There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

OTA News

Has OTAs started yet and what has been heard about any progress?
I think they started today. Any news?
Kap was out running sprints at 7:30 by himself.
Where was AJ?
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Where was AJ?

Not running the hill with Rice
Anyone know if it was open to the media or not?
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Where was AJ?

gaining 4 pounds of muscle. lol

He's bulked up to 196 pounds, four pounds more than last season's listed weight. "If I get to 200 (pounds), I'll be good to go," Jenkins said while looking at his larger biceps and wearing a sleeveless shirt.
Originally posted by KegBert:
Anyone know if it was open to the media or not?

Probably not. JH likes to keep that stuff away.
How did #11 look?
Originally posted by susweel:

He's bulked up to 196 pounds, four pounds more than last season's listed weight. "If I get to 200 (pounds), I'll be good to go," Jenkins said while looking at his larger biceps and wearing a sleeveless shirt.

"Bulked up"? It took him a year to only add 4 lbs? I hope this guy takes all this very seriously or he'll find himself unemployed.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:

"Bulked up"? It took him a year to only add 4 lbs? I hope this guy takes all this very seriously or he'll find himself unemployed.

Four pounds of muscle is quite a lot, not just weight, he is not a DL or OL. Needs to keep his speed, so keeping the body fat low but gaininn muscle mass is not easy. Try it and see. Look at how many years it took Justin smith to go from 276 to 300.
My understanding is that the press is going to be allowed to watch the OTAs on Wednesday, but wanted to see if you guys had heard anything about the OTAs from anyone else. Thanks guys I appreciate the input.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:

Four pounds of muscle is quite a lot, not just weight, he is not a DL or OL. Needs to keep his speed, so keeping the body fat low but gaininn muscle mass is not easy. Try it and see. Look at how many years it took Justin smith to go from 276 to 300.

Very true.
Who cares if he has bulked up or not. Randy Moss (skinny), Crabtree (no definition), DeSean Jackson (small), are examples of not needing to be ripped in order to play well. It can help to a small degree but it's not crucial to his success. What he needs is the drive to be the best in the league and the work ethic it takes to do all the little things like coming early to practice and leaving late.
Only news I want to hear out of OTAs is nothing. Positive performances from OTAs means almost nothing, imo, and anything else is injuries or other stuff with bad implications.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home