There are 57 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***Official Boxing Thread***

marquez and floyd fight looks like its back on for later this year.
Ortiz/Maidana was WILDLY ENTERTAINING. What was it..7 knockdowns in the 6 rounds?!!!
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:
Ortiz/Maidana was WILDLY ENTERTAINING. What was it..7 knockdowns in the 6 rounds?!!!

Anyone know where this fight is showing?
Originally posted by HaiGuise:

Yeah, wtf though.

I guess Ortiz isn't willing to bust up his face ,but he still should be pushed.

That fight was bananas
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Yeah, wtf though.

That fight was bananas

I think Ortiz really got his feelings hurt.

Multiple replays on HBO today and tomorrow. Definitely a DVR-able fight.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

Yeah, wtf though.

That fight was bananas

Saw the fight, and I agree, it was pretty crazy with all the knockdowns going on. Ortiz sounded like he was ready to give it all up during the post fight interview, but dude is young (22 yrs old I think) and could still be something if he can overcome this loss.

Maidana was pretty freakin relentless and popped back up after each time he was floored. I'm pretty impressed with his heart.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

Yeah, wtf though.

That fight was bananas

Saw the fight, and I agree, it was pretty crazy with all the knockdowns going on. Ortiz sounded like he was ready to give it all up during the post fight interview, but dude is young (22 yrs old I think) and could still be something if he can overcome this loss.

Maidana was pretty freakin relentless and popped back up after each time he was floored. I'm pretty impressed with his heart.

He didn't know what to do Creed in Rocky.

You hit a guy with you best shot and he keeps coming back for more?

You're fu*ked.

[ Edited by TonyStarks on Jul 3, 2009 at 09:13:17 ]
could he be the next filipino beast?? my uncle was telling me to watch out for this cat.. nonito donaire jr.

Originally posted by bayarealuv:
could he be the next filipino beast?? my uncle was telling me to watch out for this cat.. nonito donaire jr.

Donaire Jr.'s nice...but I don't think he could successfully follow Manny's footsteps. As he gets older, I don't see him being able to fight past the featherweight division...
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

Not quite PACMAN status, but your uncle is correct! PACMAN is like Rocky+Peoples Champion+Robin Hood+other Bad Ass shiz molded into 1.
To any boxing fan or sports fans who want to watch a great show, I recommend watching this promo for this future HBO special, "Assault in the Ring" (comes out Aug 1st)

For anybody that isn't familiar with this story, here are my cliff notes:
- Billy Collins was a young, undefeated fighter who's fighting a veteran, Luis Resto.
- Resto won a 10rd unanimous decision. Collins's face was absolutely destroyed in the fight
- After the match, Collins dad (his trainer) had discovered Resto's gloves were thin. Resto had no padding in the gloves and he even had plaster over his fists. Of course, when plaster comes into contact with water or sweat, it hardens. So basically, Resto was punching Collins with a bag of rocks. (much like what Margarito did with Cotto)
- Collins eventually was killed in a DUI accident but his dad believed he committed suicide b/c his life/face was never the same after this fight
- Resto and his trainer, Panama Lewis, were actually convicted of assault and Resto spent 2.5 years in jail.

On personal note, I'd like to give a big F*** you to Panama Lewis who's probably the biggest cheat in boxing history. He's the trainer that gave Aaron Pryor some energy drink during his fight with Alexis Arguello (RIP).

Interesting news in the world of boxing.

Pacquiao Cotto has yet to be finalized. The money is there 65-35 Pacquiao. The weight..is sort of there. Arum has said it's finalized at 145. So what the hell is taking so long to sign?

Mayweather's most recent comments:
“If Manny Pacquiao really wanted the fight with me, all he's got to do is say it. We could pay Marquez some step-aside money. Pay him a million dollars, that's nothing. Step aside. Then, my man, me and you can make seven figures. Is you ready? Let me know."

All he has to do is say it...

Are you f**king kidding me? FMM signs the fight with Marquez the day of the Hatton/Pac fight and now he comes out with this bulls**t saying that all he's had to do was say it? All he really had to do was wait one day. One day and the FMM/Pac fight could've been promoted for an October date.

During a conference call today promoting his fight:

"I feel Manny Pacquiao is a good fighter, he does his job to the best of his ability. Many people forget that Manny Pacquiao got beat by Erik Morales. I am still at the top of my game and I have never been beat. He hasn't done anything that I haven't done."

"I don't really have anything bad to say about Pacquaio. He never called me out. Everyone knows it's not hard to find me. Opponents chase me. The biggest fight in boxing is Mayweather vs. anybody."

This dude is selling way too many wolf tickets....

Pac needs to hurry up and sign a fight already. Either go through with fighting Cotto, push him aside for Mosley, or come out and say he's going to fight Mayweather.
Interesting news in the world of boxing.

Pacquiao Cotto has yet to be finalized. The money is there 65-35 Pacquiao. The weight..is sort of there. Arum has said it's finalized at 145. So what the hell is taking so long to sign?

Mayweather's most recent comments:
“If Manny Pacquiao really wanted the fight with me, all he's got to do is say it. We could pay Marquez some step-aside money. Pay him a million dollars, that's nothing. Step aside. Then, my man, me and you can make seven figures. Is you ready? Let me know."

All he has to do is say it...

Are you f**king kidding me? FMM signs the fight with Marquez the day of the Hatton/Pac fight and now he comes out with this bulls**t saying that all he's had to do was say it? All he really had to do was wait one day. One day and the FMM/Pac fight could've been promoted for an October date.

During a conference call today promoting his fight:

"I feel Manny Pacquiao is a good fighter, he does his job to the best of his ability. Many people forget that Manny Pacquiao got beat by Erik Morales. I am still at the top of my game and I have never been beat. He hasn't done anything that I haven't done."

"I don't really have anything bad to say about Pacquaio. He never called me out. Everyone knows it's not hard to find me. Opponents chase me. The biggest fight in boxing is Mayweather vs. anybody."

This dude is selling way too many wolf tickets....

Pac needs to hurry up and sign a fight already. Either go through with fighting Cotto, push him aside for Mosley, or come out and say he's going to fight Mayweather.

Phil have you read the article by Kevin Lole on Yahoo boxing? It looks like this one posted kind of twists the interview.