LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 199 users in the forums

2008-2009 General NHL Discussion Thread and PLAYOFFS! (pg 16)

Originally posted by GoNiners:
Laviolette got the boot today as the Hurricanes coach. I was at the press conference today and i couldn't believe when i saw Paul Maurice there. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

lol i find this funny, the dude that got fired replaces the dude that replaced him a few yrs back.
Hurricanes better work on their damn power play. I tell you it's very hard to watch them on the PP
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Man, the nhl suspended sean avery for comments he made about dion phaneuf and his girl.

This may be the break the Stars needed to get back into the middle of the west.

nah man, Avery has played decent. What will get us back in the race is Turco getting out of his funk, not Avery being suspended.

Avery should get a 3 game suspension, it was a rude comment but so what? Players should have free speech and he didn't even attack the NHL or a NHL player, just his ex-gfs. What now the NHL is protecting the girlfriends of hockey players?

If you really want to end Avery's antics, do away with the instigator rule...

I was thinking that Avery's locker room presence may be attributing to the Stars losing some games.

Turco did play well against the flames yesterday. I dont know if it had to do with avery being suspended or turco getting his head on straight.

But it would be interesting to see if the stars make a run with avery gone.

From reading some of the quotes from upper management, Avery may not see the ice for a long time if it at all.
Man, the nhl suspended sean avery for comments he made about dion phaneuf and his girl.

nah man, Avery has played decent. What will get us back in the race is Turco getting out of his funk, not Avery being suspended.

Avery should get a 3 game suspension, it was a rude comment but so what? Players should have free speech and he didn't even attack the NHL or a NHL player, just his ex-gfs. What now the NHL is protecting the girlfriends of hockey players?

I was thinking that Avery's locker room presence may be attributing to the Stars losing some games.

Turco did play well against the flames yesterday. I dont know if it had to do with avery being suspended or turco getting his head on straight.

From reading some of the quotes from upper management, Avery may not see the ice for a long time if it at all.

Dave Tippett:

"I'm trying to build a team where the players care about each other, that has continuity," Tippett said outside the Dallas dressing room prior to Wednesday night's game at Rexall Place against the Edmonton Oilers. "I find it hard to believe that Sean could come back in the room and we would have that continuity.

Linkage

I wonder if you guys will trade him? (I dont know if he as a NTC in his contract or something)
^^^ to add on to that:

Some qoutes: "We hope it's the last time we ever see him," says one veteran.

"Our locker room is the happiest it has been all year right now," says another player.

linkage

Needless to say, I will be very angry if Avery doesnt play for the stars again.
^^^ to add on to that:

Some qoutes: "We hope it's the last time we ever see him," says one veteran.

"Our locker room is the happiest it has been all year right now," says another player.

linkage

Needless to say, I will be very angry if Avery doesnt play for the stars again.

hahaha, this is a mess. Man has our season got off to a horrible start: Zubie injured, Lehtinen injured, Turco playing horrible, Morrow out for the year, and the Avery problem.

Avery does have a NTC, but I don't think its a strict one, like there are only some limits on trading him.

This season is so frustrating...IMO talent wise we are the #3 team in the West. So I still gotta believe we can turn it around and make playoffs. But we just keep losing games we shouldn't....

Dave Tippett:

"I'm trying to build a team where the players care about each other, that has continuity," Tippett said outside the Dallas dressing room prior to Wednesday night's game at Rexall Place against the Edmonton Oilers. "I find it hard to believe that Sean could come back in the room and we would have that continuity.

Linkage

I wonder if you guys will trade him? (I dont know if he as a NTC in his contract or something)

No chance any team will trade for him with his attitude, antics and $3mil salary... Stars prob wont cut him cuz of his salary as well... More than likely, I bet they will send him to the AHL and let him rot, cuz highly unlikely anyone claims him off waivers.... Or they could suspend his ass for a lengthy period of time... Nobody in the Stars organization wants him back, but his salary kind of ties their hands

[ Edited by Jordache49 on Dec 4, 2008 at 15:13:07 ]
I miss Luongo
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Poor Joe Sakic....
Originally posted by lazyeye:
Poor Joe Sakic....

damn 3 months.

Will he hang it up after this year?

• NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lazyeye:
Poor Joe Sakic....

damn 3 months.

Will he hang it up after this year?

That would suck! What a f**ked up way to go out....Damn snow
Originally posted by WeWillWinAgain:
I miss Luongo

I miss Sean Avery
  • NickV
  • Veteran
I miss Luongo

I miss Sean Avery

bwhahaha

I'd take him in if he wasnt such a head case.............maybe not.
Originally posted by NickV:
I miss Luongo

I miss Sean Avery

bwhahaha

I'd take him in if he wasnt such a head case.............maybe not.

I miss him cause he's not playing with the stars. He f**ked them up
  • NickV
  • Veteran
This just in. The Bruins are good!
Share 49ersWebzone