There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 - Week 2: Thoughts after watching the game...

i like how aldon smith came back and threw the seahawk rb for a 3 yard loss after drawing the questionable penalty for poking the seahawk olineman in the shoulder
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Omg the season is over

Saw that one coming...
we need to get the best record possible, cause i don't want to go seattle for the playoffs, we need to get homefield and make em come here.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
we need to get the best record possible, cause i don't want to go seattle for the playoffs, we need to get homefield and make em come here.

Well...I'd prefer to play at the 'stick in the playoffs just because it could be the last game ever at the stick....

...but I have to admit there is a part of me that wants to go back to Seattle and "slay the dragon".
There are no excuses here. The Seahawks were just flat-out better on both sides of the ball. Their defensive front dominated the Niner o-line. Their secondary smothered the passing game. Their o-line opened holes for Lynch and their coaching was far superior - that scat protection thing where Lynch just runs out in the flat instead of blocking the blitz is a perfect example.

But, I really didn't like the offensive game plan. I thought that the movement and bunch formations they did against the Packers would free up some receivers but they hardly did it at all. And, the Seahawks love to have two wideouts they can lock up on to and mug. The Niners gave them that formation all night long.

No need to panic. The season has just begun. But, you have to say that the Seahawks are the better team right now.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Well...I'd prefer to play at the 'stick in the playoffs just because it could be the last game ever at the stick....

...but I have to admit there is a part of me that wants to go back to Seattle and "slay the dragon".

It would be the height of irony if the Niners had to go back to Seattle for a playoff game and actually found a way to knock them off up there. It could happen.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Omg the season is over

Saw that one coming...

It really is dude. This season only consists of two games. I wasn't aware of this change but ninertalk is!

:p
Next time we need to spread them out more. And honestly Kyle WIlliams should of had a TD. The SEA DB's have had trouble with Atlanta, two big stud WR's who are also fast gave them problems. We need a true elite WR to match up with these DB's for the near future in our division. Hoepfully Lattimore can become a star RB, but we still need focus on getting a great WR.

Also some different route designs are something that could have helped maybe. Some quick curls, stop and go. More Vance Mcdonald etc. I expect adjustments will be made for next time at Candlestick.
The 49ers record is exactly what I thought it would be. I hoped they would beat the Seawhores. I'm not surprised they didn't.

The Seawhores define their season by beating the Niners. Well, they beat us and the beat us up. They look stronger, faster, better and hungrier. They simply WANTED the game before and the Niners played awful. Offense couldn't make plays, defense couldn't get stops, coaches couldn't adjust. It was a team loss in every sense of the word.

But it still only counts as one loss. Learn, heal, plan, block, tackle, execute. It ain't complicated.

The 49ers should get mad over being embarrassed twice now on national TV by these creeps.

So let Ricky Sherman and Pete the Cheat Carroll have their fun. They won. That gives them the right to talk smack.

Circle December 8 when the Seawhores come for their last visit to the Stick.

Then unleash hell. Revenge is a dish best served piping hot.
Originally posted by hofer36:
i like how aldon smith came back and threw the seahawk rb for a 3 yard loss after drawing the questionable penalty for poking the seahawk olineman in the shoulder

I have to admit, I love the way Smith is playing this year. He's truly becoming an all around OLB. Next thing you know, he'll be picking off passes in coverage on a running back.
"The problem wasn't the plan...it was the execution. Seattle was GLUED to receivers all night and the O-Line just couldn't get a push."

Marvin, its easy to glue our receivers when the personnel we have there is a full back as one of our receivers... running routes..getting the ball thrown to him, with of course him dropping it.

it might not have been the "plan", but it was the "personnel" the coaches choose to use. I mean they also had Osgood out there running routes, what threat does he pose?

we continue to run Gore out of the pistol formation...again personnel we use. I've said it before, but we should always have Hunter or James back there for the pistol. Hunter can pass block for alittle guy. And we need to run regular WCO formations for Gore.

its the coaches man....Seattle has adjusted to us, where as we still seem stubborn to make adjustments.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by susweel:
btw I hate this f**king douche.

he was just another coach, an afterthought when we was with us back in the day. who would think we would hate him so much and his roots actually started with us. we created this monster

he looks so stupid there
My thoughts after watching the game:

[ Edited by reasonable1 on Sep 16, 2013 at 11:55 AM ]
Originally posted by Afrikan:
"The problem wasn't the plan...it was the execution. Seattle was GLUED to receivers all night and the O-Line just couldn't get a push."

Marvin, its easy to glue our receivers when the personnel we have there is a full back as one of our receivers... running routes..getting the ball thrown to him, with of course him dropping it.

it might not have been the "plan", but it was the "personnel" the coaches choose to use. I mean they also had Osgood out there running routes, what threat does he pose?

we continue to run Gore out of the pistol formation...again personnel we use. I've said it before, but we should always have Hunter or James back there for the pistol. Hunter can pass block for alittle guy. And we need to run regular WCO formations for Gore.

its the coaches man....Seattle has adjusted to us, where as we still seem stubborn to make adjustments.

There could be some merit to that....but what personnel SHOULD we have used? That's who we are. Thats how the team was built. It works pretty damn well against every OTHER team in the NFL.

Are you suggesting they go into the noisiest stadium in the NFL against one of the best defenses in the NFL and try to be something they aren't? Go 5 wide on every down?

You are telling me the gameplan was horrible. Give me a better one then.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Sep 16, 2013 at 11:23 AM ]
Here are some of my thoughts...

Defensive Line: The defense as a whole played relatively well. However, the run defense isn't the same run defense we've had the last couple years. I think we are missing Isaac Sopoaga in that department. I know there was talk that Ian Williams may have even been an upgrade, but I don't buy it from what I've seen. Sopoaga was a plug in the middle and very hard to move. Ian Williams and Glenn Dorsey aren't as stout and I have seen time and time again that guards get to our linebackers and there is quite a bit of running room up the middle. The edge contain on run defense is still very good with Brooks, Aldon, Mcdonald, and Justin still playing very well, but we're vulnerable up the middle.

Inside Linebackers: That being said, Patrick Willis and Navorro Bowman haven't been their usual selves. They seem to be diagnosing plays a lot slower and having to think rather than just going and making plays like we are so accustomed to seeing. I think part of this problem is the nose tackle. I have faith in Willis and Bowman to bounce back and be the studs that they are, but I don't think they played very well this particular game.

Gameplan: I disagree with you on the game plan. I don't think it was a very good game plan at all. We keep running this stupid pistol and read option s**t with Frank Gore. Frank gore should have most of his runs from the i form and let the man run north and south. Also, I hate hate hate when Bruce Miller motions out wide. What the f**k do we have a fullback lining up at wide receiver for? What we should have done was use more wide receiver sets and use motions or bunch formations to get guys a free release off the line of scrimmage. We should have matched Vernon up more out wide against Kam Chancellor. He had Dick Sherman beat by a few steps, if Kap just throws a good ball that's a great long completion.

Other thoughts: Kap played poorly, but a lot of that had to do with all of our wide receivers getting mugged all the way down the field. Can't get separation when your being held like that. Baffles me how it never gets called. It's so unfair and completely cheating. Meanwhile, Nnamdi gets called for PI on a very questionable play and Bruce Miller gets called for holding to give them a free two points. Call holding and pi both ways, geez. Of course we played awful, but come on now its ridiculous the refs don't call flags on that cheating ass secondary.