LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

2008-2009 General NHL Discussion Thread and PLAYOFFS! (pg 16)

Originally posted by Jordache49:
Originally posted by NickV:
Andy McDonald broke his leg.....injury's aren't exactly going the Blues way....

He was playin real good hockey too.. Easily, our best player so far.

Sounds like u blues fans are cryin the blues...fu*k that was a lame pun.

But seriously, come on over to the Canucks bandwagon. Best goalie in the league, best set of twins in the league, best FANS in the league.
  • amcbride
  • Info N/A
DAMN STARS! They came out to play for once but ended up being outskated by the young Blackhawks, oh well Ill be at tomorrows game (3 rows from the ice), and hopefully they can get it together and beat the Ducks again.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/hockey/nhl/11/21/stars.morrow.ap/index.html

Join the torn ACL club Morrow!

Re-hab isn't that bad.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/hockey/nhl/11/21/stars.morrow.ap/index.html

Re-hab isn't that bad.

This is a disaster for the Stars....I just hope Morrow can come back 100%. IMO he was the second best player in playoffs, i'll still give Zetterberg the nod as the best performance.

I'll keep rooting for my Stars, but it ain't looking pretty
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Re-hab isn't that bad.

This is a disaster for the Stars....I just hope Morrow can come back 100%. IMO he was the second best player in playoffs, i'll still give Zetterberg the nod as the best performance.

I'll keep rooting for my Stars, but it ain't looking pretty

Tell me about it. In a way its a good thing for me as a sharks fan because of all what happend last year. But at the same time I don't want anybody to get hurt. Tearing your ACL doesn't feel too good.
Man, the nhl suspended sean avery for comments he made about dion phaneuf and his girl.

This may be the break the Stars needed to get back into the middle of the west.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Man, the nhl suspended sean avery for comments he made about dion phaneuf and his girl.

nah man, Avery has played decent. What will get us back in the race is Turco getting out of his funk, not Avery being suspended.

Avery should get a 3 game suspension, it was a rude comment but so what? Players should have free speech and he didn't even attack the NHL or a NHL player, just his ex-gfs. What now the NHL is protecting the girlfriends of hockey players?

If you really want to end Avery's antics, do away with the instigator rule...

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Dec 2, 2008 at 17:36:48 ]
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Did anyone watch the Flyers/Lightning game when Scott Hartnell threw his glove at a tampa player and drew a penalty shot?

He almost cost Phili the game.
Did anyone watch the Flyers/Lightning game when Scott Hartnell threw his glove at a tampa player and drew a penalty shot?

hahaha, that was so funny. I played hockey growing up and I've seen that call in pee wee games but that was it. Everyone knows you can't throw your gear at a guy on a breakaway!!

nah man, Avery has played decent. What will get us back in the race is Turco getting out of his funk, not Avery being suspended.

Avery should get a 3 game suspension, it was a rude comment but so what? Players should have free speech and he didn't even attack the NHL or a NHL player, just his ex-gfs. What now the NHL is protecting the girlfriends of hockey players?

hmmm....Maybe I should talk s**t about Turco more often. His best game of the season, he actually looked like Turco!

Stars won their first back-to-back games of the season

Edit: They also finally are giving more playing time to Peterson. That guy might not be talented but he is a throwback to Dallas in the late 90's. A savy veteran who plays smart hockey. Having him center the 3rd instead of Modano makes us a better team.

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Dec 2, 2008 at 22:35:42 ]

• NickV
  • Veteran
One win for Dallas ties for third in the pacific.

But they are 20 points behind first place.

Ive seen sticks tossed, but never a glove... Biron bailed his ass out bigtime. Then Malone goes on to take the penalty that ended the game

I dont think it was 'what' was said, just more 'how' it was said... He blatently went out of his was to ask if the cameras were on, and if they could film him. All he had to say was "Glad to be back in Canada, I like Calgary, but ive noticed how people are takin my sloppy seconds (Stoll w/ Rachael Hunter and obv Phaneuf w/ Cuthbert), and enjoy the game...."

I love the way Avery plays on the ice, but he def deserved something.. I woulda gave him a large dent in the pocket book over a suspension.. Prob played his last game in Big D

[ Edited by Jordache49 on Dec 3, 2008 at 10:42:39 ]

I was thinking that Avery's locker room presence may be attributing to the Stars losing some games.

Turco did play well against the flames yesterday. I dont know if it had to do with avery being suspended or turco getting his head on straight.

But it would be interesting to see if the stars make a run with avery gone.
Laviolette got the boot today as the Hurricanes coach. I was at the press conference today and i couldn't believe when i saw Paul Maurice there. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
Share 49ersWebzone