There are 382 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***Official Boxing Thread***

Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
rewatching hbo's best of the year on demand.

That Serg vs Chavez was epic.
Serg was destroying Jr. That last round was epic

serg almost messed around and lost that fight.. that last round came out of nowhere
The announce team yelling. Roy was like, ''THERE HE GO, HE HURT!''

Serg was an all around conditioning beast. I'm wondering how his shattered knee is slowing his training for May.

What happened to his knee?
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
rewatching hbo's best of the year on demand.

That Serg vs Chavez was epic.
Serg was destroying Jr. That last round was epic

serg almost messed around and lost that fight.. that last round came out of nowhere
The announce team yelling. Roy was like, ''THERE HE GO, HE HURT!''

Serg was an all around conditioning beast. I'm wondering how his shattered knee is slowing his training for May.

What happened to his knee?

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8400870/middleweight-titlist-sergio-martinez-faces-knee-surgery

tore some minor ligaments during the K.O. or around the time he slipped.
Oh, AND a broken hand
Originally posted by titan:
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Adamek-Cunningham II is on 1 PM PST on NBC!

Should be another FOTY candidate

Thanks dood.

Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by 1SD49R:
Is it just me or was J Marquez looking unusually Yoaked for his age , etc? He has never looked that big or ripped before. Boxing has certainly proven anything goes . All is fair in love and war . Scandalous stuff in this sport man . 39 yrs old! Even if he wasn't juiced , it's amazing how close to the edge they come regarding what they do put in their body. The allure of fame & $$$ . Wow. Too bad for him his glory was at least somewhat robbed by the death of Jenni . Certainly grabbed more headlines here (US).

He came into the fight at 143lbs! Same as before...

Pac is the one that looked big!

^ I don't think he is talking about weight. I think he is talking about size and mass.

Precisely. To a man , nearly everyone I have talked to agrees. Not accusing anyone of anything really because he still did he CAUGHT! Pac has always looked that way, but in relation to what JM has always looked like before he looked by far and away in the best shape of his life. If we simply take a poll starting now , bet the census says JM looked more ripped and bulked up than ever before ( as it relates to any previous fight more so than comparing fighter to each other ) . Point being JM had a strategy to in fact bulk up in hopes landed the BIG ONE , which he did! With all the scandal in sports nowadays , his shear physical appearance begs the question???
http://tvnz.co.nz/othersports-news/big-money-shane-cameron-david-tua-rematch-5307135

Tua strolling back into boxing. Does it matter ? I thought the guy was a beast.
  • titan
  • Veteran
^I'm a gym rat all my life it's not impossible to she'd water and drop body fat % to look more stout and conditioned. I know you are not accusing, but I do understand what you are saying about Marquez. His Muscle Mass was more significant with a lower weight@the age of 39?! With my occupation we can only take natural supplement like protein, creatine, and caffeine nothing w/ephedra doesn't matter what part of the plant its from or any testosterone booster. With his claim that its all natural, I would like to know the Amazing Mexican Cuisine recipe diet that he was on for my own personal use since I'm getting to that age and I'm not recovering as quickly as I use too!
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
http://tvnz.co.nz/othersports-news/big-money-shane-cameron-david-tua-rematch-5307135

Today's Tua is a far cry from the one who brutally KO'ed The Quiet Man

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:

Today's Tua is a far cry from the one who brutally KO'ed The Quiet Man

Yea I know. Just that i'm looking for some kind of excitement in boxing. I just dont see it anymore. Seeing a sloppy Tua get laid out wont help it.
Originally posted by titan:
^I'm a gym rat all my life it's not impossible to she'd water and drop body fat % to look more stout and conditioned. I know you are not accusing, but I do understand what you are saying about Marquez. His Muscle Mass was more significant with a lower weight@the age of 39?! With my occupation we can only take natural supplement like protein, creatine, and caffeine nothing w/ephedra doesn't matter what part of the plant its from or any testosterone booster. With his claim that its all natural, I would like to know the Amazing Mexican Cuisine recipe diet that he was on for my own personal use since I'm getting to that age and I'm not recovering as quickly as I use too!

I have tried to contact Marquez directly about this. I am interested too.
The guy is a pro athlete that runs or ran at 14,000 feet on a regular basis. He was a conditioning freak which is precisely why he never looked ripped before. Just look at marathon runners. A little knowledge and dedication can go a long way in a year. You can't deny Angel's knowledge and you can't deny Marquez's dedication, if there's one person that could put in the work to churn out those results it's Marquez. You can never put anything past anybody though.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
The guy is a pro athlete that runs or ran at 14,000 feet on a regular basis. He was a conditioning freak which is precisely why he never looked ripped before. Just look at marathon runners. A little knowledge and dedication can go a long way in a year. You can't deny Angel's knowledge and you can't deny Marquez's dedication, if there's one person that could put in the work to churn out those results it's Marquez. You can never put anything past anybody though.

This guy never drinks and is never out of the gym either. I am imopressed with his results but i think it was a continuation from his last training camp.
I've seen the Pac Marquez fight over and over. After that overhand right ,Pac looked flustered and would just faint alot and not do much.

He did have Marquez dead to rights in that same round where he got KTFO. Like my man Kellerman said, Marquez went all in on his chips, called Pacs bluff, and landed that shot heard round the boxing world.

They way Marquez threw that second KO right was perfect, yet akward. It was like an overhand, all hip and hamstring, but came down into a straight motion.

Kind of like a Kapernick round motion morphing into a Drew Brees quick throw.

The crowds reaction by Romney was great too. One old lady even went ,''EWW, EWW..'' LOL

Best KO since King Serg vs Williams 2
Austin Trout got arrested for drunk and disorderly conduct
dat depression
WBA welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi will reportedly face Shane Mosley on April 27 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY. Mosley is coming out of retirement for the fight.