There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NEW YORK YANKEES REGULAR SEASON THREAD

Originally posted by hec26:
Originally posted by JR80:
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:
If C.C. wanted to be a Yankee he would have signed by now. That being said, he wants to be a Dodger! LOL, I guess just throwing money at people only works for about 60% of free agents these days.

He has interest in the Dodgers, he doesn't WANT to be a Dodger. Doesn't matter anyway cause Dodgers can't afford him if they want to keep Manny.

Sure he has interest in them...that's more than you can say about his feelings toward the Yankees!

Cash chuckin' for another 3rd place finish?

the yanks think they can just buy any one but NEWS FLASH not every one likes playing in NY and not every one can be happy getting paid tons and being miserable for 6+ yrs wearing those damn pinstripes

The next time I see somebody leave that much coin on the table will be the first.
Hard to turn that kinda money down, still it was obvious he wanted to play in California. Lost a little respect for him for that.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
and this is why I can never be a serious baseball fan. Other than a few flukes here and there, you basically have the same 3 or 4 teams shelling out ridiculous amounts of money every year for the best players. If you do happen to develop your own talent, once they are good you simply lose them to one of the 3 or 4 teams. The lack of loyalty is staggering, I don't even know who's on what team from year to year because no one sticks. It's only going to get worse as seats get more empty like they steadily have the last few decades. they should just eliminate 70% of all teams and they probaly will soon, as younger generation just doesn't care about baseball.
Originally posted by TX9R:
and this is why I can never be a serious baseball fan. Other than a few flukes here and there, you basically have the same 3 or 4 teams shelling out ridiculous amounts of money every year for the best players. If you do happen to develop your own talent, once they are good you simply lose them to one of the 3 or 4 teams. The lack of loyalty is staggering, I don't even know who's on what team from year to year because no one sticks. It's only going to get worse as seats get more empty like they steadily have the last few decades. they should just eliminate 70% of all teams and they probaly will soon, as younger generation just doesn't care about baseball.

The Tampa Bay Rays this year disagree
  • SLICK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
If C.C. wanted to be a Yankee he would have signed by now. That being said, he wants to be a Dodger! LOL, I guess just throwing money at people only works for about 60% of free agents these days.

He has interest in the Dodgers, he doesn't WANT to be a Dodger. Doesn't matter anyway cause Dodgers can't afford him if they want to keep Manny.

Sure he has interest in them...that's more than you can say about his feelings toward the Yankees!

the yanks think they can just buy any one but NEWS FLASH not every one likes playing in NY and not every one can be happy getting paid tons and being miserable for 6+ yrs wearing those damn pinstripes

The next time I see somebody leave that much coin on the table will be the first.

Maddux did. Not that much, but at the time is was a ton.

CC is a very good pitcher. He can be a Top 5-7 SP no doubt. I just think that this isn't gonna work out for some reason.......
Originally posted by SLICK:

CC is a very good pitcher. He can be a Top 5-7 SP no doubt. I just think that this isn't gonna work out for some reason.......

Sure, but Maddux only left $6M on the table, whereas I'm under the impression that Sabathia would have been leaving a lot more behind had he not accepted the Yankee offer. Even adjusted for inflation, we're talking tens of millions, if the speculation is true. I've never seen anyone leave THAT much money behind.

And as a Yankee fan, I've had that same feeling about Sabathia in terms of it not working out. We'll see.
  • SLICK
  • Veteran

Sure, but Maddux only left $6M on the table, whereas I'm under the impression that Sabathia would have been leaving a lot more behind had he not accepted the Yankee offer. Even adjusted for inflation, we're talking tens of millions, if the speculation is true. I've never seen anyone leave THAT much money behind.

And as a Yankee fan, I've had that same feeling about Sabathia in terms of it not working out. We'll see.

I thought it was more towards 20 million total. No matter.

Yeah, he's so good but just seems to me in that enviornment he is destined to fail.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
HAHAHAHAH f**k YEAH! CC IS A YANKEE! HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH f**k YEAH!!!!!

And to all the haters...

Report: Sabathia To Sign With Yanks

New York Post - Prized free agent pitcher CC Sabathia has decided to wear pinstripes, according to a published report by the New York Post on its web site Wednesday.

Sabathia has accepted a six-year, $140 million contract offer from the Yankees.

If the figures are accurate, it is the largest contract ever given to a pitcher.

The decision came late Tuesday night after Yankees GM Brian Cashman left the Winter Meetings in Las Vegas to speak with Sabathia and his wife Amber in San Francisco.

Link

A-Rod and CC on the same payroll
Originally posted by jrg1:

New York Post - Prized free agent pitcher CC Sabathia has decided to wear pinstripes, according to a published report by the New York Post on its web site Wednesday.

If the figures are accurate, it is the largest contract ever given to a pitcher.

The decision came late Tuesday night after Yankees GM Brian Cashman left the Winter Meetings in Las Vegas to speak with Sabathia and his wife Amber in San Francisco.

Link

Pavano () + Mussina ()>Sabathia

At least when it comes to payroll.
  • SLICK
  • Veteran

Link

And maybe Manny.........

LAS VEGAS -- Yankees co-owner Hank Steinbrenner is said by people close to him to want Manny Ramirez in pinstripes. Unlike his father, who dreaded dreadlocks, Steinbrenner the junior is said by a Yankees person "not to give a (hoot) about his hair.''

Just because the Yankees are about to sign CC Sabathia and are trying hard for two more great free-agent pitchers doesn't mean they're ignoring the offensive end of things. With about $160 million going to Sabathia, Mark Teixeira is all but out of the Yankees' picture. But even if they sign three free-agent pitches -- and if they don't get either Derek Lowe or A.J. Burnett, with Ben Sheets next on the radar -- the Yankees are mulling a run at Ramirez.

The Dodgers have been pursuing Ramirez, and if the Angels miss out on Teixeira, they might join the Manny fray as well.

Link

And maybe Manny.........

LAS VEGAS -- Yankees co-owner Hank Steinbrenner is said by people close to him to want Manny Ramirez in pinstripes. Unlike his father, who dreaded dreadlocks, Steinbrenner the junior is said by a Yankees person "not to give a (hoot) about his hair.''

Just because the Yankees are about to sign CC Sabathia and are trying hard for two more great free-agent pitchers doesn't mean they're ignoring the offensive end of things. With about $160 million going to Sabathia, Mark Teixeira is all but out of the Yankees' picture. But even if they sign three free-agent pitches -- and if they don't get either Derek Lowe or A.J. Burnett, with Ben Sheets next on the radar -- the Yankees are mulling a run at Ramirez.

The Dodgers have been pursuing Ramirez, and if the Angels miss out on Teixeira, they might join the Manny fray as well.

I bet he'd like nothing more than to stick it to the Red Sox 19 times a year, plus postseason. And Manny protecting A-Rod? Yikes.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
" An agreement with Lowe appears likely to be finalized in the coming days"

Quote:
The Yankees' new rotation is starting to take shape, as they are also in serious negotiations with free-agent Derek Lowe. An agreement with Lowe appears likely to be finalized in the coming days, as well. The sides were discussing a contract for four years and about $66 million late Tuesday.

The Yankees, though, are intent on adding three starters and are also talking with A.J. Burnett and Ben Sheets. They are hopeful of adding one of those two pitchers to round out their rotation.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/jon_heyman/12/10/sabathia.yanks/index.html?eref=T1

welcome cc! They really had 2 work to get him because it was obvious he wanted to play elsewhere, but 161 million bucks is tough to turn down.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=3759197&name=olney_buster

Link

And maybe Manny.........

I bet he'd like nothing more than to stick it to the Red Sox 19 times a year, plus postseason. And Manny protecting A-Rod? Yikes.