LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Does Jarryd Hayne make the team?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does Jarryd Hayne make the team?

The Hayne Plane has shown promise, but has he done enough to earn a spot on the 53 man team?

He is a great story, and the fact that the 49ers are even considering him for their 53 is a great accomplishment. But is the hype train out of control? If he were just a rookie from a mid-major school, would he make the team?

I think that despite his strong performance in the preseason, he does not make the cut. He's shown promise, but he doesn't offer the value of other fringe players. Hayne doesn't have the football IQ yet to maximize his talents.

Sorry Aussies, but the Hayne Plane's takeoff may be delayed.
If we cut him, we will be playing against him in our division.
Yes. Starting PR/KR
2 great plays in a row from Hayne since you started this thread,thank you sir
Soon as I post this poll, Hayne makes a 20 yard run and makes me rethink my stance, again.

And as I post this he just TRUCKS someone.

Screw it, I love this kid!!!!

Sign me up!
Yes he made.... He is more valuable then Hunter at this point. He has a multitude of stuff that he can do that Hunter cannot.
Originally posted by BarrySandwich:
2 great plays in a row from Hayne since you started this thread,thank you sir

I've never seen anything like this before.....dude has been playing football 6 months now? Starts playing the game at the pro level? I just don't know what to think.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
If we cut him, we will be playing against him in our division.

Unfortunately.

He has done more than enough to make the team. If he doesn't make it, we're making a mistake.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
bring on the Hayne era.
They would be dumb to cut him. besides the great special teams play he is very valuable to the 49er brand.

Jumps off the screen, every game...undeniable
Hayne is Tomsula's "no NFL experience" project, and makes the team in his first year. Tank Carradine was Harb's "no NFL experience" project and gets cut after a few years. Just sayin'...
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan

Has he got a chance? HELL YES, HE HAS A CHANCE!!!
Originally posted by jbeale49:
Jumps off the screen, every game...undeniable

Really, this is true

There has only been 1 or 2 plays where he hasn't made yardage. I know its preseason but his skills clearly translate
Share 49ersWebzone