There are 147 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers interested in trading for Revis (link provided)

Originally posted by GNielsen:
I'm totally with English on this. I totally don't want them to spend a lot of money on a veteran free agent. Take the 31st, the 34th and a couple of the fifth or sixth picks and move up to take Dee Milliner if you want a can't miss, start right away shut-down corner. Dude just ran a 4.31 40 and he's tall. That's Deone Sanders territory. Then starting with their own 2nd round pick, start shoring up that d-line.

We're not going to trade our whole draft to draft Miller
I'm totally with English on this. I totally don't want them to spend a lot of money on a veteran free agent. Take the 31st, the 34th and a couple of the fifth or sixth picks and move up to take Dee Milliner if you want a can't miss, start right away shut-down corner. Dude just ran a 4.31 40 and he's tall. That's Deone Sanders territory. Then starting with their own 2nd round pick, start shoring up that d-line.

I'm not sure a team in the top 10 would go for that. He'd have to fall to mid 1st round, and I doubt that. But I thought Prince Amukamarra was going to be a high draft pick so who knows.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by baltien:
YES.

He may want $16 mil a year but coming off major surgery, he won't get it. Baalke should try to negotiate something in the $10-12 year range and GET ER' DONE.

OK, let's look closer at this:

We may have to give up, "potentially No. 31 overall and/or No. 34 overall in the 2013 draft." I would only give up one of these picks.

Salary: We let Rogers go: Rogers = $7,344,531 in 2013
Revis: Will be in the 9-11 million range.

We can certainly afford it esp. when you also factor in the following potential cuts:

Cuts:
Alex (- $9,750,000) - gone; replaced by rookie
Goodwin (- $5,016,668) - gone; replaced by Looney/Kilgore
Manningham (- $4,950,000) - gone; injury settlement; replaced by AJ & Williams is back
Whitner (- $4,933,333) - gone; replaced by Goldson (SS); FS battle = Spillman/Robinson/Culliver/high draft pick
Akers (- $3,616,668) - gone; replaced by draft pick
Haralson (- $2,870,000) - gone; replaced by draft pick and Johnson/Fleming
Soapoaga - gone; replaced by high draft pick
RJF - gone; replaced by Ian Williams
Moss - gone; replaced by Lockett and high draft pick

Retain:
Walker (+ $4,000,000) - signed to 2 year deal for 8 million
Goldson (+ $7,250,000) - signed to 4 year 30 million

Bottom line = we can do this! He can help shut down half the field (remember Deion Sanders?) and Revis has a BIG chip on his shoulder. We take him this year on his current salary, we are getting a veteran with a chip on his shoulder in a contract year playing against Richard Sherman's mouth x2 a year! And let's not forget, we'll probably negotiate for for a deal in the 10-million range d/t the injury and for HIM, a chance to play and win on a Superbowl team.

No brainer...

Why are ppl ok with losing both our starting safeties, I'd like to keep atleast one....

Lol I don't know. Before the New England game, people were saying they were the best combo in the league.
or maybe the choice is Rogers and Goldson vs. Reed/Woodson and Revis plus a drafted Safety to groom.
what makes revis the best cb in the league?
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I'm not sure a team in the top 10 would go for that. He'd have to fall to mid 1st round, and I doubt that. But I thought Prince Amukamarra was going to be a high draft pick so who knows.

Right. The Lions probably take him at #5. But, if they don't do that, then he might drop down to 11 or 12 which is a possibility. But, he's a 6'1" corner who just ran a 4.31, so it's probably a no-brainer for the Lions.
They can probably just sit there at 31 and 34 and get a top safety AND a top defensive tackle in those spots, both of whom can step right in to starting or rotational spots.
Originally posted by YungAce:

We're not going to trade our whole draft to draft Miller

I'd rather have Trufant.
Originally posted by braap49er:
what makes revis the best cb in the league?

QBs don't want to throw to his side.
First of all, that link provides nothing

Secondly, that's the muthaf**kin bleacher report

Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports via a pair of sources that the 49ers have discussed the possibility of trading for Jets cornerbackDarrelle Revis and that they are "poised" to make a run at trading for him even if it is just for one year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/27/49ers-reportedly-poised-to-make-a-run-at-darrelle-revis/
if we get revis would we still keep Rogers?
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports via a pair of sources that the 49ers have discussed the possibility of trading for Jets cornerbackDarrelle Revis and that they are "poised" to make a run at trading for him even if it is just for one year.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/27/49ers-reportedly-poised-to-make-a-run-at-darrelle-revis/

If its one year.....they better not trade the #1
why waste 2 draft picks on a guy that youll have for just one year...
Jim Trotter- why i DON'T see revis-49ers: sf doesn't believe in rent-a-player philosophy 4 big-$$ guys + unlikely to dole out huge $$ on longterm deal.
https://twitter.com/SI_JimTrotter/status/306920620871004160
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

I don't know, I still call BS. It just doesn't match with how we've conducted business in the Harbaalke era. Trading a 1st or 2nd round pick for a single year of Revis is not good value, and Baalke is all about value. Unless the Jets are willing to trade him for a 3rd or a 4th, a 1-year rental just doesn't make sense.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Feb 27, 2013 at 4:20 PM ]