LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 131 users in the forums

This practice squad is going to be incredible! (does this post make me a niner addict?)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The crapiest thing about it is that we will lose some of these guys to other teams
Originally posted by Thechad49:
I think lockette and marquardt have good shots at making the 53 man roster this year.. Marquardt really reminds me of a young Alex Boone

I agree. Marquardt may be groomed for a future guard prospect. If he knows what's good for him, he'll try to learn as many positions on the line as possible. Versatility. The more you can do, the harder it is to get cut.
I really hope Darryl Morris and Okoye makes the 53, I believe both have big time potential and would be snatched up this year if put on the PS.
When players are cut, and are eligible for the PS, they apparently have to clear waivers. Do they have any vote as to whether they want to sign on with another team or do they have to go to any other team that asks for them?
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
When players are cut, and are eligible for the PS, they apparently have to clear waivers. Do they have any vote as to whether they want to sign on with another team or do they have to go to any other team that asks for them?

I don't think they have a say, but I believe they have to be on that team's 53 man roster for at least 3 weeks.

I could be wrong, though.
Yeah, you're a 9er addict. Welcome to the fix
Originally posted by NowImLost:

I don't think they have a say, but I believe they have to be on that team's 53 man roster for at least 3 weeks.

I could be wrong, though.

I do believe that they can decline the waiver.

If you claim a player off waivers you're putting him on your 53 man roster... thats why Okoye is a safe bet for the PS no team would consider him for a roster spot just yet, he's got at least a year most likely two before we even need to think about protecting him from other teams.

If a P-Squad player wants to stick on the squad, like Lockette did, he can turn down any offer from any team. All players must pass waivers to make the P-Squad.

Also if the player is claimed, he goes to the team with the worst record from the year ago that claims him. So If we claim someone, but Seattle claims him too, Seattle gets him due to record.
[ Edited by AB83Rules on May 2, 2013 at 10:35 PM ]
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

If a P-Squad player wants to stick on the squad, like Lockette did, he can turn down any offer from any team. All players must pass waivers to make the P-Squad.

Also if the player is claimed, he goes to the team with the worst record from the year ago that claims him. So If we claim someone, but Seattle claims him too, Seattle gets him due to record.

Can we send UDFA to the practice squad without them being exposed to waivers?

Originally posted by 5280High:
If you claim a player off waivers you're putting him on your 53 man roster... thats why Okoye is a safe bet for the PS no team would consider him for a roster spot just yet, he's got at least a year most likely two before we even need to think about protecting him from other teams.

I really hope your right because if history repeats itself he'll master football in two years
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

Can we send UDFA to the practice squad without them being exposed to waivers?

No, all players need to pass waivers, so Okoye, Marquardt, etc... are subject to waivers.
No, all players need to pass waivers, so Okoye, Marquardt, etc... are subject to waivers.

I already put Okoye in my official 53 projection, but I'll say it again right here. No way they expose him to waivers.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

I already put Okoye in my official 53 projection, but I'll say it again right here. No way they expose him to waivers.

Also, I still have a strong suspicion the 49ers are higher on Marquardt than Bykowski. Most Zoners are putting Bykowski ahead in their 53, but I think they drafted him because they knew they had Marquardt locked in as a UDFA.
To answer your question OP, I think it's safe to say that were all Niner addicts
Share 49ersWebzone