There are 96 users in the forums

Final roster cuts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by father49er:
I guess Draughn is good to go, or they wouldn't have cut Gaskins.

I hope they don't cut M. Davis but they might have to. Unless Harris' fumbles cost him.

Kelly said he's our #2. Draughn isn't going anywhere. I think Harris is getting cut.
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Kelly said he's our #2. Draughn isn't going anywhere. I think Harris is getting cut.

I wouldn't want Harris cut. With our RBs injury history, imo we should keep Hyde, Draughn, Davis and Harris
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I guess the only surprise is Jerome Simpson. He was getting hype in training camp.

In all honesty, he probably was a top 4 WR on this team, but I understand the decision to cut him. This WR group is poor, and Simpsons' presence on the roster wouldn't do much to improve the situation.

We're better off keeping as many young guys with upside as possible and hope somebody emerges. We knew what we had with Simpson, and it really wasn't all that much. This opens up a spot to keep a guy like Anderson, Burbridge, Cajuste, Treggs...etc.

I like this Sofa...solid reasoning. When in doubt, go younger.
Originally posted by LVJay:
4 more to get to 75... Pears better be one. Who else tho?

My guess is Kelly and Fanaika will be two of them.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Ctrl F "Pears"

No results.

f**k this

Still 4 cuts to go, plus one more preseason game means they may want him to play to let Staley and Brown rest.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I like this Sofa...solid reasoning. When in doubt, go younger.

I agree. Better to go with higher upside, even if it's unlikely anyone pans out, than no upside at all.
Oh Magic 8 Ball. Will Pears eventually be cut?

If we cut Kap, what kind of fallout do you think we would be looking at?
Originally posted by susweel:
Damn no martin, pears or pinion

IF you don't see a cut there and know it will happen, it means that the player is currently being shopped by baalke to other teams before release, and baalke is busily trying his best to sell these guys BEFORE they get cut. Nerve racking, but if it gets us another pick somewhere, sometime, hey good on baalke.

This is exactly what Bellichek did two days ago when he was about to cut his center...he called around first to see if someone wanted him before he became available to all. And he got a bite....Redskins I think....or whoever.
[ Edited by pasodoc9er on Aug 27, 2016 at 3:59 PM ]
Originally posted by NJNiner:

Baalke has too much pride to cut Kap, as he's sunk cost. Plus we'll be one injury away from starting Driskell.
Doubt Kap gets cut. Chance of that is pretty damn low imo.

• Driew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by susweel:
Damn no martin, pears or pinion

Yes let's go without a punter. Go for it every 4th down

Mccarthy went for it on 4th down all game Yesterday

That's because last preseason when the Eagles played the Packers Chip went for it almost every 4th down. He ran up the score that preseason game and the Packer players were pissed off haha.

Not happening...we can get at least a 7th round pick for him instead of cutting.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:

Baalke has too much pride to cut Kap, as he's sunk cost. Plus we'll be one injury away from starting Driskell.
Doubt Kap gets cut. Chance of that is pretty damn low imo.

If they were enticed by a good trade, that would work. I like the idea I saw mentioned somewhere ... Dallas. It is about time we fleeced them again.
Originally posted by father49er:
I guess Draughn is good to go, or they wouldn't have cut Gaskins.

Gaskins is terrible. Hopefully this is the last preseason we see him.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I guess the only surprise is Jerome Simpson. He was getting hype in training camp.

In all honesty, he probably was a top 4 WR on this team, but I understand the decision to cut him. This WR group is poor, and Simpsons' presence on the roster wouldn't do much to improve the situation.

We're better off keeping as many young guys with upside as possible and hope somebody emerges. We knew what we had with Simpson, and it really wasn't all that much. This opens up a spot to keep a guy like Anderson, Burbridge, Cajuste, Treggs...etc.

This. When rebuilding and in doubt...go with the younger player.
Share 49ersWebzone