When Wes Brown is healthy you don't see him trying to take anybody on one v one, and he's got 3 times the class of Hejduk.
I'm just saying... he grinds my gears
I'm tired of seeing this guy trying to take people on one v one only to get nowhere and blast the cross over everybody's head.

He's got no moves at all. He did put together a really solid 3 minutes in the second half, but thats it.
When Wes Brown is healthy you don't see him trying to take anybody on one v one, and he's got 3 times the class of Hejduk.
I'm just saying... he grinds my gears
Apr 2, 2009 at 12:32 AM
- dman
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,453
Originally posted by Money:
On a side note... Are there really no better options at RB than Frankie Hejduk???
I'm tired of seeing this guy trying to take people on one v one only to get nowhere and blast the cross over everybody's head.
He's got no moves at all. He did put together a really solid 3 minutes in the second half, but thats it.
When Wes Brown is healthy you don't see him trying to take anybody on one v one, and he's got 3 times the class of Hejduk.
I'm just saying... he grinds my gears
I was never big on Frankie but he was our best player in that El Salvador game. I think coach Bradley trusts the veterans a little more.
Apr 2, 2009 at 12:45 AM
- Brew
- Veteran
- Posts: 35,488
This kid is good.
Apr 2, 2009 at 1:29 AM
- crzy
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 40,285
Altidore!!!!!!! I was hoping he'd live up to the hype. 

Apr 2, 2009 at 9:56 AM
- HebrewWall
- Info N/A
What ever happened to Freddie Adu?
Apr 2, 2009 at 10:17 AM
- sarpp
- Info N/A
Originally posted by HebrewWall:
What ever happened to Freddie Adu?
He belongs to SL Benfica (portuguese team) & was loaned to AS Monaco (french team) for the remainder of the season, after that I have no ideal what Benfica will do with him.
Unfortunately he wasn't able to stick with the main team
Apr 2, 2009 at 11:12 AM
- Apples
- Member
- Posts: 6,558
Originally posted by Money:
On a side note... Are there really no better options at RB than Frankie Hejduk???
I'm tired of seeing this guy trying to take people on one v one only to get nowhere and blast the cross over everybody's head.
He's got no moves at all. He did put together a really solid 3 minutes in the second half, but thats it.
When Wes Brown is healthy you don't see him trying to take anybody on one v one, and he's got 3 times the class of Hejduk.
I'm just saying... he grinds my gears
How do you RB spell Frankie Hejduk?
Apr 2, 2009 at 2:15 PM
- dman
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,453
Originally posted by Apples:Originally posted by Money:
On a side note... Are there really no better options at RB than Frankie Hejduk???
I'm tired of seeing this guy trying to take people on one v one only to get nowhere and blast the cross over everybody's head.
He's got no moves at all. He did put together a really solid 3 minutes in the second half, but thats it.
When Wes Brown is healthy you don't see him trying to take anybody on one v one, and he's got 3 times the class of Hejduk.
I'm just saying... he grinds my gears
How do you RB spell Frankie Hejduk?
haha
nice
Jun 3, 2009 at 7:32 PM
- StOnEy333
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 99,664
Costa Rica goes up 2-0 on a couple of quick goals. The US defense looked like a bunch of morons, just letting them walk into the box and punch it in.
Jun 3, 2009 at 7:58 PM
- Hollywood49er
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,287
Fuk