LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 337 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Kellerman was just ripping Pac a new one. Marquez calling out Mayweather.

If Pac does get past Hatton, and Mayweather doesn't come out of retirement...

Pac Marquez III. I'd pay to see it.

Marquez would get killed he showed his age on saturday and should of lost, anyone who thinks Marquez has a shot vs PAC-Man is dead wrong.

How did he show his age? By knocking out a younger, faster, in his prime fighter? Diaz right up to his loss to Campbell was regarded as being the best lightweight in the world. What we saw is a veteran fighter making adjustmenmts and counterpunching setting himself up for the win in the later rounds. Paquiao and Marquez is probably the best fight that could be made in the lighter weight classes. Don't be fooled by the PAC MAN you saw against DelaHoya. That had more to do with Oscar being shot than with Pacs skill level.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

Marquez would get killed he showed his age on saturday and should of lost, anyone who thinks Marquez has a shot vs PAC-Man is dead wrong.

How did he show his age? By knocking out a younger, faster, in his prime fighter? Diaz right up to his loss to Campbell was regarded as being the best lightweight in the world. What we saw is a veteran fighter making adjustmenmts and counterpunching setting himself up for the win in the later rounds. Paquiao and Marquez is probably the best fight that could be made in the lighter weight classes. Don't be fooled by the PAC MAN you saw against DelaHoya. That had more to do with Oscar being shot than with Pacs skill level.

It was a great fight!!
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

What did Kellerman say?

I always admired him for the love of boxing.

Ever since his ESPN days.

Basically what most of the Pacman naysayers have said:

(Just paraphrasing) Pacman's been widely criticized since the last Marquez fight for taking the easy way into the higher weight divisions taking on David Diaz, the less accomplished and not feared lightweight division champion. Then taking on a washed up and completely over the hill De La Hoya. It is because of this that I consider Marquez the number one pound for pound fighter in the world ahead of Pacquiao. He is doing something, that Pacman has never really done, fight another fighter like Baby Bull Diaz who is in his prime. I certainly for one, am not the only one who feels this way. (end)

Although sad, it's nothing new. Kellerman had a few other tidbits to say, but it was surprising nonetheless to hear Kellerman's take on Pacman. Nate Campbell had the other 3 belts at the time Pacquiao moved up to lightweight, but it was never confirmed whether it was really a big split in money or whether Pacquiao just didn't want to fight Campbell. It would have been a good fight to watch, but Pacquiao had a lot to lose, nothing to really gain (outside of the obvious), and would've been nothing remotely close to a big money fight which is why his camp handpicked Diaz. (this fight didn't sell out either)

Pacquiao's fight plan has been chosen carefully...leading to Hatton and hopefully for them an eventual super mega fight with Mayweather.
I think the Pacman Marquez III would be an EXCELLENT FIGHT. Marquez has historically proven to be a slow starter and Saturday was nothing but an example to illustrate just that. We can all agree if it weren't for the five knockdowns in their two fights, Marquez could've easily won both fights.

Worst case scenario for fight fans if Mayweather does not choose to unretire, Marquez fights the winner of Hatton/Pacquiao, which hopefully draws the third and probably final installment in that saga. It's only fitting, he gave Morales a third run, Marquez more than certainly deserves it. After Hatton, a third run with Marquez is possible if not Mayweather, or a fight with the undefeated Timothy Bradley Jr. (who?)

On a side note, an article I read said Hatton recently weighed in at 165 while Pac weighed in at 150. Hatton's pre-fight training is

[ Edited by phiLthyphiL on Mar 4, 2009 at 08:50:45 ]
Where the fu*k is Mayweather?

[ Edited by TonyStarks on Mar 4, 2009 at 12:05:52 ]
I think the Pacman Marquez III would be an EXCELLENT FIGHT. Marquez has historically proven to be a slow starter and Saturday was nothing but an example to illustrate just that. We can all agree if it weren't for the five knockdowns in their two fights, Marquez could've easily won both fights.

Worst case scenario for fight fans if Mayweather does not choose to unretire, Marquez fights the winner of Hatton/Pacquiao, which hopefully draws the third and probably final installment in that saga. It's only fitting, he gave Morales a third run, Marquez more than certainly deserves it. After Hatton, a third run with Marquez is possible if not Mayweather, or a fight with the undefeated Timothy Bradley Jr. (who?)

On a side note, an article I read said Hatton recently weighed in at 165 while Pac weighed in at 150. Hatton's pre-fight training is

Actually it is normal since Hatton is the naturaly bigger man. He is known to balloon up to 185 in between fights. He has never had a problem making the 140 for his fights.
185? Jesus Christ, that's ridiculous.

God I dislike mayweather.

That's why I wanna see Pacquiooiuuuoouaouou vs Mayweather so badly.

It would be epic to see how Pac could fair.
185? Jesus Christ, that's ridiculous.

That's why he is called Ricky Fatton!

He's flashy, he's arrogant as fuq...dude is very douchebag-like. But he's got some serious skill. He adds a lot to a declining sport IMO.
Originally posted by GiGalo9er:

He's flashy, he's arrogant as fuq...dude is very douchebag-like. But he's got some serious skill. He adds a lot to a declining sport IMO.

Yeah. After his Hatton fight , I kinda gained some respect for him, especially when he called out some MMA guys.

PBF is alright with me.
Originally posted by GiGalo9er:

Yeah. After his Hatton fight , I kinda gained some respect for him, especially when he called out some MMA guys.

PBF is alright with me.

NO DOUBT! PBF is a GEE. I wish he would fight more. Boxing needs it.
Sidenote: MMA Sucks
When's Hatton vs Pac?
When's Hatton vs Pac?

May 2.

Don't look that far ahead.

Paul Williams Winky Wright next weekend. Paul Williams is a BEEEEEAST.
Share 49ersWebzone