LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

The new Cold War (re NFC West)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Beeker:
Percy Migraine is a head case. He's never played a full season, takes about half his plays off, and whines like a little girl when he isn't the focus of the offense. And, if Seattle extends him, they're looking at $8-10 mil a year for him. He's never had a 1000 yard season. He's never had more than 6 TD catches a year. He drops a lot of passes. We get that production out of D. Walker. Boldin is a rock solid possession receiver that gets yards in LARGE chunks - last year he averaged 14.6 YPC. Think that 29% 3rd down efficiency rate just maybe went up a little bit? Harvin will be a bad locker room guy and a distraction from day one. Clearly, the 49ers got the MUCH better deal today.

Oh, and Boldin didn't cost us a 1st and 7th this year, and at least a 4th next year. Plus Harvin's demands that he be paid like a top 3 NFL receiver.
percy is also a b***h in the locker room if he is not happy, with a name like percy that is not to hard to understand. boldin on the other hand is a good vet locker room guy. moss did not cause issues in the locker room but boldin is everything on the field we hoped moss would have been

Psshh i bet if we traded with Harvin all of you guys would be on his D. Harvin is a talented player but could be a locker room distraction if he isn't happy.

Damn shame they didn't keep TO
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Psshh i bet if we traded with Harvin all of you guys would be on his D. Harvin is a talented player but could be a locker room distraction if he isn't happy.

i thought they may make a play for percy. i hoped they would not. he is not a punt returner which did not help us and i have no time for anyone who has headaches.. boldin on the other hand for a sixth is something you can not turn your back on,,, and then you make a play for joe cribbs as a replacement for ginn and your return man.

No, I would actually have been very pi$$ed off if they had made a play for Harvin. Everything I wrote in my post is how I've always felt about Harvin. Can't stand the guy. Also, I'm going on record he won't play more than 10 games this coming year. He's made of glass. The first time Willis or Bowman lays him out he'll wish he was still in Minnesota.
Originally posted by cciowa:

i thought they may make a play for percy. i hoped they would not. he is not a punt returner which did not help us and i have no time for anyone who has headaches.. boldin on the other hand for a sixth is something you can not turn your back on,,, and then you make a play for joe cribbs as a replacement for ginn and your return man.

*Josh Cribbs - but, we don't really need him. LMJ is a dam good returner.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I am happy they have traded away 3 draft picks and have eaten up some of their salary cap on this move. Keep spending so when Russell Wilson needs to be extended they will have thier hands tied.
Boldin was a good answer today to Harvin...Anquan gives us something Seattle doesn't have, a big, tough, nasty WR who fights anyone anywhere for the football. Yes, there's an age difference. Harvin's been off the field as much as on it...he's a head case...only a matter of time before he gets into a contract dispute in Seattle. He dissed his head coach, Leslie Frazier in public. Talent? Oh yeah, he's got it, but he's also a major pain in the ass and gets hurt every season. What Baalke needs as a follow up is to beef up our DL and secondary and maybe an OLB with great wheels that can get after the QB. We've got the picks and a GM to go for the gold.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
seahawks are no 90's cowboys.

Right. They'd need a much better offensive line to be comparable.... you know, kind of like the Niners offensive line.
They're taking a huge chance with Harvin. He's had injury issues and they play half their games on an artificial surface that often gets wet, cold and slippery. Just sayin. For that matter, a playing surface like that is not really ideal for a scrambling, quick cutting little QB who runs around in the backfield a lot either.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

sorry bout the name. he did struggle as a punt return man last year. i understand he will work on that and probably be better but if we could get josh at a cheap price to replace ginn and maybe even kyle, we have a very nice return guy who is respectable at catching a pass. after ginn i would settle for respectable in the pass catching department from my number four or five guy.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:
They're taking a huge chance with Harvin. He's had injury issues and they play half their games on an artificial surface that often gets wet, cold and slippery. Just sayin. For that matter, a playing surface like that is not really ideal for a scrambling, quick cutting little QB who runs around in the backfield a lot either.
and boldin will not shy away from thier scumbag secondary

Seehocks WILL NOT even smell the NFC West top spot...

Thank You, Mr. Boldin...
I hope the contract Harvin gets completely screws them for the future. They have to pay Earl Thomas, Chris Clemons and Wilson. Good luck, you flea ridden chickens from the northwest. After we club you senseless next year, you're done.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BrodieToKwalick:

Thank You, Mr. Boldin...
I hope the contract Harvin gets completely screws them for the future. They have to pay Earl Thomas, Chris Clemons and Wilson. Good luck, you flea ridden chickens from the northwest. After we club you senseless next year, you're done.
if your handle was brodie to gene washington i would want to share bodily fluids with you
Originally posted by BrodieToKwalick:

Thank You, Mr. Boldin...

[ Edited by Dr_Bill_Walsh on Mar 11, 2013 at 8:21 PM ]

we need a punt returner, and overall a true return man that can contribute elsewhere

Ace Sanders come on down
Percy H. is the epitome of a high risk/high reward acquisition. He already cost them their 1st rounder and will be in line for an $11-12 million salary per year. Boldin is old, but is still a very formidable WR who causes match-up issues as he is stronger than CBs and much faster than LBs. To grab him for a 6th rounder is a steal. If they can work with his contract to cut down on the $6 million, it will be the steal of the off-season. I would have been bummed to give up a 1st + for Harvin (though he would have been intriguing with us). I think Harvin will have his all-star days, but will be a headache for SEA in the end. All in all, I'd say on this day, both teams improved, but we got the value AND the muscle.
Share 49ersWebzone