LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

2008-2009 General NHL Discussion Thread and PLAYOFFS! (pg 16)

• NickV
  • Veteran
Denis Savard was already fired after just 4 games into the season.

Dallas Star's rookie Fabian Brunnstrom scored a hat trick in his debut.

and Captain Marian Gaborik from he Wild may be on the trading block.

[ Edited by NickV on Apr 10, 2009 at 22:12:01 ]
dude i hope that brunnstrom hat trick is not a sign for things to come from him. the stars may have started slow but once they get it goin and if brunnstrom is the truth its gonna be a hard fought battle for the pacific. but right now im ehhh on him i saw the high lights and any player couldve scored with those nice passes.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:
Denis Savard was already fired after just 4 games into the season.

Dallas Star's rookie Fabian Brunnstrom scored a hat trick in his debut.

and Captain Marian Gaborik from he Wild may be on the trading block.

Blues
Red Wings
Rangers

anyone got Stanley cup predictions?
Buffalo vs Anaheim for me.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFgoldrush49:
Rangers

If they can play to their potential....
Sharks vs Rangers

• NickV
  • Veteran
Taken from the sharks thread....

Originally posted by hec26:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Blackhawks fired their coach already and hireg Coach Quenville.

WOW

that s**t looked planned from the get go. they won last night 4-1 over a good yotes team and he still gets fired

Ain't that some s**t eh?

They are suppose to be contenders with all of their FA activity. I guess the first 4 games was enough to gt him canned.
Rangers

If they can play to their potential....
Sharks vs Rangers

I Like your prediction better the sharks and rangers just seem to blow it in the playoffs hopefully they make it b/c that would be a great Stanley cup final
Rangers

It kills me to say it since im a Blues fan, BUT

Red Wings repeat over the Blueshirts

Red Wings were hands down the best team last year, and only got more dangerous with Hossa... The thing seperating them from everyone else is their superstars in the Offensive zone are all 2-ways guys. Datsyuk, Zetterburg and Hossa are all 2 way and physical. Throw in Homer and Franzen, along with their blue line, i dont see any team beating them 4 outta 7 when it comes down to it..

On the other side, I see the Rangers puttin it together. They have deep depth up front, a lot of scoring on the back end and prob the best goalie in the NHL right now (i know you Shark fans got somethin to say, but he chokes when it counts).
Maple Leafs

I can't believe f**king Savard was fired 4 games in...
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I can't believe f**king Savard was fired 4 games in...

it makes no sense for me. You have a young team that almost made the playoffs last year and you fire the coach. I think you need to have the same coach for a while as a young team, I mean he was making progress.*

*Having the same coach is good as long as he is ok/good. Not Mike Nolan
Originally posted by Jordache49:
Rangers

Red Wings were hands down the best team last year, and only got more dangerous with Hossa... The thing seperating them from everyone else is their superstars in the Offensive zone are all 2-ways guys. Datsyuk, Zetterburg and Hossa are all 2 way and physical. Throw in Homer and Franzen, along with their blue line, i dont see any team beating them 4 outta 7 when it comes down to it..

On the other side, I see the Rangers puttin it together. They have deep depth up front, a lot of scoring on the back end and prob the best goalie in the NHL right now (i know you Shark fans got somethin to say, but he chokes when it counts).

LOL obviously dude you dont watch sharks playoff hockey nabby is the least person to choke he brings it every night its the rest of the others who dont bring it come playoff time. your acting like the wings are unbeatable on any giving night the sharks can beat em and they wont make it easy for them to repeat if they meet in the playoffs
Originally posted by hec26:
Originally posted by Jordache49:
Rangers

LOL obviously dude you dont watch sharks playoff hockey nabby is the least person to choke he brings it every night its the rest of the others who dont bring it come playoff time. your acting like the wings are unbeatable on any giving night the sharks can beat em and they wont make it easy for them to repeat if they meet in the playoffs

Trust me man, ive watched every Shark playoff game last 2 yrs cuz i thought they were Cup favorites and took Nabby, Thornton, Cheechoo in my pool, lol... They got a good squad. i thought they would win the Cup last 2 yrs. They could knock of Detroit. Not sayin it cant happen.. But IMO Detroit was head and shoulders above everyone come playoff time last year.. They only lost 6 games in 4 series. Most of their wins were pretty convinving. And all they did was add a 40+ goal scorer. They gotta be the Cup fav's... And I hate them. Im just callin it how i see it

Dude, Nabi is good but he's had some rough playoff games.. When he matches up with another solid goalie (Kipper, Turco) he's doesnt always make the big save. Calgary made that series a lot harder than it should have and Dallas knocked them out. Both those series they had the better team up front and usually the game came down to the goalie.
My Hawks aren't playing bad they are jus getting unlucky...1-2-1
Share 49ersWebzone