LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

The new Cold War (re NFC West)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Rathmanator:
I am not going to try and paint the Harvin/Boldin picture any way than it is. The Cawks got the better player, period. There isn't a world where Boldin offers more to a team than Harvin. However, Boldin was NO risk, he is a solid pass catcher that can take a hit and is physical. The way I see it, in this round, advantage Seahacks, but they didn't get him cheap.

• fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Let's call it a Hot War, we are not fighting in proxy states after all.

Incorrect.

Apple vs Microsoft
Google vs Bing

^ these are the 2ndary theaters...

Which is still not the same as...Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, the Congo, Cuba, etc. However, I will bow to calling the Thunderchickens the evil empire. Although that implies they are great or something.

Originally posted by Beeker:
I am not going to try and paint the Harvin/Boldin picture any way than it is. The Cawks got the better player, period. There isn't a world where Boldin offers more to a team than Harvin. However, Boldin was NO risk, he is a solid pass catcher that can take a hit and is physical. The way I see it, in this round, advantage Seahacks, but they didn't get him cheap.

Rathman is right though, until the Seahawks have to shell out the big $$$ for Harvin, they get a better player. But trading 3 picks and taking on a big contract isn't a sustainable way to operate in this league.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Rathman is right though, until the Seahawks have to shell out the big $$$ for Harvin, they get a better player. But trading 3 picks and taking on a big contract isn't a sustainable way to operate in this league.

they are desperate. the first time we play them, little percy will get blasted by one of our guys,, in the meantime our new wide out will abuse thier scumbag secondary
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

THAT I can agree with. He's going to jack up the Seahags cap, and they gave up a 1st and 7th this year and at least a 4th next year for player that plays about 70% of the time, has never played a full season, has never had a 1000 yeard season, and has never had more than 5 rec tds in a season, who is also a headcase and a locker room cancer that whines when he isn't the center of the offense. He's early Moss without the production.
[ Edited by Beeker on Mar 12, 2013 at 9:13 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
THAT I can agree with. He's going to jack up the Seahags cap, and they gave up a 1st and 7th this year and at least a 4th next year for player that plays about 70% of the time, has never played a full season, has never had a 1000 yeard season, and has never had more than 5 rec tds in a season, who is also a headcase and a locker room cancer that whines when he isn't the center of the offense. He's early Moss without the production.
people need to pay attention to your take on percy. sure he may be faster and sure he can return kicks but he is not physical, he can not or will not block and our new man is 100 per cent opposite of percy in the locker room. i am sure that was a factor in the decision to bring him in here. another reason why i think someone like revis is out and if they can work it out, reed may be in. percy is early moss without the production and our new man is everything we wanted or hoped moss would be, in my opinion

Incorrect.

Apple vs Microsoft
Google vs Bing

Which is still not the same as...Korea, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, the Congo, Cuba, etc. However, I will bow to calling the Thunderchickens the evil empire. Although that implies they are great or something.

Meh....I prefer the term "hereditary enmity" myself (derived from the ancient rivalry of France and Germany), but Seattle and their fans haven't even earned that honor yet, as our rivalry with them isn't even a generation old (like with the cowboys, giants, packers, rams, raiders etc.

Incorrect.

Apple vs Microsoft
Google vs Bing

Meh....I prefer the term "hereditary enmity" myself (derived from the ancient rivalry of France and Germany), but Seattle and their fans haven't even earned that honor yet, as our rivalry with them isn't even a generation old (like with the cowboys, giants, packers, rams, raiders etc.

I like this take, but the Seahags haven't replaced the Rams yet as our biggest/long term rival in the NFC West.
Originally posted by cciowa:
people need to pay attention to your take on percy. sure he may be faster and sure he can return kicks but he is not physical, he can not or will not block and our new man is 100 per cent opposite of percy in the locker room. i am sure that was a factor in the decision to bring him in here. another reason why i think someone like revis is out and if they can work it out, reed may be in. percy is early moss without the production and our new man is everything we wanted or hoped moss would be, in my opinion

Thank you, CC. Every once in a while, I can actually makes sense.
Originally posted by awol36:
Originally posted by corona55569:
Someone needs to post Jimmy raye playbook, one of the funniest things I viewed on the web zone classic ..

This isn't the 49ers playbook on Tecmo bowl. I think it's the Bears

Seattle is without a doubt our toughest threat, period. I would have said that before they got Harvin. They're a **** good football team capable of dominating us at our own games.
Very good post.

Harvin missed 7 games last year. He'll cost mega-$$$ and the Seattle gave up a 1st rounder +.

They got a top tier receiver - he will cause problems.

We got a very good receiver who always seems to get open. Rarely drops the ball and is a VERY tough blocker.

We paid peanuts. We still have 14 picks AND an opportunity to aquire picks to build the dynasty.

Let the War start!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Thank you, CC. Every once in a while, I can actually makes sense.
that is more than me. i liked the fact we gave dennis erikson a second year, i liked the nolan hire, i thought ck was not ready to play the game, i figured we would get blown in the first round of the playoffs cuz . we were not playing four quarters of ball at the end of the year and i can never remember the first name of mr cribbs . they call me MISTER CRIBBS ( old school for the kids there to a 1972 move ) oh and i wanted the team to sign david boston in 2006
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Very good post.

Harvin missed 7 games last year. He'll cost mega-$$$ and the Seattle gave up a 1st rounder +.

They got a top tier receiver - he will cause problems.

We got a very good receiver who always seems to get open. Rarely drops the ball and is a VERY tough blocker.

We paid peanuts. We still have 14 picks AND an opportunity to aquire picks to build the dynasty.

Let the War start!

Originally posted by cciowa:
they are desperate. the first time we play them, little percy will get blasted by one of our guys,, in the meantime our new wide out will abuse thier scumbag secondary

VISIONQUEST!!!! I can "visualize" that. Boldin won't get bullied around by Browner like the average, prissy WR. He will muscle Browner in return (I assume Sherman will be following Crabs around during this process)
Share 49ersWebzone