There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers interested in trading for Revis (link provided)

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by YungAce:
First of all, that link provides nothing

Secondly, that's the muthaf**kin bleacher report

Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports via a pair of sources that the 49ers have discussed the possibility of trading for Jets cornerbackDarrelle Revis and that they are "poised" to make a run at trading for him even if it is just for one year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/27/49ers-reportedly-poised-to-make-a-run-at-darrelle-revis/

I don't know, I still call BS. It just doesn't match with how we've conducted business in the Harbaalke era. Trading a 1st or 2nd round pick for a single year of Revis is not good value, and Baalke is all about value. Unless the Jets are willing to trade him for a 3rd or a 4th, a 1-year rental just doesn't make sense.

I think it's likey they've "discussed" trading him. I doubt they'll do it though unless like you said it's for a 3rd and/or 4th.

York or whoever: Hey Trent what do you think of getting Revis?
Baalke: That would be great, he's incredible. Would cost too much though, so no.
End of discussion.
Are the 49ers thinking of letting Goldson walk and replacing him with Revis money wise?

If Revis returns to form after the ACL and they can sign him for the same money as Goldson then maybe. If Revis wants more than Goldson forget it.

But 49ers gotta finish off the WR core and get CK7 the weapons. Crabtree is the only healthy returning starter.
[ Edited by SkyGod on Feb 27, 2013 at 4:25 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
One one hand - it's like the Deion Sanders's deal that put us over the top

On the other - it handcuffs us for guys like Iupati, Crabtree, Aldon, and Kaep.

I'm on the fence

What if Goldson doesn't get resigned?

and replace with a draftee IDK. It's just against Baalke's MO to go after the big $$ guys.

Baalke doesn't go after big money guys, but he's never had a shot at a guy who is the best at what he does. Revis is a shutdown CB. He's the only one the NFL has to offer. He isn't just some big money guy, he is the best at what he does, and what he does is something the 49ers desperately need.

I hope this happens.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by YungAce:
First of all, that link provides nothing

Secondly, that's the muthaf**kin bleacher report

Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports via a pair of sources that the 49ers have discussed the possibility of trading for Jets cornerbackDarrelle Revis and that they are "poised" to make a run at trading for him even if it is just for one year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/27/49ers-reportedly-poised-to-make-a-run-at-darrelle-revis/

I don't know, I still call BS. It just doesn't match with how we've conducted business in the Harbaalke era. Trading a 1st or 2nd round pick for a single year of Revis is not good value, and Baalke is all about value. Unless the Jets are willing to trade him for a 3rd or a 4th, a 1-year rental just doesn't make sense.

15 picks and Revis is playing for a contract he will be determined his ACL is not a concern. I'm sure a 2nd or a 3rd will do it!
Smoke Screen by the master - Baalke.

IMO - do it through the draft and we will be on top for a decade or more.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
They can probably just sit there at 31 and 34 and get a top safety AND a top defensive tackle in those spots, both of whom can step right in to starting or rotational spots.

RIGHT ON.

I would do it for a 3rd in a heartbeat. It's unrealistic, but i would. Even for one year, that's exceptional value. there's not many 3rd round players that make it all pro or probowls. Even though Revis is coming off a huge injury, a 3rd is great value.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I'd rather have Trufant.

Now, that would make a lot of sense, because Desmond Trufant might be there in the high teens or low 20's. He's a 6 footer who ran something like a 4.38 40. And, what an interesting thing to have the Trufant brothers playing on opposite sidelines twice a year. Doesn't his brother play for the Seahawks?
Originally posted by pdizo916:

I would do it for a 3rd in a heartbeat. It's unrealistic, but i would. Even for one year, that's exceptional value. there's not many 3rd round players that make it all pro or probowls. Even though Revis is coming off a huge injury, a 3rd is great value.

I agree with you there. If all they want is a 3rd, then do it.
Originally posted by baltien:
YES.

He may want $16 mil a year but coming off major surgery, he won't get it. Baalke should try to negotiate something in the $10-12 year range and GET ER' DONE.

Leave him alone and sign our players for the next few years. We have the potential to be in the Super bowl for the next straight 5 years easily.
Originally posted by juycho:
Leave him alone and sign our players for the next few years. We have the potential to be in the Super bowl for the next straight 5 years easily.

Yes! Why break the bank on one older player when you're sitting there with the 31st and the 34th pick in a draft deep with corner, safety and defensive line talent? It just doesn't make sense to me. Besides, add some size and depth to that defensive line and the pass defense will look a lot better anyway. Get that pass rush going with enough depth to last all season and into the post season.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Smoke Screen by the master - Baalke.

IMO - do it through the draft and we will be on top for a decade or more.

Revis or no Revis this roster is already stacked with young talent. We're set up for the next decade regardless.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I don't want him at the high price.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jim Trotter ‏@SI_JimTrotter
why i DON'T see revis-49ers: sf doesn't believe in rent-a-player philosophy 4 big-$$ guys + unlikely to dole out huge $$ on longterm deal.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
@SI_JimTrotter yes.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
I don't want him at the high price.

This, don't like his attitude.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I'd rather have Trufant.

Now, that would make a lot of sense, because Desmond Trufant might be there in the high teens or low 20's. He's a 6 footer who ran something like a 4.38 40. And, what an interesting thing to have the Trufant brothers playing on opposite sidelines twice a year. Doesn't his brother play for the Seahawks?

His official 40 time was faster than Milliner's. I think he could be the best CB from this draft.
His brother Marcus plays for the Seahawks and his other brother Isaiah plays for the Jets.