LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 252 users in the forums

Mangini's Mess

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by susweel:
word on the street that Trent and Jim are having a power struggle and Trent brought in Mangini to take over when Jim leaves.

hey dont shoot the messenger just something I heard from my sources deep within the organization.

well this confirms my first thought when mangini was hired,, I said at the time,, we just hired the replacement for JH

I read that in Tommy Lee Jones' voice
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
word on the street that Trent and Jim are having a power struggle and Trent brought in Mangini to take over when Jim leaves.

hey dont shoot the messenger just something I heard from my sources deep within the organization.

well this confirms my first thought when mangini was hired,, I said at the time,, we just hired the replacement for JH

This couldn't be further from the truth... Baalkee and Harbaugh are friends as well as colleagues and work out and play racket ball together regularly, so where's the power struggle? Who spots, who hits the racket ball first? You guys are funny and WRONG!
Word on the street...what does that mean...a source deep within the organization...pa-leez, people, make this insanity stop!! There are potentially many reasons they hired Mangini, replacing Harbaugh is the least likely of them. Replacing either Fangio or Roman makes a lot more sense. Fangio has been coaching a long time...he may retire at some point. Roman's arguably a fairly hot coordinator who could be in line for a HC job soon. Mangini's a smart guy...I'm sure he learned a lot from his HC stint. He's a guy who probably got promoted a few years before he was emotionally ready for it. Be that as it may, I'm happy he's on our staff. Tonight's first preseason game came just in time to stop this off-season insanity...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I understand what you're saying, and I am not disagreeing with the logic, but this goes WAY beyond "motivational skills".

It's like if Charles Manson was a football genius, and we consulted with him to help our team. NO THANKS. I don't want a person of that CALIBER around the building at all.
i bet even at his age, when he gets ramped up, he could give a helluva pre game pep talk to the team about us vs them
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

My aunts friends husband works for the 49ers, and she told me this as well. F**king great.

I know man, my friend's mom's cousin's cousin's nephew's daughter's duck was at practice today and said she heard the same.

Your story checks out

LMAO
This thread is so pointless, I
NO THANKS. Can't be true. Haven't the 49ers suffered enough with wanna-be head coaches? Erickson, Nolan, Singletary, the awful years. I admit it, I drank the Kool-Aid and bought into Nolan (then again, after Erickson, anyone would have sounded good), and then bought into Singletary. Please, no Mangini as a head coach. Finally built a team where players actually WANT to be here. They could be the patriots of the 90's, and come away with a few more SB rings.
Originally posted by Empire49:

My aunts friends husband works for the 49ers, and she told me this as well. F**king great.

I know man, my friend's mom's cousin's cousin's nephew's daughter's duck was at practice today and said she heard the same.

Your story checks out

LMAO

F***ing GOLD!
Originally posted by Kronos2560:
Originally posted by Empire49:

Your story checks out

LMAO

F***ing GOLD!

they should chase around a rabbit so they can get used to russell wilsons little ass running for his life and making them look stupid this year.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
I understand what you're saying, and I am not disagreeing with the logic, but this goes WAY beyond "motivational skills".

It's like if Charles Manson was a football genius, and we consulted with him to help our team. NO THANKS. I don't want a person of that CALIBER around the building at all.
i bet even at his age, when he gets ramped up, he could give a helluva pre game pep talk to the team about us vs them

True story, my mom dated him before he went to LA and did all that crazy stuff...the running joke in my family is I am "Charlie's boy"

After reading that I'm both sympathetic to Jackson's point AND think he's kind of a b***h.
If there's a power struggle, Harbaugh needs to be kept and Baalke shown the door. Baalke seems to be a very good GM and evaluator of talent (Jenkins notwithstanding) but it's Harbaugh who's made the team come together and perform.

That said, not sure I believe Mangini is an heir apparent to Harbaugh. Great Xs and Os mind, and hopefully he learns how to be a HC from Harbaugh. What did Mangini in was his schooling under Belichick and taking that to another level on a young, bad team in Cleveland. It's always a fine line between being disciplined and being an unbearable taskmaster.
I'm not so sure our 2/3 offense looked very prepared against the Bronco crowd the line game plan.

The QB s*cked because there was no pocket to look good in.

Even 1st string -- I was a little surprised at Davis whiffing on Miller.

The rollouts were nice when kap was in.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Many tackles whiff on Von Miller.
Originally posted by buck:
Many tackles whiff on Von Miller.

True. Do you think we looked disorganized? Result of sub par performance, planning, or is that just how it goes preseason?
Share 49ersWebzone