There are 86 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Likeliest players to be involved in draft-day deals?

Originally posted by 9RVOLS:
Originally posted by lamontb:
I can't even remember ever hearing a draft day trade that involved a player. No teams are taking either of those guys salaries

The Niners picked up D. Jackson from the Seahawks on a draft day trade. Think the same year the Pats got Moss on a draft day trade

I forgot about Darrell Jackson that piece of s**t. Thank goodness we didnt pay him for that one 1,000 yard season he had with the Seahawks.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
fronk gire. kunter and lamik will tak over

This is not the Bill Walsh era.
Originally posted by Kaz9er:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
The overrated Willis, trade him and his contract and let Fleming take his spot and get a 2nd rounder for Willis.

Don't make me laugh!

The overrated Willis, trade him and his contract and let Fleming take his spot and get a 2nd rounder for Willis.

Don't make me laugh!

Who Cares how much he can lift. Can you please explain to me how Navarro Bowman 3rd Rounder #91 in 2010 has already surpassed Willis in production? Look at the Last few Super Bowl Champion starting middle backers, 2012 Donnell Ellerbe undrafted Ravens, Chase Blackburn undrafted Giants, Desmond Bishop Low Rounder Packers. The inside LB positon is very overrated, trade Willis for a 2nd seriously.

Whoa i thought you were joking are u actually serious?

Seriously misguided. Or trolling. Haven't worked out which yet.

But trading probably your best player in his prime, for a second round pick is not a sensible suggestion.
I wonder if Buffalo would agree to trade their 1st pick this year and another 3rd next year for our very own..

Vernon Davis, Alex Boone and one of our 6th rounder??
Originally posted by 9moon:
I wonder if Buffalo would agree to trade their 1st pick this year and another 3rd next year for our very own..

Why the hell would we make that trade?
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by 9moon:

Why the hell would we make that trade?

This thread has reached a level of delirious fantasy and ultimate derp. Leave immediately.
this thread is so full of funny hahas, i may have to move it the PL.
really the best lb in the league for only a 2nd rounder.

Should be an automatic for you.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Tarell Brown is in the last year of his deal and has become a good starting cornerback. His next contract will likely be his last opportunity to get a big contract. Anyone with half a brain knows he will chase the money. The 49ers have some major contracts coming up; Aldon Smith, Colin Kaepernick, Mike Iupati. They may not be able to fit Tarell Brown in with a 15-20 million dollar quarterback and similar priced pass rusher coming up. With the logjam at corner and the cap situation, I wouldn't be surprised if he was traded on draft day.
Who Cares how much he can lift. Can you please explain to me how Navarro Bowman 3rd Rounder #91 in 2010 has already surpassed Willis in production? Look at the Last few Super Bowl Champion starting middle backers, 2012 Donnell Ellerbe undrafted Ravens, Chase Blackburn undrafted Giants, Desmond Bishop Low Rounder Packers. The inside LB positon is very overrated, trade Willis for a 2nd seriously.

Member Milestone: This is post number 1,000 for Willisfn4life.
Originally posted by strickac:
Ode to Patrick;

I've been a 49ers fan for a long, long time. Every few times in a generation a player comes along that captures the imagination and most importantly the heart of fans. You can name them, Frankie Albert, Y.A. Tittle, Cedrick Hardman, Bob St.Clair, Leo Nomileni, Jimmy Johnson, John Brodie, Joe, Steve, Jerry, Ronnie. I'm sure I left many off. Patrick earns the right to be on that list, and the outstanding part is that his best days are ahead.

never heard of most of them.

Yeah who is this Joe, Steve, Jerry and Ronnie?

Or is it Joe Steve and Jerry Ronnie?
With the situation at hand with corner backs, it appears that one of them will be the odd man out soon. With that in mind the 49ers have incredible trade value perhaps trading Chris Culliver swapping picks and a 7th round for the Raiders first overall pick. Is it to outlandish to imagine or happen.
Culliver seems to be tweeting himself out of the NFL! LOL! Guy just doesn't know when to shut up. Lot's of talent though.
According to this thread, we should trade: Willis, LMJ, V. Davis, Rogers, Whitner, Boone, and Gire to move up in a draft loaded with limited talent. I love this forum.
Most of the comments in this thread are for levity sake, or stretched hypotheticals...sort of what the doctor called for. If you want to trade for value the player has to be valuable...if you want to trade just to trade...hmmm...what would we get for Dobbs?