There are 371 users in the forums
Willis & Bow
May 27, 2016 at 1:56 PM
- TheDougernaut
- Veteran
- Posts: 332
por que no los dos?
May 27, 2016 at 2:00 PM
- 49AllTheTime
- Veteran
- Posts: 72,972
Quitters don't deserve the HOF
May 27, 2016 at 2:02 PM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,143
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Quitters don't deserve the HOF
May 27, 2016 at 2:02 PM
- TheDougernaut
- Veteran
- Posts: 332
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Quitters don't deserve the HOF
you're joking...right?
May 27, 2016 at 2:31 PM
- 49er-from-Yavin-IV
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,840
Do they even have the respective resumes which would qualify them to get in the HOF?
As much as I love them as the great 49ers they were and are I don't think they yet have the qualifications to get in period, let alone on the first ballot.
I would love to be wrong about that. Navarro Bowman has the best chance as he's still active and the book on his career is still being written.
As much as I love them as the great 49ers they were and are I don't think they yet have the qualifications to get in period, let alone on the first ballot.
I would love to be wrong about that. Navarro Bowman has the best chance as he's still active and the book on his career is still being written.
May 27, 2016 at 3:00 PM
- cwilson830
- Staff
- Posts: 5,501
Originally posted by 9moon:
Inquiring mind wants to know..
Patrick Willis retired last year, if Bowman retires after another solid season, which of the two do you guys think deserves to go in the HOF first time around??
If Bowman retires after this year, he wouldn't get into the HOF.
May 27, 2016 at 3:10 PM
- lazy
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,687
I would love to see both of them get in.
May 27, 2016 at 3:12 PM
- pdizo916
- Member
- Posts: 38,241
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:Quitters don't deserve the HOF
And people think I'm a troll....
May 27, 2016 at 3:15 PM
- 49AllTheTime
- Veteran
- Posts: 72,972
Originally posted by pdizo916:you are, but Quitters still dont deserve anything
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Quitters don't deserve the HOF
And people think I'm a troll....
May 27, 2016 at 3:19 PM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,143
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by pdizo916:you are, but Quitters still dont deserve anything
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Quitters don't deserve the HOF
And people think I'm a troll....
Aren't all retired players quitters ?
May 27, 2016 at 4:01 PM
- Antix
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,941
D0nt usually like 9moon posts, but i think this is actually a cool question.
Id say Willis. Longer career. Played great w/out Bowman whereas Bowman only had maybe 1-2 great years w/out Willis (injuries suck)
Im biased. Willis might be my all time favorie Niner. From thw moment we drafted him I knew hed be great.
Id say Willis. Longer career. Played great w/out Bowman whereas Bowman only had maybe 1-2 great years w/out Willis (injuries suck)
Im biased. Willis might be my all time favorie Niner. From thw moment we drafted him I knew hed be great.
May 27, 2016 at 4:44 PM
- eastcoast49ersfan
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,112
Willis by far. He's in the discussion for best inside linebacker of all time. Bowman will never be in that category. I don't hold retiring against Willis at all - he played his heart out while he was a 49er and the team would be going nowhere with him anyways. He earned his money and can choose how he wants to spend the rest of his life.
May 27, 2016 at 4:48 PM
- 9moon
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,293
I never intend to annoy anyone with any of my posts, but it just so happen that I post what I really see..
and as COOL as this thread is, you sure are NOT going to like what my personal opinion is going to be between the two..
no TRUE 49er fan would not wanna see these guys get into the HOF.. but bottom line is, they stand on that "boarderline" when talking about HOF..
even with the great stats that both have (had), I just personally think that it's just NOT enough..
and as COOL as this thread is, you sure are NOT going to like what my personal opinion is going to be between the two..
no TRUE 49er fan would not wanna see these guys get into the HOF.. but bottom line is, they stand on that "boarderline" when talking about HOF..
even with the great stats that both have (had), I just personally think that it's just NOT enough..
May 27, 2016 at 5:02 PM
- 9moon
- Veteran
- Posts: 22,293
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Willis by far. He's in the discussion for best inside linebacker of all time. Bowman will never be in that category. I don't hold retiring against Willis at all - he played his heart out while he was a 49er and the team would be going nowhere with him anyways. He earned his money and can choose how he wants to spend the rest of his life.
OF ALL TIME????????????????? WOWWWWWWWWWWW.... Allow me to do my list quick and see if Willis can get in..
Below are the best ILB I ever saw (watched).. I will not include the 60s or 70s.. .this is really just 81 on up..
1) Ray Lewis
2) Junior Seau
3) Jack Lambert
4) Mike Singletary
5) Brian Cox
6) Brian Urlacher
7) Hardy Nickerson
8) Derrick Brooks
9) Harry Carlson
10) DID I MISS ANYONE THAT YOU ALL MAY THINK OF?
- Where would you guys INSERT Patrick Willis here??