LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 217 users in the forums

June 1st Cuts

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SFrush:
Rob you should really read up on AB83's cap thread.

We have enough cap space to sign our rookies. No need for drastic June first releases. Especially if Justin Smith or Anquan Boldin sign an extension which would lower their cap hits this season.

Great read!!! However, if the Charles Woodson deal is still an issue there will have to be a bit more restructuring or someone will have to go.
Rogers and Harylson are not going anywhere. Harylson restructured to stay on the team so unless he does not perform better than the LBs that were hurt last year or the rookies this year I see him still being on the roster. I dont know who would restucture for Woodson but Harylson or Rogers wont be cut to make room for him for sure.
Originally posted by robniner:
With the draft out of the way, the next phase in addressing changes on our roster is June 1st cuts. This phase of the off-season may help us in increasing our salary cap. Names circulating around are Carlos Rogers and Parys Haralson.

What do you expect is going to happen around that date?
Any potential surprises on top of what is circulating?

Another issue lingering around is Charles Woodson as he wants to play for us. First, the drafted may have to be addressed.

SOURCE LINK
http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/2/7/3964820/49ers-salary-cap-casualties-carlos-rogers-cut-candidate

That's an Article from Feb 7th.??

We have enough cap space to sign our rookies. No need for drastic June first releases. Especially if Justin Smith or Anquan Boldin sign an extension which would lower their cap hits this season.

Great read!!! However, if the Charles Woodson deal is still an issue there will have to be a bit more restructuring or someone will have to go.

Woodson deal isn't an issue because there will be no Woodson deal.
Originally posted by LVJay:
maybe bowman, but willis for sure...

Originally posted by DaFaro49ers:
With the draft out of the way, the next phase in addressing changes on our roster is June 1st cuts. This phase of the off-season may help us in increasing our salary cap. Names circulating around are Carlos Rogers and Parys Haralson.

What do you expect is going to happen around that date?
Any potential surprises on top of what is circulating?

Another issue lingering around is Charles Woodson as he wants to play for us. First, the drafted may have to be addressed.

SOURCE LINK
http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/2/7/3964820/49ers-salary-cap-casualties-carlos-rogers-cut-candidate

That's an Article from Feb 7th.??

That is all I can find.

There are teams out there still looking to cut players, like the Jets, so it was out of curiosity to see if anybody is under the gun on our team. You never know.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
half the dudes we drafted.
Has Gore's contract been restructured?

this
Lol Rogers isnt going anywhere, we only drafted one CB and signed one CB in free agency

No one is getting cut until after training camp.

I'm 99% sure Whitner isn't getting cut. He lines up the defense and i don't think they want a rookie to do so. Plus Whitner is awesome in run support still. We will probably see him come out more on passing downs especially now that we have 4 decent corners.
I don't see Carlos being cut. But I do see the other CB gradually getting more playing time so it's kind of a phase out.

I also don't see Goodwin getting cut BUT maybe a restructuring of his contract.

Since Willis restructured - I'm sure there are a few other players willing to do so.
I'd be surprised if they cut Goodwin, although it's possible. Reason is they don't want to disrupt the chemistry of what's been called the best OL in the league. Then again, if it's not this year, then it'll happen after the 2013 season. Patrick adjusted his salary so they could sign all the rookies...we could see similar moves from other vets. As for Rogers, he could be another who restructures his contract. He'll likely bounce back to his 2011 form now that the front 7 has gotten a boost (includes a healthy Justin Smith). I think Baalke wants to see how Asomugha does before he'd cut a vet like CR.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Youngone:
Woodson deal isn't an issue because there will be no Woodson deal.

of course this is the truth,,, good god with some people,, we are fine there. I have full confidence in the kid we got to start, dahl will be a respectable back up in both spots,,, woodson is not going to hobble to niner headquarters, he is not needed
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
Originally posted by LVJay:
maybe bowman, but willis for sure...

well, patrick was not good enough to be on the field all the time. he was taken off many times
Share 49ersWebzone