There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Baalke waiting for Asomugha and Woodsons price to drop?

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Maybe the Revis situation has an effect on the Nnamdi situation. Teams that wanted Revis, may find the trade price is too high and may turn to get Nnamdi instead. Yes -- it's you Tampa Bay. Those guys down there need to get their s**t together and make a decision.

Me teenks so too babalooe!

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock .... With 14 picks maybe the 49er's can trade up and trade that for Revis. Da big question is his HEALTH! Do they want to take that gamble?

In the meantime ...back at the ranch ... the Saints are dangling some moola in front of Nnamdi and he may just take it instead of waiting for the slow 9er's.
[ Edited by Kauaiguy on Mar 22, 2013 at 11:18 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Maybe the Revis situation has an effect on the Nnamdi situation. Teams that wanted Revis, may find the trade price is too high and may turn to get Nnamdi instead. Yes -- it's you Tampa Bay. Those guys down there need to get their s**t together and make a decision.
the jets are the ones who are f**king nuts. when a doormat like tampa bay starts to lose patience that does not say much for your team

I can see Nnamdi's agent waiting for a fall out on the Revis deal, then get Nnamdi out there on the approximate price with out the cost of draft picks.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,987
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Me teenks so too babalooe!

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock .... With 14 picks maybe the 49er's can trade up and trade that for Revis. Da big question is his HEALTH! Do they want to take that gamble?

In the meantime ...back at the ranch ... the Saints are dangling some moola in front of Nnamdi and he may just take it instead of waiting for the slow 9er's.
we are not going to get involved with that nutjob franchise for that expensive nutball player. you call it slow. most of us call it the niners way. sift through all the b******t you hear. he knows exactly how much the niners are willing to pay and we will not and do not get into a pissing war over players. you call it slow but this niner front office does not set around playing checkers like others have been known to do
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
We cannot go into the season & expect for our D to be a top #5 defense with 2 guys returning from Injury (Smith Bros.) & have a guy like Dahl or a rookie next to Whitner at the back end. Its a disaster ready to happend if we go that route. Get Woodson signed before a team has their guy go down & sign Woodson on the dot.

dude dahl isn't going to start.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I think Woodson is just too old and the Niners are passing on him. I think Nnamdi is in negotiations. So we just have to wait and see how that plays out. I think the owner meetings being this week have slowed things down a bit.

Woodson at 36 still a better option of Dahl!
Originally posted by kam_niners1:
Originally posted by lamontb:
I think Woodson is just too old and the Niners are passing on him. I think Nnamdi is in negotiations. So we just have to wait and see how that plays out. I think the owner meetings being this week have slowed things down a bit.

Woodson at 36 still a better option of Dahl!
than*
The more time passes, the more leverage the Niners have. Its simple supply and demand. Nobody is dying to sign these guys, and if they still don't get much action even after the Reed signing, all the better. I'm guessing Woodson's agent is looking at 3 year deal, that is really only a one year deal, with about 3-4 million guaranteed. My guess is that if he signs with the Niners he'll settle with 2.5 mil on a one year.

As far as Nnamdi. He's gonna require a deal a lot like Reed's. 4 to 5 mill. No way he's gonna settle on a one year deal for cheap. He's not that bad. And someone WILL give him that deal, whether its the Niners or the Saints or some other Team.
Is it illegal for teams to be discussing draft trades and such now? If not, maybe the Niners already have tentative deals to trade picks that make it likely they could get selected players from the draft and this would impact the signing of expensive vets.
I imagine they left with an offer, and don't think we play games, the offer on the table is our bet offer, and it will be there until it is accepted, or we fill the need elsewhere. If you don't like the offer we aren't going to bend over and take screwing right in the old salary cap, just because some free agent had a good season once. We are now a team any smart player would take a cut to play for, we will put some rings on fingers before to long, so come here for a ring, if you are "looking to get paid" or "just want yours" you can go elsewhere.
Originally posted by ivanm05:
The more time passes, the more leverage the Niners have. Its simple supply and demand. Nobody is dying to sign these guys, and if they still don't get much action even after the Reed signing, all the better. I'm guessing Woodson's agent is looking at 3 year deal, that is really only a one year deal, with about 3-4 million guaranteed. My guess is that if he signs with the Niners he'll settle with 2.5 mil on a one year.

As far as Nnamdi. He's gonna require a deal a lot like Reed's. 4 to 5 mill. No way he's gonna settle on a one year deal for cheap. He's not that bad. And someone WILL give him that deal, whether its the Niners or the Saints or some other Team.

If he were going to get that much money he'd have already gotten it by now.
These guys (or other teams) will get desperate before Niners do.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by ivanm05:
The more time passes, the more leverage the Niners have. Its simple supply and demand. Nobody is dying to sign these guys, and if they still don't get much action even after the Reed signing, all the better. I'm guessing Woodson's agent is looking at 3 year deal, that is really only a one year deal, with about 3-4 million guaranteed. My guess is that if he signs with the Niners he'll settle with 2.5 mil on a one year.

As far as Nnamdi. He's gonna require a deal a lot like Reed's. 4 to 5 mill. No way he's gonna settle on a one year deal for cheap. He's not that bad. And someone WILL give him that deal, whether its the Niners or the Saints or some other Team.

If he were going to get that much money he'd have already gotten it by now.

Agreed. He'll be lucky to get $3 mil.
Yes, because we are full of ourselves
Originally posted by nannite:
My guess is this is about guaranteed money. They probably also want guarantees about being the starters at their respective positions. Baalke is probably giving them neither.

Man who in the hell would guarantee a player a startin position, thats guaranteeing a roster spot and you know a team would never do that.
Originally posted by jonr422000:
Originally posted by nannite:
My guess is this is about guaranteed money. They probably also want guarantees about being the starters at their respective positions. Baalke is probably giving them neither.

Man who in the hell would guarantee a player a startin position, thats guaranteeing a roster spot and you know a team would never do that.

What do you think guaranteed money means? They wont cut him in TC if he gets beat out if he has guaranteed money.

My guess is hes getting the Randy Moss offer. But you dont need backup safeties like you need 3rd receivers, so if he cant beat out the young players we have, he will get cut.

Hes been treated like a star for his entire career and now hes being told: vet min w/ lots of incentives, if your not the starter at the end of TC youre gone.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home