LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 243 users in the forums

Put Your Money Where Your Mouth is... Alex or Shaun or JT?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Alex for the first 8 games.

Hill for the next 4 before being injured.

J.T. O'Sullivan by week 13.
Originally posted by scorpio_49ers:

My $$ is on Hill, because he doesn't have the tools that Smith does, but finds a way to get the balls in tight spaces and moves the chains, something Alex will not do again this year. He looks impressive when he is doing drills, not in games.

I bet it will be close in preseason. Smith wins it by a hair. Our record by week 5 will be 1-4. Hill will come in on week 5 and lead us to a better record....pretty sure that is whats goign to happen. Also, players will not be happy if Smiths wins it (most likely cause of contract) they want to see the best passer on the field..which they all believe is Hill. You will see some uninspired play with Smith, esp when he starts sucking and throwing errand passes, sacks, fumbles...deer in headlights...lol.....

That is another thing people don't take into consideration. With Smith in the ball game the ENTIRE team will suffer. I saw a huge difference in the teams behavior on the field when Hill was playing. The attitude was upbeat, positive and confident.
The team had confidence in him.

The team (players) don't have confidence in Smith. That is apparent by the lackluster play when he is in the game. 20 something TD's vs. 60 something turnovers doesn't exactly inspire confidente in your teammates. I saw them play better with Hill. EVERYONE played better with Hill in the game and that can't be disputed. He was thhe teams Offensive MVP.
ill take Smith by a nose
  • TheGodfather
  • Info N/A
Alex Smith will win the job, but I don't think he's the answer. I don't think Hill is either for that matter, whoever it is, they aren't on the 49ers roster right now.
  • Binge
  • Info N/A
Alex

I'm glad to have this QB situation.
My $$$ is on Smith... He was making progress and improving before he got injured and when he had an experienced OC in practise and calling plays... If Martz can turn Kitna around, I believe he will do the same with Alex
Originally posted by scorpio_49ers:
Flacco, Colt, or any other rookie QB we SHOULD draft.

My $$ is on Hill, because he doesn't have the tools that Smith does, but finds a way to get the balls in tight spaces and moves the chains, something Alex will not do again this year. He looks impressive when he is doing drills, not in games.

I bet it will be close in preseason. Smith wins it by a hair. Our record by week 5 will be 1-4. Hill will come in on week 5 and lead us to a better record....pretty sure that is whats goign to happen. Also, players will not be happy if Smiths wins it (most likely cause of contract) they want to see the best passer on the field..which they all believe is Hill. You will see some uninspired play with Smith, esp when he starts sucking and throwing errand passes, sacks, fumbles...deer in headlights...lol.....

I also kind of feel that Hill may not start immediately, but eventually. I also agree with the portion of your statement that is now in bold. You could feel it last year. The offense played better with Hill in the lineup because they had more faith in him. Finally, someone else see's the light. Thank you!

Originally posted by fryet:
I think Alex Smith is a solid QB, but I think that Shaun Hill is just better, and the next Tom Brady. Shaun Hill.

That's what I like to hear! Sing the praises of our Savior! Blessed be Shaun Hill!

Hill will smite the evil Alex Smith.

Hill will guide us to the Promised Land!

Hill will make Joe Montana look like Akili Smith!

Sing hallelujah!

Sing hallelujah!

Sing hallelujah!
A. Smith baby....
Alex

I'm gonna wimp out & say I really can't predict.

Because of how the 49ers operate these days, you can never really know if the best player will get playing time or really get a chance to compete for the job. Perhaps Martz will balance this out more for them on offense, but we don't have any history yet of the dynamics between him, Nolan, & Mcloughan.
Alex Smith. easily.
  • greenlion210
  • Info N/A
Sadly...Shaun Hill
Shaun "King of the" Hill
[ Edited by Eduardo75 on Mar 6, 2008 at 11:16 AM ]
  • NickV
  • Veteran
This is Alex's job to lose So he has to screw up big time in training camp and in pre-season. If he show's no improvement and Shuan is still playing good then Shuan gets the job obviously.

This is pretty tuff....

let me think about it I'll come back to you.
Share 49ersWebzone