LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by 909er:
Mosley can still fight in Vegas, I'm sure he's just waiting for that BALCO crap (steroids)
issue to settle down... as for Cotto the only fight he had in Vegas (correct me if i'm wrong) was with Margarito... The hometown love came in handy in the fight between these two cuz I think it should have been a draw... lol~

Balco crap?

wha happened now?

Something about him being juiced when he bopped DLH.
I would like to share some sad news. This morning, Vasil "Chuck" Bodak has passed after suffering the effects of a stroke he had in 2007. He is known in many boxing circles as one of the great cutmen in boxing. He also spent time helping young up and coming fighters. He worked with some of the greatest boxers of all time. He was always a kind and caring man willing to share from his many years as a boxing coach. I will always apreciate the times that he had helped me in my training and the advise he gave me. Thanks.
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
I would like to share some sad news. This morning, Vasil "Chuck" Bodak has passed after suffering the effects of a stroke he had in 2007. He is known in many boxing circles as one of the great cutmen in boxing. He also spent time helping young up and coming fighters. He worked with some of the greatest boxers of all time. He was always a kind and caring man willing to share from his many years as a boxing coach. I will always apreciate the times that he had helped me in my training and the advise he gave me. Thanks.

RIP
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Cotto and Pavlik in a landslide. Here is good site if you want to watch...

http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=other
On March 26, at the ARCO arena there will be some good fights. On the undercard there is a fighter by the name of Christopher Martin from Chula Vista. He just recently won the California state championship. He is my sister in law's cousin. He is currently undefeated and always puts up a good scrap. If you are interested in seeing some good boxing for cheap ($20 general admission ), this will be a good card.
when is andre ward finna fight again?
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
when is andre ward finna fight again?

Nothing scheduled yet. They might be trying to get a major name figfhter for him next. The middleweight division is full of talented fighters. The problem is getting them to fight each other. This guy looks to be the real thing.
Marquez Diaz was one hell of a fight.
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Marquez Diaz was one hell of a fight.

Incredible fight! Early on it seemed like Diaz was too fast and too strong for Marquez, but the old guy keep his poise and just kept chopping away at him. One of the better fights I've seen in years.
I have a new favorite fight! I think that with Marquez getting a little bit older, it brings a certain drama to his fights. He get's hit more now but still finds a way to win. What's up with the older fighters not letting the young guys take their place.

[ Edited by Niner_Demon on Feb 28, 2009 at 22:26:51 ]

Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
I have a new favorite fight! I think that with Marquez getting a little bit older, it brings a certain drama to his fights. He get's hit more now but still finds a way to win. What's up with the older fighters not letting the young guys take their place.

Good Fight! Diaz should take notes......
VERY nice fight on Saturday.

I'll be at the Boxing After Dark show on Saturday at HP Pavilion. I gotta see this James Kirkland guy fight.
Kellerman was just ripping Pac a new one. Marquez calling out Mayweather.

If Pac does get past Hatton, and Mayweather doesn't come out of retirement...

Pac Marquez III. I'd pay to see it.

What did Kellerman say?

I always admired him for the love of boxing.

Ever since his ESPN days.

Marquez would get killed he showed his age on saturday and should of lost, anyone who thinks Marquez has a shot vs PAC-Man is dead wrong.
Share 49ersWebzone