LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 294 users in the forums

Brian Hoyer

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala reports coach Kyle Shanahan views Brian Hoyer as a "backup-type" quarterback.

Source: Rich Tandler on Twitter
Mar 8 - 3:29 PM

WHEW.

Exactly, my feelings. Cousins trade still very much in play.

adds leverage towards us also lol. we have almost unlimited leverage. Lynch has to be evil and take full advantage of the dysfunctional train that is the redskins

I'd offer them a fourth rounder, a spa gift card, and a bag of hot Cheetos.

Take it or leave it.
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala reports coach Kyle Shanahan views Brian Hoyer as a "backup-type" quarterback.

Source: Rich Tandler on Twitter
Mar 8 - 3:29 PM

WHEW.

Exactly, my feelings. Cousins trade still very much in play.

adds leverage towards us also lol. we have almost unlimited leverage. Lynch has to be evil and take full advantage of the dysfunctional train that is the redskins

I'd offer them a fourth rounder, a spa gift card, and a bag of hot Cheetos.

Take it or leave it.

Originally posted by Jcool:
Plenty of "insiders" have said Cousins will be a Niner this year.

It's still anyone's guess what will happen.

No most said Shanahan wants Cousins but never said it would be this year.

My point is, somebody has to be wrong.....and you can't say for sure you know which side of the argument is correct. Someone just posted a tweet saying that Shanny sees Hoyer as a backup which is consistent with Hoyer's entire career.

That to say, Cousins could still very well be in play here.

That's cool . I'm usually busy with the holidays Nov-Dec. As long as he's ready for Jan-Feb, I'm good
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
2 yrs 12 mil ish (total)

Well, clearly that isn't starter money.

Hold on to your seats folks....
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

My point is, somebody has to be wrong.....and you can't say for sure you know which side of the argument is correct. Someone just posted a tweet saying that Shanny sees Hoyer as a backup which is consistent with Hoyer's entire career.

When a QB has options and wants to start. He usually doesn't take the job where one trade makes it almost impossible for him to start.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
2 of my FAs from my first mock (Garçon and Hoyer) already off to a good start

What does it say that the front office are making moves we would make lol. I don't know, but so far it seems awesome.

LOL. A lot better than the we got from Baalke
Originally posted by Sourball:

That's cool . I'm usually busy with the holidays Nov-Dec. As long as he's ready for Jan-Feb, I'm good

All I need is 5 or 6 wins for a bet I got... Im not expecting much else this year
Originally posted by Sourball:
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
2 of my FAs from my first mock (Garçon and Hoyer) already off to a good start

What does it say that the front office are making moves we would make lol. I don't know, but so far it seems awesome.

LOL. A lot better than the we got from Baalke

This x 10000...........................................................................

When a QB has options and wants to start. He usually doesn't take the job where one trade makes it almost impossible for him to start.

I don't get what you're saying here. The 49ers will make the fifth team Brian Hoyer has played for. Of the previous four teams, three of which he willingly signed with, he wasn't the starter (unless someone got hurt or benched).

• Jcool
  • Veteran
I don't get what you're saying here. The 49ers will make the fifth team Brian Hoyer has played for. Of the previous four teams, three of which he willingly signed with, he wasn't the starter (unless someone got hurt or benched).

that's on you man. Hoyer is NOT the long term answer. He knows that & 49ers know that. But for THIS SEASON he will be given every opportunity to start at QB. If they let him know there was a good chance at trading for Cousins, he would most likely be a Jet right now.

that's on you man. Hoyer is NOT the long term answer. He knows that & 49ers know that. But for THIS SEASON he will be given every opportunity to start at QB. If they let him know there was a good chance at trading for Cousins, he would most likely be a Jet right now.

I don't doubt that he will be given the opportunity to start. However, Hoyer's feelings about the Niners trading for Cousins is irrelevant. Do you really think our FO would pass up an opportunity to land Cousins' to spare Brian Hoyer's (of all people) feelings? You're basically saying that Hoyer wouldn't have come here if didn't have the chance to start even though he's done exactly that several times over the course of his career.

So what exactly are you basing that on?
I still think he is going to be a high paid backup and we should still pursue Cousins..
Someone very close to Kyle Shanahan tells me: No way Brian Hoyer signing precludes move for frontline QB. Kirk Cousins chatter not dead yet.

https://twitter.com/AKinkhabwala?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Bridge QB maybe? Bridge to whom tho?
[ Edited by VDpwndMjenkins on Mar 8, 2017 at 1:11 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone