There are 406 users in the forums

Willis & Bow

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Quitters don't deserve the HOF

all the time just being all the time . that is what we say when sus is given a pass right?
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Willis by far. He's in the discussion for best inside linebacker of all time. Bowman will never be in that category. I don't hold retiring against Willis at all - he played his heart out while he was a 49er and the team would be going nowhere with him anyways. He earned his money and can choose how he wants to spend the rest of his life.

OF ALL TIME????????????????? WOWWWWWWWWWWW.... Allow me to do my list quick and see if Willis can get in..

Below are the best ILB I ever saw (watched).. I will not include the 60s or 70s.. .this is really just 81 on up..

1) Ray Lewis

2) Junior Seau

3) Jack Lambert

4) Mike Singletary

5) Brian Cox

6) Brian Urlacher

7) Hardy Nickerson

8) Derrick Brooks

9) Harry Carlson

10) DID I MISS ANYONE THAT YOU ALL MAY THINK OF?

- Where would you guys INSERT Patrick Willis here??

lol you're 14. you didn't see most of those LBs.
OF ALL TIME????????????????? WOWWWWWWWWWWW.... Allow me to do my list quick and see if Willis can get in..

Below are the best ILB I ever saw (watched).. I will not include the 60s or 70s.. .this is really just 81 on up..

1) Ray Lewis

2) Junior Seau

3) Jack Lambert

4) Mike Singletary

5) Brian Cox

6) Brian Urlacher

7) Hardy Nickerson

8) Derrick Brooks

9) Harry Carlson

If we're talking about best in their prime, then top 4 with Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher, and Derrick Brooks. Otherwise, probably in the 5-10 range. I'd swap Junior Seau with Brooks because Brooks was much better in coverage. Keuchly is going to find himself high on that list when all is said and done.

Including longevity (and adjusting a little for era because players today are far more talented):
1. Ray Lewis
2. Derrick Brooks
3. Jack Lambert
4. Dick Butkus
5. Mike Singletary
6. Ray Nitschke
7. Brian Urlacher
8. Patrick Willis
9. Junior Seau
10. Joe Schmidt
Originally posted by Antix:
D0nt usually like 9moon posts, but i think this is actually a cool question.

Id say Willis. Longer career. Played great w/out Bowman whereas Bowman only had maybe 1-2 great years w/out Willis (injuries suck)

Im biased. Willis might be my all time favorie Niner. From thw moment we drafted him I knew hed be great.

Willis IS my all time favorite Niner. Straight up. He carried this team on his back. I'm glad he found something else to succeed in. Epitome of role model and hero.
[ Edited by jedediahyork on May 27, 2016 at 6:14 PM ]
Originally posted by TheHYDE49er:
lol you're 14. you didn't see most of those LBs.

• KID9R
  • Veteran
Willis by far. He's in the discussion for best inside linebacker of all time. Bowman will never be in that category. I don't hold retiring against Willis at all - he played his heart out while he was a 49er and the team would be going nowhere with him anyways. He earned his money and can choose how he wants to spend the rest of his life.

1) Ray Lewis

2) Junior Seau

3) Jack Lambert

4) Mike Singletary

5) Brian Cox

6) Brian Urlacher

7) Hardy Nickerson

8) Derrick Brooks

9) Harry Carlson

LOL Seau and Brooks were OLB's not ILB's. And the fact that Brian Cox is anywhere near this list is laughable. And Nickerson wasn't that good.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Bofe uv em
I don't have Willis Megatron or Lynch as HOFers. They're all from 2007 draft and played 8 or 9 years. In years past that would make if difficult to get in. With guys leaving the game earlier these days maybe they dial back on the criteria to make it. Guys get called beasts and future HOFers way to early and way to easy these days for my liking.
Bowman is my favorite current player and Willis was good but I doubt Willis will ever make the HOF and Bowman better play lights out the rest of his career if he is ever to sniff those accolades.
[ Edited by insanemike27 on May 27, 2016 at 7:18 PM ]
Dick butkus = greatest defensive player of super bowl era. Too violent too dangerous to believe.

Lot of names missing.

Lanier jordan huff nobis curtis millen.

Wills is between 3-7.

(

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Dick butkus = greatest defensive player of super bowl era. Too violent too dangerous to believe.

I'd go with L.T. With Reggie White as a close 2nd.

1) Ray Lewis

2) Junior Seau

3) Jack Lambert

4) Mike Singletary

5) Brian Cox

6) Brian Urlacher

7) Hardy Nickerson

8) Derrick Brooks

9) Harry Carlson

Google failed you
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
I don't have Willis Megatron or Lynch as HOFers. They're all from 2007 draft and played 8 or 9 years. In years past that would make if difficult to get in. With guys leaving the game earlier these days maybe they dial back on the criteria to make it. Guys get called beasts and future HOFers way to early and way to easy these days for my liking.

Lynch and Willis may not make it although I'd love to see Willis get in. But Calvin Johnson is a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame. Calvin should get in for the same reason Barry Sanders got in - they didn't have long careers, but they had memorable ones and were arguably the most talented players to ever play their position. They also had the misfortune of being drafted by bad teams and playing for bad teams their entire career or their stats could have been even better and they could have had postseason success.

In Megatron's case, you could see early on that he was one of the most talented players of all time - no one has had his combination of size and athleticism in the history of the game. Randy Moss was close, but Megatron had about 30 pounds on him and was a more effective blocker. If you replace Jerry Rice with Calvin Johnson in the 80's and 90's, the team is better, not worse. Unfortunately, Calvin never got to play with one hall of fame QB let alone 2. He played through injuries, was professional off the field, and was dominant on the field. His impact goes beyond receiving statistics too because he commanded double and triple teams throughout his career. Randy Moss was the only other WR who commanded that much attention from defenses.
Patrick Willis will get in on his first try. The guy is arguably the best middle linebacker of the modern era.
Share 49ersWebzone