There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

June 1st Cuts

With the draft out of the way, the next phase in addressing changes on our roster is June 1st cuts. This phase of the off-season may help us in increasing our salary cap. Names circulating around are Carlos Rogers and Parys Haralson.

What do you expect is going to happen around that date?
Any potential surprises on top of what is circulating?

Another issue lingering around is Charles Woodson as he wants to play for us. First, the drafted may have to be addressed.

SOURCE LINK
http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/2/7/3964820/49ers-salary-cap-casualties-carlos-rogers-cut-candidate
[ Edited by robniner on Apr 28, 2013 at 8:10 PM ]
  • jtr2
  • Veteran
I could see him or Goodwin being a causality for sure. And I would rather see the respected back ups step up anyways.
I thought cutting Carlos wouldn't help us much this year cap wise anyway. If anything it would be for the roster spot. That doesn't make him a cap casualty. Goodwin is a different story on the other hand. Haralson already took a paycut so he isn't going anywhere unless he is the 6th best OLB on the team.
It would have to be Goodwin or Whitner being cut
I could see Dixon being cut or Fleming (Even thought I think he could be giving a shot at ILB)C.Rogers maybe see if u can trade him even if it's just a 7th round pick...h hopefully we cut Dahl N that ex Seahawk trash TE...
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Apr 28, 2013 at 8:53 PM ]
  • jtr2
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I thought cutting Carlos wouldn't help us much this year cap wise anyway. If anything it would be for the roster spot. That doesn't make him a cap casualty. Goodwin is a different story on the other hand. Haralson already took a paycut so he isn't going anywhere unless he is the 6th best OLB on the team.

Your right about the cap part. I think he is going to be a casualty anyways just because of production and younger guys.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I could see Dixon being cut or Fleming (Even thought I think he could be giving a shot at ILB)C.Rogers maybe see if u can trade him even if it's just a 7th round pick...h hopefully we cut Dahl N that ex Seahawk trash TE...

They probably are gonna cut him since all the niners wanted was the seahawks playbook xD! Now they're gonna run plays from it using BJ as Rusell...
[ Edited by NikeSBHead on Apr 28, 2013 at 9:53 PM ]
Rogers is not going anywhere, unless he has just forgotten how to play in the off season. There is literally no cap relief if he is let go this year. And why pay him to leave when he is still servicable? If they had taken another safety, I could see Whitner being cut. Taking a big chance in rotating out both of your starting safties from last year though, plus ... they did not take another one in the draft. Maybe Trent Robinson steps up? This training camp will be interesting. Not sure I like messing with the o-line continuity. I think you just work around Goodwin's contract and leave the big uglies alone.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
maybe bowman, but willis for sure...
Rob you should really read up on AB83's cap thread.

We have enough cap space to sign our rookies. No need for drastic June first releases. Especially if Justin Smith or Anquan Boldin sign an extension which would lower their cap hits this season.
silly rabbits those guys ain't getting cut
Nobody gets cut at June 1st. Manningham and Haralson were the only guys at risk, and they both agreed to significant pay cuts to remain on the team. Rogers, Goodwin, and Whitner are not at risk. There is no reason for them to be. Willis restructured his deal, which opened up enough cap space to sign the rookie class. We're set going forward as far as the cap is concerned.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
come to think of it, Kaep better watch his back, too, come june 1st
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Affirmative, sir.
June 1st cuts haven't been relevant since the last CBA when they made it so teams could designate a player as a post-June 1st cut whenever they wanted.