There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ghost and Fro's attempt at insight, humor, and discussing the 2013 49ers FA Bonanza!

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Remember guys, the humor is fine, but this ain't the parking lot. Remember, we discuss the signings as they come in. A little humor is okay, but a lot derails the point.

Both of these concepts already exist in other forums. Why are you forcing it in here? If anybody else starts this thread it gets moved.

Happy to discuss this with you in the ask the mods thread.

Answer the question.
You already have it. Now, you can go to the appropriate forum and pose it. Where we can discuss it without interrupting the flow of the discussion in this thread.
Remember guys, the humor is fine, but this ain't the parking lot. Remember, we discuss the signings as they come in. A little humor is okay, but a lot derails the point.

Both of these concepts already exist in other forums. Why are you forcing it in here? If anybody else starts this thread it gets moved.

Answer the question.
You already have it. Now, you can go to the appropriate forum and pose it. Where we can discuss it without interrupting the flow of the discussion in this thread.

So posting things in the appropriate forum is important? LMAO! Double standard says what?

How about you move this thread to the appropriate forum.

Answer the question.

So posting things in the appropriate forum is important? LMAO! Double standard says what?

How about you move this thread to the appropriate forum.

Originally posted by Beeker:

Beware of Mods that don't follow the rules they're supposed to enforce.
The thread is about commenting about the potential signings of the Niners; i.e., those we sign and what Ghost largely thinks about it. He was gracious enough to give up some time to do it. Your answer is this, the thread is about commenting about the people we sign in Free Agency. It is not a double standard as it is not a rumor thread--see Kid's thread. It is not a double standard because it is not a free agency discussion, which is taking place in the Free Agency forum. It is a thread, with Ghost's insights and my fledgling attempts at humor about the people we actually do sign, which at this point is a grand total of zero.
What your thoughts in bring in Casey Hampton on a 2yr deal??? he could teach a young NT I think we draft M.Hughes or B.Williams? ???
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
What your thoughts in bring in Casey Hampton on a 2yr deal??? he could teach a young NT I think we draft M.Hughes or B.Williams? ???

Hampton would be a nice signing, but only for a 1 year deal. I could see a guy like Hampton helping us this year, but moving forward with Ian Williams and a relatively high draft pick like Johnathan Hankins, Jesse Williams, Montori Hughes or Brandon Williams rotating at the NT spot. My preference would be for Jesse Williams, since I think he could back up at the LDE role as well as NT, and that kind of versatility is important.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Mar 12, 2013 at 1:30 PM ]

or he can teach Ian since we just extended him.
The thread is about commenting about the potential signings of the Niners; i.e., those we sign and what Ghost largely thinks about it. He was gracious enough to give up some time to do it. Your answer is this, the thread is about commenting about the people we sign in Free Agency. It is not a double standard as it is not a rumor thread--see Kid's thread. It is not a double standard because it is not a free agency discussion, which is taking place in the Free Agency forum. It is a thread, with Ghost's insights and my fledgling attempts at humor about the people we actually do sign, which at this point is a grand total of zero.

Yeah, whatever you say, fro. The only reason this thread gets to stay is because you started it, and you want to piggy back it with your "humor". If anybody else starts this thread it gets locked, merged, or moved to the proper forum.

But by all means, have your double standard. Just make sure you let everybody else take the liberties in Niner Talk that you are in this unnecessary thread.
well, we this one comming....

http://www.profootballcentral.com/2013/03/12/titans-sign-delanie-walker/
What about Quin at S? I heard on ESPN that he can also play CB.
Originally posted by highway49:

This really does not go here, but dang.... Please post it in the FA thread. This is only for 49ers signings.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Hampton would be a nice signing, but only for a 1 year deal. I could see a guy like Hampton helping us this year, but moving forward with Ian Williams and a relatively high draft pick like Johnathan Hankins, Jesse Williams, Montori Hughes or Brandon Williams rotating at the NT spot. My preference would be for Jesse Williams, since I think he could back up at the LDE role as well as NT, and that kind of versatility is important.

I'm not to high on Hankins or Williams I don't think we waste a 1 or 2nd round on a DT that doesn't play alot do like a 3rd on Williams even though people say he'll be gone by 74pick so I could see Hughes in 4th round ....
[ Edited by tatdwolf49 on Mar 12, 2013 at 1:44 PM ]

This really does not go here, but dang.... Please post it in the FA thread. This is only for 49ers signings.
Copy,my bad

ah crap. I wanted Delanie back.