There are 171 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
Originally posted by Hollywood49er:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Any upcoming fights other than the blockbuster Pac/Mayweather fight?

Magarito vs Mosley @ Staples Center Jan. 24 FREE on HBO @ 7PM

Mosley is on his last leg, I expect Maggs to KO him.

You were saying.....

pw3nd

Good job on the prediction, Wood...hope you didn't lose any $$$$$
  • 909er
  • Veteran
Out of 20,000 people in the Staples center, there was like me and 40 other dudes in the whole freakin building rooting for mosley... lol... I swear it was like a Raider game. Drunk fans talking non-sense, fighting in the stands, leaving disappointed, some in handcuffs... lol... but in all, had a good time... hope to see future fights at this venue. ((Mosely vs Cotto p.2))
  • 909er
  • Veteran
"Adding fuel to the fire before the HBO-televised bout was the controversy and potential scandal after Margarito was found to have a plaster-like substance inside both hand wraps. Initially, Nazim Richardson, Mosley's trainer, brought it to the attention of the California commission that Margarito appeared to have too much wrap on his hands.

After Margarito was prompted to re-wrap his hands, that's when the hard substance was discovered. The California commission confiscated the materials and plans to investigate. Richardson said Mosley should be given his full credit for beating Margarito, who was considered a solid favorite after his 11th-round TKO against previously unbeaten Miguel Cotto took the title in July."

LINK

WOW~

Nazim Trainer of the year!! ...lol
Originally posted by 909er:
"Adding fuel to the fire before the HBO-televised bout was the controversy and potential scandal after Margarito was found to have a plaster-like substance inside both hand wraps. Initially, Nazim Richardson, Mosley's trainer, brought it to the attention of the California commission that Margarito appeared to have too much wrap on his hands.

After Margarito was prompted to re-wrap his hands, that's when the hard substance was discovered. The California commission confiscated the materials and plans to investigate. Richardson said Mosley should be given his full credit for beating Margarito, who was considered a solid favorite after his 11th-round TKO against previously unbeaten Miguel Cotto took the title in July."

LINK

WOW~

I was listening to the trainer talk to Mosley between the rounds, I was so impressed I rewinded on the DVR and listened again.

I am now wondering how much plastic in gloves could have helped him win the Cotto fight?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

LINK

WOW~

I was listening to the trainer talk to Mosley between the rounds, I was so impressed I rewinded on the DVR and listened again.

I am now wondering how much plastic in gloves could have helped him win the Cotto fight?

Forget the Cotto fights how bout all of his fights. Very fishy if you ask me
Originally posted by lamontb:

LINK

WOW~

eh.. what the f*ck is plastic stuff in your wraps gonna do?

I thought Margarito was doing good the first half of the fight, then just I dunno'ed in the sixth.
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Mosley wins by knock out

He just kicked Margaritos ass

Holy sh*t!!! There was actually a knockout in boxing!!!! Usually most boxing matches end in a decision and neither guy has a mark on their face.
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Mosley wins by knock out

He just kicked Margaritos ass

Holy sh*t!!! There was actually a knockout in boxing!!!! Usually most boxing matches end in a decision and neither guy has a mark on their face.
,says the MMA fan.

LINK

WOW~

I thought Margarito was doing good the first half of the fight, then just I dunno'ed in the sixth.

Not plastic, plaster. The same stuff used to stabalize your arm when you break it! First they wrap your arm in it and then they put water on it and it hardens like cement.

What his trainer did was wrap his hands (around the knuckles) with some of that stuff so that his sweat would act like the hardener litarally giving Margarito hands of stone. Funny how his punches never effected Mosley yet they destroyed other's including Cotto. I think the great tornado was just exposed!
Originally posted by glorydayz:

LINK

WOW~

Not plastic, plaster. The same stuff used to stabalize your arm when you break it! First they wrap your arm in it and then they put water on it and it hardens like cement.

What his trainer did was wrap his hands (around the knuckles) with some of that stuff so that his sweat would act like the hardener litarally giving Margarito hands of stone. Funny how his punches never effected Mosley yet they destroyed other's including Cotto. I think the great tornado was just exposed!
I thought Maggs, did pretty good without those things during the first 5 rounds.

Maybe he has insecurity issues.

WTF , man.

• 909er
  • Veteran
hmm.. Now that Margarito is (temp) suspendent ... Wonder will this led to a re-match with Mosley and Cotto ... and since the last fight was in NYC and Mosley not getting love in vegas = Staples Center
hmm.. Now that Margarito is (temp) suspendent ... Wonder will this led to a re-match with Mosley and Cotto ... and since the last fight was in NYC and Mosley not getting love in vegas = Staples Center

That would be cool. I think Cotto will continue to have A strong career.

I forgot why doesnt he fight in Vegas?
  • 909er
  • Veteran
Mosley can still fight in Vegas, I'm sure he's just waiting for that BALCO crap (steroids)
issue to settle down... as for Cotto the only fight he had in Vegas (correct me if i'm wrong) was with Margarito... The hometown love came in handy in the fight between these two cuz I think it should have been a draw... lol~
Originally posted by glorydayz:

LINK

WOW~

I thought Maggs, did pretty good without those things during the first 5 rounds.

Maybe he has insecurity issues.

WTF , man.

Man he was getting hsi ass beat in the 1st 5 rounds
Mosley can still fight in Vegas, I'm sure he's just waiting for that BALCO crap (steroids)
issue to settle down... as for Cotto the only fight he had in Vegas (correct me if i'm wrong) was with Margarito... The hometown love came in handy in the fight between these two cuz I think it should have been a draw... lol~

Balco crap?

wha happened now?
Share 49ersWebzone