LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 259 users in the forums

Haralson reduces cap number.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows
Reduces cap number RT @RapSheet #Niners reached a one-year deal with LB Parys Haralson, I'm told. It's for $1.3M with a chance to make $1.7M
Great news, provides excellent depth.
As someone else said in another thread - don't be surprised if he gets cut in camp. If Johnson or Fleming show more than Haralson, he's as good as gone IMHO.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Beeker:
As someone else said in another thread - don't be surprised if he gets cut in camp. If Johnson or Fleming show more than Haralson, he's as good as gone IMHO.

he's better than those two.
Originally posted by susweel:

We'll see in July and August

I think he is close to a lock to make the roster as long as he is healthy.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

yes we shall
now that this move has been made and Mario M. reduced his # I'm really starting to think that we are freeing up cap space before signing anyone. I can see J.Smith extending his deal and reducing this years number and maybe Whitner and or Goodwin agreeing to reduce a little then a couple of signings (or a Revis trade?) happening.
I hope he returns to form. I thought that Haralson as the Primary on first and seconds downs (depending on circumstances) and Aldon on second and third, worked quite well and kept them fresher.
This is a really good signing at a very good price. Quality depth. Experienced vet. Reduced his salary. He can take snaps from our big guns on run downs. I LOVE this move. Remember how good the D was with PH taking some of the early down dirty work snaps to leave Aldon fresh to pass rush. This is a smart play by Baalke.
Originally posted by slowriot:

If either Fleming or Johnson show they can rush the QB with some consistency, well, .........

If either Fleming or Johnson show they can rush the QB with some consistency, well, .........
bet we go after 1-2 OLB's this year in the draft
Originally posted by jreff22:

bet we go after 1-2 OLB's this year in the draft

Only Trent and Jim know what they are going after in this draft. But, you're probably right.
Originally posted by matt49er:
now that this move has been made and Mario M. reduced his # I'm really starting to think that we are freeing up cap space before signing anyone. I can see J.Smith extending his deal and reducing this years number and maybe Whitner and or Goodwin agreeing to reduce a little then a couple of signings (or a Revis trade?) happening.

Don't think we are going to make a big splash but this certainly frees up $$ incase we end up keeping our 1st and 2nd round picks.
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows Parys Haralson, whose '13 salary put him in danger of being cut, doesn't have to worry about that anymore

Explains him accepting a paycut.
We need Parys in the rotation, good move!
Share 49ersWebzone