LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 248 users in the forums

Haralson reduces cap number.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
A very quality backup!
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
We need Parys in the rotation, good move!

If Fangio wants to keep him around, that's good enough for me . . . especially at a discount.
Good to hear. He was missed last year.
Originally posted by 49erCanuck:
This is from Matt Barrows' article on the move:

" He rehabilitated every day at the 49ers facility, went on road trips and remained a part of the 49ers' locker room, which is partly why the team wanted him back this year."

That's the type of guy you want on your team. I now love this move even more.

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/03/49ers-restructure-olb-parys-haralsons-contract.html#storylink=cpy

Great move on his part. That said, we still need a more well-rounded OLB should Aldon/Brooks go down. Nobody fears his lack of pass rush ability nor his inability to drop back in coverage. But I love his character and he's a hard worker who will really help Aldon if he makes it past the cuts. If someone beats him out it will be b/c they certainly earned it and had more upside and more well-rounded skills.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
So how much do we save in cap space??
I applaud this move. He's a solid veteran backup and we clear up some cap space to boot.
Now can we get Carlos Rogers to take a pay cut as well..
Originally posted by BigTrez:

him and Whitner need to take less

He did when we extended Bowman.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:

He did when we extended Bowman.

I could be wrong but I think he simply converted money to lower his cap $ or something like that

Originally posted by matt49er:
I could be wrong but I think he simply converted money to lower his cap $ or something like that

I could be wrong too.....
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by est1985:
Was he hurt last year? I'm totally going blank as to why we didn't see him last year lol

Yes. He was on injured reserve for the whole year, or almost the whole year.
Kind of looks like they're freeing as much up as they can before they sign somebody, doesn't it?
Originally posted by socal9er42:
I hope he returns to form. I thought that Haralson as the Primary on first and seconds downs (depending on circumstances) and Aldon on second and third, worked quite well and kept them fresher.

Totally agree. If he can spell both Aldon and Ahmad he's worth it. Takes away a need in free agency and the draft.
Glad to have him back. I know many people don't love him but he provides good depth and we could have used him last year.
Share 49ersWebzone