LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 300 users in the forums

Which current 49ers player will come back strong in 2013?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Kyle Williams is one that probably wont get mentioned alot, but he will likely be the starting PR, unless we draft a PR to compete, and he showed alot of improvment last season while Ginn was injured. IMO he should have never been benched in favor of Ginn.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Kyle Williams is one that probably wont get mentioned alot, but he will likely be the starting PR, unless we draft a PR to compete, and he showed alot of improvment last season while Ginn was injured. IMO he should have never been benched in favor of Ginn.

Even though PR/KR may be his ultimate calling...his return and Jenkins possible leap could mean a true embarrassment of riches at the WR position. Manningham will be back, Boldin is Boldin, Crabtree has become a #1. With a possible draft choice added to this stable...wow.

My pick, however, is Ahmad Brooks. As solid as he was, he faced a lot of doubles and was asked to do a lot more in coverage...the fact that he was as effective as he was without the benefit of much rest, tells me he will be even better next season when Cam Johnson, Fleming and Haralson are all healthy to spell him and Aldon. I won't say I expect it, but I would not be surprised to see a 10 sack season from Brooks being able to stay fresh this season.

Honorable mention to Kendall Hunter (Gore's true successor)
Cully, he's gonna have a chip on his shoulder after the Super Bowl performance, maybe even D. Whitner, I wanna see how both of these players respond after their SB performance and offseason
Ray Mac, it seems every time we face a great team he stands out
Ahmad Brooks is getting better and better each year. This will be the year he dominates and the D gets back to the level of 2011.
I'm hoping for AJ Jenkins to come on strong and be the deep threat that we need.

After that, I'm hoping Kyle Williams and Kendall Hunter fully recover. They were just hitting their strides when they got hurt. Both were integral parts of our offense and we need them back.

Not holding my breath for Manningham though. His injury was gruesome. Not sure he will be the same after that.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
lol jenkins lol
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Nmandi
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
For me, it will have to be Mario and Kyle. Both were already developing great chemistry with Kaep and it was only the injury that halted their progress.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I say AJ wont be a 1000 yard season but he'll show all tha haters he was worth a first round pick ....

Yes, there will be some competition for those yards this year!

Culliver as well, by the way. A young guy who finished on a really low note. So hopefully the coaches are working hard with him. Because apart from that I thought he had a promising season.
Yea he was having a good year up until those last two weeks with the media and then the game.

Hunter
Originally posted by SaksV:
A.J. Jenkins
is another Rashaun woods.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Before reading the OP the player I have in mind is Carlos Rogers as well. He'll want to show he still has something left in the tank.

I want to agree with you because that would mean a much improved secondary, but I'm playing the pessimist and thinking that he will just be a year older now.
Jenkins on offense; Nmandi on defense.
  • tsty
  • Veteran
We need Rogers play to form on his island and Brown to do the same in the slot.
Share 49ersWebzone