LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 269 users in the forums

The new Cold War (re NFC West)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
And Bennett is a guy who had one good year last season with the Bucs. A lot of the money the Hawks are spending could blow up in their faces. Look at Harvin, for example. In 2014, Harvin will be the highest paid player on their team. He's a guy who had injury problems playing on artificial surface in a warm dome. Now, he's going to cold, wet and slippery Seattle to play outdoors on an artificial surface. To me, that's a recipe for disaster. They're taking a huge chance there and I think it's because they're so hell-bent on knocking the Niners off.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
And Bennett is a guy who had one good year last season with the Bucs. A lot of the money the Hawks are spending could blow up in their faces. Look at Harvin, for example. In 2014, Harvin will be the highest paid player on their team. He's a guy who had injury problems playing on artificial surface in a warm dome. Now, he's going to cold, wet and slippery Seattle to play outdoors on an artificial surface. To me, that's a recipe for disaster. They're taking a huge chance there and I think it's because they're so hell-bent on knocking the Niners off.

This. They aren't planning long term like the 49ers are.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Indeed.
Although some here contend that the Seahawks are insignificant and not a rival of the Niners so.... not bloody likely

Seahawks arent insignificant and they are rivals big time rivals now. But still wanna see both games on tv and see if the coaches can put there puzzle together to make them the legitimate threat as alot of seahawks fans are so sure they are.
Originally posted by Beeker:

Nope they're all in for the next 2 years
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Their Superbowl is 2 times a year vs the Niners....talk about psychos!
Originally posted by ninerfreak:

Their Superbowl is 2 times a year vs the Niners....talk about psychos!

theyre the only team that is as talented as they are and still no one gives a s**t about them lol
Really folks, let the Seahawks be in the spotlight. Let them be the favorites. Don't forget that all opponents have a tendency to get up even more when they think that they're playing a superior team.

There's a saying that goes something like this "Speak Softly and carry a big stick"!

There's no better feeling than being the underdog and you beat the top dog!

So let them crow and pound their collective chests ...!
The Seahawks are one of the "winners" of the off-season so far. Let's see them prove it on the field in the Fall.
You can't forget about the Rams.
A COLD WAR MEANS THEY DON'T PLAY EACH OTHER

Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
A COLD WAR MEANS THEY DON'T PLAY EACH OTHER

Thanks for that Literal Larry.
Originally posted by verb1der:

no jackson and no amendola

What happened to Jackson?

What happened to Jackson?

he's a Falcon
  • ace52
  • Veteran
I'm sure that our FO has a master plan, and they are proceeding according to it. But I've got to admit I'm a little puzzled. Going into FA, I thought that one of our areas of needs is a good pass rusher. We all saw how our D as a whole was affected when our pass rush tailed off toward the end of last year. Now, assuming that JS and AS are back to their normal selves next season, I still think that we need another quality pass rusher to put on the opposite side of the line from Aldon. Imagine the havoc we can wreck on the opposing O when they can't focus their protection on only one side. Aldon may end up having a career year that is even better than his first 2, very good, years.

Now, I've seen us watch and wait while Seattle picked up 2 pass rushers in Avril and Bennett. We didn't pull the trigger on Abraham. Now, I've heard that Dumervil may be available, but he will probably be too expensive for the Niners. Is this FO banking on the slim chance that we can get a good pass rusher who can have an immediate impact (like Aldon) through the Draft again?
Share 49ersWebzone