LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

2008-09 San Antonio Spurs Thread

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by dobophile:
Richard Jefferson to the Spurs for Bowen, KT, and Oberto.

Rumor or fact?

per Chad Ford

A rumor or fact per Chad Ford? (it's a deal that makes sense for both teams)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4281291

Oh snap.

Welcome back, San Antonio.
so Spurs are looking at

Parker
Jefferson
Finley
Duncan
Bonner

with Manu off the bench, or does this mean that Manu is gone
Bye, bye, 2010 plan.

I'm happy, though. The Spurs took advantage of a salary dump. Who's to say the Spurs could have gotten one of the big FAs anyway?

This is a much smarter move than 2010. You get an excellent wing scorer who is effective on both ends of the court (exactly what you needed), and you don't wait another year for Manu & Duncan to get older. I think that you should try to keep Gooden, and if you do that, you're now right up there with the Lakers in the West and legitimate contenders for the championship.

Great move for the Spurs, and Milwaukee got what they wanted, which is money to pay Villanueva with.
YEA WE GOT JEFFERSON! WOOO!
i really like this move for the Spurs

thats a pretty good team
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Wow, good move for SA. Bowen is clearly declining, I wouldn't be surprised if he retired. Jefferson gets out of the hell that is Milwuakee that he never wanted to be in. At 29 he should be in his prime and fit very well with the Spurs. They need another big man though in the worst way. I don't think they're done making moves.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Great move for the Spurs, and Milwaukee got what they wanted, which is money to pay Villanueva with.

Wow. If they waste the money they saved on Charlie Villanueva then I take back what I said about this being a good trade for the Bucks.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Wow, good move for SA. Bowen is clearly declining, I wouldn't be surprised if he retired. Jefferson gets out of the hell that is Milwuakee that he never wanted to be in. At 29 he should be in his prime and fit very well with the Spurs. They need another big man though in the worst way. I don't think they're done making moves.

I agree with this statement.
Now I'm mad because it looked like Houston would become div. fave next year now its different.
good trade for the spurs, they desperately needed an athletic perimeter player at the 3
Originally posted by valrod33:
so Spurs are looking at

Parker
Jefferson
Finley
Duncan
Bonner

with Manu off the bench, or does this mean that Manu is gone

Projected starting lineup (Spurs aren't done, though):

Parker
Mason/Ginobili
Jefferson
Duncan
Bonner

Spurs need a big. Bonner is garbage.

sorry i had to

• TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by TX9R:

I agree with this statement.
Now I'm mad because it looked like Houston would become div. fave next year now its different.

Even worse is that they are competing for the same guy now. If you were a big man, would you rather back up Yao or start in SA? That Gortat guy is loving this.
LA and I had an interesting discussion on RJ on April 29. Nice prediction, man.

Likewise.

I'm surprised that Milwaukee didn't at least get a future pick from you guys though.
Im surprised you guys let go BB, but i think its a good trade. I think RJ is overrated,but i guess the spurs didnt give up that much.

Likewise.

I'm surprised that Milwaukee didn't at least get a future pick from you guys though.

Wow! From April 29th:
Jefferson would be a great deal if you could pull it off. You guys need someone with some explosiveness like that.

It'd have to be something like Bowen/Oberto/Thomas
and/or picks, Hill, Splitter, etc. I'm not sure you have enough unless the Bucks are in full cost cutting mode. (and they could be, I dunno). 3+ players for one are pretty rare though.

Yeah, something close to Bowen/Oberto/Thomas might work.
  • JR80
  • Veteran
Quote:

Share 49ersWebzone