LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 136 users in the forums

2008-09 San Antonio Spurs Thread

Originally posted by dobophile:
It's easy to forget how athletic David Robinson was. Amazing.

Pop cannot coach. He didn't know what to do without Parker.

The Spurs don't look confident at all.
Lose this series to Dallas = YUCK
We'll bounce back....I hope
Originally posted by Byisgod:
We'll bounce back....I hope

Done. Now let's go win in Dallas.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Wow great game

Duncan is really good. I like him.

And Finley is clutch!

I like Duncan too. And Finley. And our spot in the playoffs.

Watching with other Spurs fans is something I haven't done much this year, it was nice.

Did you guys High-5?

No, but I did scream in a caller's ear when Finley hit that 3. Whoops!

What do you mean caller?

I be at work. "Can you page Dr..." YES!

Oh, right. Ok. Too bad you guys didn't High-5. That would have been sweet.

There will be many high fives to come.

Nowitzki Kidd
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Manu Ginobili has the most attractive expiring contract in the league. A great many teams are interested in landing a great FA in 2010.

Should the Spurs trade Manu?

32, often injured, plays with reckless abandon, average defender, 3rd option (behind 2 excellent players) on offense, value might never be any higher...

...still plays at a high level, quick 1st step, streaky shooter, yet always a threat
Originally posted by Jigga:
Manu Ginobili has the most attractive expiring contract in the league. A great many teams are interested in landing a great FA in 2010.

Should the Spurs trade Manu?

32, often injured, plays with reckless abandon, average defender, 3rd option (behind 2 excellent players) on offense, value might never be any higher...

...still plays at a high level, quick 1st step, streaky shooter, yet always a threat

EXPIRING CONTRACT, at $10.75 million next year.

When healthy, a top 10 player in the league. Manu has never ranked higher than 63rd on the list of highest paid NBA players. (Something like that, anyway.)

His defense is definitely above average.

2nd offensive option on the Spurs. 1st option in clutch situations.

Ultimate winner. Olympic gold? Check. NBA titles? Check, check, check. Euroleague title? Check.

Manu's injuries have rendered his trade value to its lowest point in 5 years. So the Spurs won't think of trading him . . . yet. I bet the phone starts ringing like crazy next season if Manu is healthy.

There are a lot of really dumb NBA GM's. I couldn't stomach trading him, but if it's a great deal...ugh. I don't even want to talk about it.
Manu is a very crafty player and because of that craftiness, he will be an effective player for some time. Look at how long the Spurs made Finley and Horry last. Manu is still a threat from the 3 and can always be used as a shooter.

I don't think the Spurs trade him. The Spurs got younger but need to find a front court presence or garbage man that can help.

San Antpwndio
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
San Antpwndio

Bill Simmons thinks the Spurs should trade Parker for Foye and the 6th pick. My initial reaction was "heck no!"

I don't know. Maybe trading Parker is a good idea. His value is high, he's not the heart and soul of the team, and the Spurs haven't had a true point guard in a long time.

It's Duncan's team. He is nearly untradeable. Manu is Mr. Intangible, a crafty veteran who makes his teammates better and creates havoc for opposing defenses. He's the x factor of the team. Parker is the most expendable, and his value is really high.

That's an interesting trade. It won't ever happen, but it's interesting. I think it's more likely that they'll start adding players that complement Parker. Plus, Foye isn't all that much younger than Parker and probably won't ever be as good.
Bill Simmons thinks the Spurs should trade Parker for Foye and the 6th pick. My initial reaction was "heck no!"

I don't know. Maybe trading Parker is a good idea. His value is high, he's not the heart and soul of the team, and the Spurs haven't had a true point guard in a long time.

It's Duncan's team. He is nearly untradeable. Manu is Mr. Intangible, a crafty veteran who makes his teammates better and creates havoc for opposing defenses. He's the x factor of the team. Parker is the most expendable, and his value is really high.

That's an interesting trade. It won't ever happen, but it's interesting. I think it's more likely that they'll start adding players that complement Parker. Plus, Foye isn't all that much younger than Parker and probably won't ever be as good.

And he isn't a true PG either. That's a horrible trade for San Antonio.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

And he isn't a true PG either. That's a horrible trade for San Antonio.

Horrible trade. Parker has shown he can develop as a PG and who's to say he can't develop as a better passer. Dude is still very young.
Share 49ersWebzone