There are 199 users in the forums

Brian Hoyer

Shop 49ers game tickets
Hoyah!
2 of my FAs from my first mock (Garçon and Hoyer) already off to a good start
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Now that Hoyer is onboard he should be forbidden from wearing #2. I don't want the stench of Glaine Babbert to rub off on him

He should were #7 instead

I think the 49ers should retire #2.........and sprinkle holy water on that jersey in hopes that Blaine Gabbert never comes back. lol
NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala reports coach Kyle Shanahan views Brian Hoyer as a "backup-type" quarterback.

Source: Rich Tandler on Twitter
Mar 8 - 3:29 PM

WHEW.
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

What does it say that the front office are making moves we would make lol. I don't know, but so far it seems awesome.

What does it say that the front office are making moves we would make lol. I don't know, but so far it seems awesome.

agreed
Originally posted by saniner:
2 year deal. Gives a solid option while they search for the franchise guy

Plus he can develop a rookie and be a quality back-up if [when] we sign Cousins
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

49er fans are smart.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala reports coach Kyle Shanahan views Brian Hoyer as a "backup-type" quarterback.

Source: Rich Tandler on Twitter
Mar 8 - 3:29 PM

WHEW.

Exactly, my feelings. Cousins trade still very much in play.

Maybe they read the Zone

AND what a great change in FA from that bum Baalke!

Good signing. Now get the starter.
probably means no cousins this year. could also mean we are in love with a qb this year also.
Pretty much the best option out of bunch of crappy qb's. Not bad. Add in a rookie and another guy for competition.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by thl408:
This could be a move that let's WAS know the 49ers don't need to get Cousins this year since the 49ers now have a vet QB in Hoyer. Thus improving the 49ers leverage because they won't be as desperate as they would be had they there been zero QBs on the 49er roster. I don't think signing Hoyer automatically means Cousins trade talk is off.

If WAS wants a draft pick, then we have all the leverage. They should just take a 2nd rounder for Cousins otherwise they gonna get nothing next year.

Agree

AND the longer they wait the worse it is for them and better for us
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Exactly, my feelings. Cousins trade still very much in play.

I don't see it. 49ers don't need Cousins this year. And you dont want to be promising a chance to start and then make that kind of trade.
Share 49ersWebzone