There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***Official 2008-2009 Houston Rockets Thread***

Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
David Lee.

David Lee in fact the agent for Ariza and Bynum. After speaking with a Times staff writer he said he doubts any agents would visit any type of fan forum, he said most sports people hate fan forums.

It could be David Lee on the other end, because he only has 2 clients, so he might have extra time to surf fan forums, but to know for sure

Well, it sounds like neither of you know anything of the situation other than your opinions of "sports people".
David Lee.

David Lee in fact the agent for Ariza and Bynum. After speaking with a Times staff writer he said he doubts any agents would visit any type of fan forum, he said most sports people hate fan forums.

It could be David Lee on the other end, because he only has 2 clients, so he might have extra time to surf fan forums, but to know for sure

Lee is definitely kind of a weird cat, no doubt. But like you said, those are his only two clients, so it's not like he has to be on the phone all day. His purpose for being on the Laker boards is to manipulate public perception in a positive way, especially during times of injury and contract negotiations...which is pretty much all he's ever posted about. Remember, not only do these guys negotiate NBA contracts, they negotiate endorsement deals. So while it's definitely unusual, it does make sense to try to get the public on your side.

I "know" that Gumby=Lee because of a couple of people that I talk to on a somewhat regular basis that have connection to the Lakers. They've all confirmed that it's him. Could they be wrong or lying to me? Sure, but I doubt it, especially considering that Gumby had the scoop on everything related to Ariza & Bynum.
David Lee.

Lee is definitely kind of a weird cat, no doubt. But like you said, those are his only two clients, so it's not like he has to be on the phone all day. His purpose for being on the Laker boards is to manipulate public perception in a positive way, especially during times of injury and contract negotiations...which is pretty much all he's ever posted about. Remember, not only do these guys negotiate NBA contracts, they negotiate endorsement deals. So while it's definitely unusual, it does make sense to try to get the public on your side.

I "know" that Gumby=Lee because of a couple of people that I talk to on a somewhat regular basis that have connection to the Lakers. They've all confirmed that it's him. Could they be wrong or lying to me? Sure, but I doubt it, especially considering that Gumby had the scoop on everything related to Ariza & Bynum.

There's no doubt he was on the inside and either David Lee or someone in that camp. His information on Bynum (injury and contract) and Ariza (trade) was accurate and ahead of any press.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Quote:
Really doesn't matter, if the blog was created by a 14 year old or an vet 65 year old...
That blog was cool to read & enjoyed the stats that were in it...If LA49er thinks D12 is better than let him be!!!

Its not just cause I'm a Rocks fans that I choose Yao over Howard, even if I was from another team, that wouldn't change the fact that Yao is a true center & more polished than Howard. Anyways not gonna waste my time here with this...

This week Rockets will ONCE AGAIN beat Orlando & Yao will ONCE AGAIN out play Howard & even after both of these things happen, people will continue to support Howard over Yao...

Message: DO NOT come to the Rocks board & expect to get support for Howard over Yao...Not gonna happen!!! Call it homerism or whatnot...Thats like me going to the Lakers board & saying King James is better than Kobe...LOL

[ Edited by sarpp on Apr 1, 2009 at 8:44 AM ]
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
[ Edited by sarpp on Apr 1, 2009 at 12:57 PM ]
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Rockets are PLAYING the worst game I've seen in 2 months from them!!!

No defense!!! No rebounding!!! Their actually making the Suns look good!!!
The Suns are playing with desperation.
Originally posted by sarpp:
Rockets are PLAYING the worst game I've seen in 2 months from them!!!

No defense!!! No rebounding!!! Their actually making the Suns look good!!!

59 points for the suns with 2:30 left in the 2nd quater
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
67 points in a half!!! Suns shot 67%!!!

I got no words for how badly the Rockets have played so far...Plus we've had ONLY 1 game in the last 7 days there are just no excuses for this!!!

Did someone tell them that after tonight they play @LAL on Friday???
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Truly UNACCEPTABLE the Rockets tonight!!! I know we clinched a playoff spot already, but still need to play better!!!

In these close games down the stretch I actually miss T-Mac, teams had to at least guard him & that opened up more Yao & others. Now teams only focus on Yao, which means Artest ends up putting difficult shots!!!
Truly UNACCEPTABLE the Rockets tonight!!! I know we clinched a playoff spot already, but still need to play better!!!

In these close games down the stretch I actually miss T-Mac, teams had to at least guard him & that opened up more Yao & others. Now teams only focus on Yao, which means Artest ends up putting difficult shots!!!

Don't pout... it will be all over for the rockets after round one...
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by socalfan21:

Don't pout... it will be all over for the rockets after round one...

Whatever...
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I hate west coast games. I tried I really did try and stay awake to watch. Made it to halftime. Glad I did. Nothing worse than staying up late to watch us lose.
  • sarpp
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by TX9R:
I hate west coast games. I tried I really did try and stay awake to watch. Made it to halftime. Glad I did. Nothing worse than staying up late to watch us lose.

I hear you...I currently live in Europe & I got up at 4am & watched the game until it finished at 6.30am, needless to say that I was tired & p****d! LOL

Oh well, if we beat the Lakers on friday, I'll forgive them for this horrible game!
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:

I hear you...I currently live in Europe & I got up at 4am & watched the game until it finished at 6.30am, needless to say that I was tired & p****d! LOL

Oh well, if we beat the Lakers on friday, I'll forgive them for this horrible game!

I have a two month old. I sleep when I can get it. Luckily the friday game, although another crappy late start time, is friday, so I can try and convince myslef that since I don't have to work saturday i can stay up. we'll see.