LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

***Official Boxing Thread***

Mikey Garcia 128 vs. Juan Manuel Lopez 125.25 Garcia has two hours to make the weight
(126) Terence Crawford 134.5 vs. Alejandro Sanabria 134.5
Vanes Martirosyan 154.75 vs. Ryan Davis 157.5
Mikael Zewski 147.75 vs. Damian Frias 147.5
Matt Korobov 161.25 vs. Ossie Duran 160.5
John Karl Sosa 142.5 vs. Alexis Pena 141.25
Oscar Valdez 127.5 vs. Gil Garcia 128
Kurtis Colvin 158.5 vs. Angel Sigala 159
Juan Antonio Lopez 119.25 vs. Jonathan Hernandez 121.75

Garcia lost the belt on the scales.
Garcia don't care about the belt. He's moving up in weight anyways. No point in losing strength to fight for a title you're eventually going to move up from.
damn Juan Ma is donezo. Dude has no chin nowadays. This guy was supposed to be the next Trinidad. Mikey doesn't know it yet but he's going to have to move up another weight class. Barfing and still not making weight is a bad sign. Good stoppage. He was out on his feet and could've went to sleep like Pac.

I never was big on Maliggiannai. He's only big at his weight class but never really destroyed anybody or beat any big name.
Mikey Garcia confuses me. I don't know if he's so ahead of the game that he's bored. I love his technical skills and it's a little ignorant for me to comment on his personal life he just seems like he'd rather be doing something else lol.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Mikey Garcia confuses me. I don't know if he's so ahead of the game that he's bored. I love his technical skills and it's a little ignorant for me to comment on his personal life he just seems like he'd rather be doing something else lol.

I wouldn't say he's "bored", but I agree that his opponents have been unchallenging. He fought an older Salido (granted a champion) who only seems to dominate PR fighters, and a JuanMa who has been a shot fighter since Salido stole his confidence.

I'm a big fan of Mikey, so before we all talk about him shooting up to lightweight, here's a list of interesting match-ups I'd love to see him fight:

1. Abner Mares: Holy s**tballs, who WOULDN'T want this fight? Two guys @ the top of their game, great fighting styles, and consistent KO power. Better than any of them attempting fights w/ Rigo or Donaire, and could get their biggest paydays.

2. Daniel Ponce De Leon: Style makes fights, and these two would put on a show. Not as exciting as a bout with Mares, but could be a killer co-header with a PPV.

3. Adrien Broner: Also would be a "Mares"-like epic bout. Two of the best technical fighters w/KO power. Will be an issue w/GB and TR bullcrap, but would be really exciting. Also, depends on how Broner and Garcia manage their weight classes.

Now, outside of junior welterweight/welterweight/super welterweight, there really isn't a crop of top-notch fighters that can interweave between weight classes. Featherweight has the best batch of fighters Mikey can fight, if he moves up, he won't have any "real" contenders unless he jumps 10lbs more to junior welterweight. He should stick to Featherweight a few more bouts w/guys above before jumping up weight class.
Lol

your username
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:
Lol

your username

Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

Any live stream? Unfortunately nowhere near that side of Canada

Originally posted by ninerdemonsjotoplasm:

Ontario Califas homes.

Ontario Califas homes.

There's an Ontario in Cali? Wow, um, I feel more useless than Aquaman...

Ontario Califas homes.

There's an Ontario in Cali? Wow, um, I feel more useless than Aquaman...

I forget you are from seacock country. Its a between LA and San Bernardino.
well fight weekend is here
as much as I want Adrian to get punched in the mouth
I'm pretty sure he's going to clown Polly

thoughts....
I don't know if you guys have been following Adrian on Twitter

seems like he been going through a rough time

I doubt it will affect performance maybe will even improve it.
[ Edited by MoistButtCheeks on Jun 19, 2013 at 12:43 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone