LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

49ers interested in trading for Revis (link provided)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by nyjetdude:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
A lot of good players. Revis had the greatest year ever by a CB, though... if he returns to old form, it will be argued who is better, him or Sanders...
I don't think any one on the 49ers is an all time great, sorry.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here.

You're advocating a player who your team is desperately trying to trade by attempting to devalue our players by what? ....saying they're not all time greats? Gotcha.

Sorry but that story isn't finished, and that includes Revis.

I don't agree with everything my team does. Maybe if I rooted for a team like the 49ers who have made great moves in recent years I might feel differently.
I'm not de-valuing your players, I'm pointing out that your board is undervaluing Revis.

I'm not undervaluing him. Your prefacing some of your posts with 'if he returns to form'. Considering the money he wants after next year plus the injury those are pretty big concerns.

Sounds to me the Jets fans want to unload him almost as bad as the Jets front office does, and because of the ammunition the 49ers have, we're your best hope. Maybe, but we're not suckers either.

I'll be danmed if we are going to be gotten over on by the j-e-t-s jets. Holdouts and locker room disruptions would sour me as well if I were a Jets fan, I don't care how good he is.
Originally posted by Youngb:
Willis isn't half the leader Lewis was.
We have a guy in Harris who had more tackles and sacks than Willis this year and many Jets fans felt he shouldn't even be starting...

Yep and in 2011 (Revis last full year) Carlos Rogers had 7 ints and Terrell Brown had 4 ints while Revis had 4. So by your logic, Rogers is better and Brown is just as good.

Well considering the entire argument for Willis being like Ray Lewis is statistics, I'd say you made my argument for me. Thanks.
A lot of good players. Revis had the greatest year ever by a CB, though... if he returns to old form, it will be argued who is better, him or Sanders...

You're advocating a player who your team is desperately trying to trade by attempting to devalue our players by what? ....saying they're not all time greats? Gotcha.

I don't agree with everything my team does. Maybe if I rooted for a team like the 49ers who have made great moves in recent years I might feel differently.
I'm not de-valuing your players, I'm pointing out that your board is undervaluing Revis.

I'm not undervaluing him. Your prefacing some of your posts with 'if he returns to form'. Considering the money he wants after next year plus the injury those are pretty big concerns.

Sounds to me the Jets fans want to unload him almost as bad as the Jets front office does, and because of the ammunition the 49ers have, we're your best hope. Maybe, but we're not suckers either.

I'll be danmed if we are going to be gotten over on by the j-e-t-s jets. Holdouts and locker room disruptions would sour me as well if I were a Jets fan, I don't care how good he is.

What's interesting is that if you come here, you guys are saying I'd trade maybe a 3rd rounder for him….

And if you go to a typical Jets forum they are saying this year's 1st, 2nd and 4th and a conditional pick next year that will be anywhere from a 1st-3rd.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I guess I can understand why Jets fan would be hanging his hat on something like this. What else do you have to talk about if you're a Jets fan? Butt tackles? Yakkity Sax as the background music for your offensive sets?

Are points awarded for 2nd place?

I'm not sure, but if there are, I'm guessing you get more points than you do for cellar-dwelling laughing-stock. Dude, again the Jets offense is one of the first I've seen in a long time where you could literally be playing "Yakkity Sax" as appropriate background music for the video.

What's interesting is that if you come here, you guys are saying I'd trade maybe a 3rd rounder for him….

And if you go to a typical Jets forum they are saying this year's 1st, 2nd and 4th and a conditional pick next year that will be anywhere from a 1st-3rd.

I never said any of that so I have no idea what you're talking about.
Jets fan, what are you doing on a Niners board? Last season, the number 1 and 2 teams in the NFC west beat the Jets by a combined total of 62-7. The Niners wiped you out, 34-0. Give it up. Come back when you've got a team to talk about that isn't a laughing stock.
Jets fan, what are you doing on a Niners board? Last season, the number 1 and 2 teams in the NFC west beat the Jets by a combined total of 62-7. The Niners wiped you out, 34-0. Give it up. Come back when you've got a team to talk about that isn't a laughing stock.

I never said any of that so I have no idea what you're talking about.

I know I was speaking in general to what I saw on this thread.

Man even Madden would stop that trade.

Last time I checked your forum doesn't make this a requirement. Good thing too otherwise, you guys wouldn't have been able to post here after the Giants or Seattle games this year.
Originally posted by UKNiner:

Man even Madden would stop that trade.

Agree, no way a 3rd rounder alone. People are crazy here.

I guess I can understand why Jets fan would be hanging his hat on something like this. What else do you have to talk about if you're a Jets fan? Butt tackles? Yakkity Sax as the background music for your offensive sets?

Are points awarded for 2nd place?

I'm not sure, but if there are, I'm guessing you get more points than you do for cellar-dwelling laughing-stock. Dude, again the Jets offense is one of the first I've seen in a long time where you could literally be playing "Yakkity Sax" as appropriate background music for the video.

I don't disagree, but it wasn't too long ago that your offense was the same thing. How quickly we forget...
Really curious to hear what you'd take for Tebow, Sanchez or Rexy now...

whatever it is, it's waaay too much.

yeah that's not what I was saying. Kudos though
Really curious to hear what you'd take for Tebow, Sanchez or Rexy now...

whatever it is, it's waaay too much.

Tebow, I'd give you a 7th rounder. Sanchez I'd give you a 2nd rounder.
Rex I like, would like to give him a decent QB who isn't rated last in the league before getting rid of.

yeah that's not what I was saying. Kudos though

I know.... guess that went over your head...
Share 49ersWebzone