There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers interested in trading for Revis (link provided)

Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I'm totally with English on this. I totally don't want them to spend a lot of money on a veteran free agent. Take the 31st, the 34th and a couple of the fifth or sixth picks and move up to take Dee Milliner if you want a can't miss, start right away shut-down corner. Dude just ran a 4.31 40 and he's tall. That's Deone Sanders territory. Then starting with their own 2nd round pick, start shoring up that d-line.

I'm not sure a team in the top 10 would go for that. He'd have to fall to mid 1st round, and I doubt that. But I thought Prince Amukamarra was going to be a high draft pick so who knows.

Right. The Lions probably take him at #5. But, if they don't do that, then he might drop down to 11 or 12 which is a possibility. But, he's a 6'1" corner who just ran a 4.31, so it's probably a no-brainer for the Lions.

Except the lions will draft a WR #1
Revis is younger than Rogers, Brown, and Goldson. He's only 10 days older than Whitner.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Feb 27, 2013 at 4:38 PM ]
Get AQIB Talib CB, Unless the Jets take a 3rd or lower, I wouldnt waste a 1 or 2 on Revis but a 3 or lowers I would.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Get AQIB Talib CB, Unless the Jets take a 3rd or lower, I wouldnt waste a 1 or 2 on Revis but a 3 or lowers I would.

What if i told you, we can get both
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

How much yall figure to sign Talib?

i would call BS
Originally posted by SkyGod:

How much yall figure to sign Talib?

Originally posted by pdizo916:

i would call BS

Balke mind tricks
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by English:
No. Major surgery and regular holdouts?

The draft. Dominate for a decade.

^^This
Just say no to Revis. Build through the draft, and extend your good core players.

to the bold
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
They can probably just sit there at 31 and 34 and get a top safety AND a top defensive tackle in those spots, both of whom can step right in to starting or rotational spots.

RIGHT ON.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
I don't know, I still call BS. It just doesn't match with how we've conducted business in the Harbaalke era. Trading a 1st or 2nd round pick for a single year of Revis is not good value, and Baalke is all about value. Unless the Jets are willing to trade him for a 3rd or a 4th, a 1-year rental just doesn't make sense.

I would do it for a 3rd in a heartbeat. It's unrealistic, but i would. Even for one year, that's exceptional value. there's not many 3rd round players that make it all pro or probowls. Even though Revis is coming off a huge injury, a 3rd is great value.

Revis is untradable. There's no way the Jets let him go for less than a first-round pick, Their fan base would go absolutely crazy for giving up anything less for a future Hall of Famer. And there's no way that another team use a first-round pick if they can't get a long-term contract done. So Revis dictates the trade because if he does not agree to a contract no one's going to take him and he'll take his chances on himself and hit free agency next year. The only way we would get him is if we paid him the 16 Mil a season he wants.
Originally posted by KID9R:
They can probably just sit there at 31 and 34 and get a top safety AND a top defensive tackle in those spots, both of whom can step right in to starting or rotational spots.

RIGHT ON.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
I don't know, I still call BS. It just doesn't match with how we've conducted business in the Harbaalke era. Trading a 1st or 2nd round pick for a single year of Revis is not good value, and Baalke is all about value. Unless the Jets are willing to trade him for a 3rd or a 4th, a 1-year rental just doesn't make sense.

I would do it for a 3rd in a heartbeat. It's unrealistic, but i would. Even for one year, that's exceptional value. there's not many 3rd round players that make it all pro or probowls. Even though Revis is coming off a huge injury, a 3rd is great value.

Revis is untradable. There's no way the Jets let him go for less than a first-round pick, Their fan base would go absolutely crazy for giving up anything less for a future Hall of Famer. And there's no way that another team use a first-round pick if they can't get a long-term contract done. So Revis dictates the trade because if he does not agree to a contract no one's going to take him and he'll take his chances on himself and hit free agency next year. The only way we would get him is if we paid him the 16 Mil a season he wants.

I dont think they give a damn what their fan base would do if they traded Revis.
Member Milestone: This is post number 400 for midrdan.
Revis for a 3rd and 6th or Revis for a 4th and Culliver or Revis for a 4th and Rogers. The Jets may be intrigued with Rogers given his reasonable price tag and player control beyond 2013. Any of these scenarios for a one year rental would be fine. The Jets aren't going to get many offers for the guy that would approach any of these deals.

There are two types of teams that will want to pursue him. Either a team on the verge of a championship that looks at 2013 as "the year" or a team that is desperate to make a splash. The former category - GB and ATL among others, likely won't break the bank with a long term deal for him and, thus, won't give up significant draft picks to rent him for the year. The 49ers offer will be comparatively better. The latter category won't give up high draft picks unless they negotiate the long term deal before hand or are just plain stupid. Paging Mark Davis ...

The Jets are in no hurry except for the fact that if they wait beyond this year's draft they will be losing a key player without any replacement for more than a year, which in New York is an eternity. So, assuming that they want to trade him in exchange for picks this year, that would require a team that wanted to sign him long term to work through both the trade and the deal between March 12 and April 26. Not likely. Thus, only short term contenders and stupid teams will be left in the bidding. Paging Mark Davis ...

Of the contenders, the 49ers are in the best position. They have the picks but, more importantly, have the deeper roster to begin with and, no matter what picks in Rounds 2 through 7 they give up, they have other picks in those rounds to offset the loss. Not too many other contenders are in our position. So if Revis signs with another contender they actually lose ground to the 49ers in the talent race over the next 2-3 years. If the contender stupidly breaks the bank for Revis - that team will have to shed more talent eventually to pay for that, losing more ground to the 49ers over the next 2-3 years. So the 49ers win if they get him and, weirdly, may win if another contender signs him.

If a non-contending team breaks the bank on him just to make a splash (i.e. the stupid teams) then oh well ... at least there's a good chance he's coming to the East Bay.
I want Revis but not if it cost us our 31st and 34th picks.
Originally posted by calinig4life:
Originally posted by Wrathman:
Originally posted by English:
No. Major surgery and regular holdouts?

The draft. Dominate for a decade.

^^This
Just say no to Revis. Build through the draft, and extend your good core players.

to the bold

Agree ! The Jet are going to want to much and Baalke wont have that I see us out of the Revis talk in a week or less. We got a 4th Rd. pick take it or leave it..........it
Whatever happens, in HarBaalke i trust.
Harbaugh and Baalke have been at the top for only 2 drafts and 2 Free Agency periods. That's awfully short time to assume there is a trend on how they conduct business.