There are 220 users in the forums

University of Hawaii Warriors Football 2012

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by samoan49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by samoan49er:
Originally posted by E-49er:
Wow da braddahs keepin' it close. USC 49 Hawaii 36 with 3:52 inthe 4th. Hawaii's offense looks like it s back but the secondary looks likes it needs alot of help. USC defense looks horrible too. Monte Kiffin needs to work on these guys.

Man if the defense could fricken tackle, the game woulda at least been really close. Also, Hawaii shoulda ran the ball in when they were on the 2 or something like that. They wasted numerous opportunities. Good showing though, hopefully Moniz is alright.

I was yelling my ass off for them to run the ball, Alex Green is a beast!!!! And I agree with you our defense sucks ass at tackling. Recruiting LB's should be next up, hopefully they give my brother-n-law a look after he gets his AA. He graded better than Manti Teo at the Combine here in Hawaii.

But I gotta give it up for USC, they had great support at Aloha stadium last night, yellow section was nothing but a sea of red. And all my years as a season ticket holder, I've never seen so much fights last night.

Yup Green sure does look good, they really need to run a bit more often. Moniz coulda ran it in a couple times instead of throwing those lame fade routes that were way off. Anyways, hopefully the d improves. I got a couple cousins who are true freshmen on the team, Bubba Poueu-Luna and John Hardy-Tuliau (both db's). I'm hoping they eventually step on the field.

Hopefully one of your cousins do step up, cause Spencer Smith sucks, braddah was blowing assignments all last night. Hes also one of the worst tackling SS out there. Both Silva and Smith look so indecisive out there.
Those were the two worst tackling teams I have ever seen. Definitely not something you would expect from a USC team. Let alone a monte kiffin D. Fun game to watch though
Yeah, that was close. I was pullin for Hawaii
Pilares the real deal or just going up against a young and suspect USC secondary? 3 tds, 176 yds, man he torched USC.

I tell you one thing it's going to be fun win or lose watching Hawaii this season.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Pilares the real deal or just going up against a young and suspect USC secondary? 3 tds, 176 yds, man he torched USC.

I tell you one thing it's going to be fun win or lose watching Hawaii this season.

I agree, and once again, their defense is gonna piss me off this year.

They have got to find a way to get Alex Green more involved. He wants to be the first to get 1,000 yards, hes well on his way.
I still like the thread title! lol
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:

Yeah, that was a good game, nice balance of run and pass, the run game average 4.4 yds/carry, against USC, just wait until they get into conference play. Just hope Moniz is okay. Go Hawaii!
hooooo boy am i glad i didn't drop $1000 on USC like one of my friends did!

LOL
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

LOL

The house I usually go through, told me everyone was going Hawaii. That was one bet to stay away from too scary.

And I gotta say this, if Shane Austin starts the rest of the year, Greg Salas and Kealoha Pilares will light it up this season. Moniz is horrible.
Thought you might like this:

From today's SF Chron: Scott Ostler's Sunday Punch -- Deep Thoughts & Cheap Shots

>> Hawaii outgains USC, 588 yards to 525, lighting up Monte Kiffin's defense. Headline from the near future: "Lane Kiffen fires dad, cites desire to spend less time with family."

LOL

The house I usually go through, told me everyone was going Hawaii. That was one bet to stay away from too scary.

And I gotta say this, if Shane Austin starts the rest of the year, Greg Salas and Kealoha Pilares will light it up this season. Moniz is horrible.

didn't Mac say Moniz has a chance to be the "greatest QB in school history"

....well it's good to see at least that quality of June Jones rubbed off on Mac.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

LOL

....well it's good to see at least that quality of June Jones rubbed off on Mac.

Mac is smoking the sweet ones, with Moniz if he thinks that.

Shane Austin that is all.

LOL

Mac is smoking the sweet ones, with Moniz if he thinks that.

Shane Austin that is all.

Any of you Hawaii fans familiar with QB David Graves? Is he a 3rd or 4th stringer?

He Graduated from Folsom HIgh with my brother and he and his family have been friends since his dad coached my brothers PeeWee team. He was pretty dominant in HS, and I was just curious how he was doing.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
Any of you Hawaii fans familiar with QB David Graves? Is he a 3rd or 4th stringer?

He Graduated from Folsom HIgh with my brother and he and his family have been friends since his dad coached my brothers PeeWee team. He was pretty dominant in HS, and I was just curious how he was doing.

Not really, hes just too far down the depth chart right now. Maybe next year he'll get a real shot.
Share 49ersWebzone