There are 93 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers interested in trading for Revis (link provided)

Jets fan here.
You guys are under-rating him as a player. He's not just good... he's tremendous.
Your pass defense quite honestly was lacking the last few weeks of the season and the playoffs.
If he comes back to form, he'll best player on your entire team by a pretty big margin.

He's going to cost you more than many of you are planning, though... a 3rd rounder is never happening...
Originally posted by nyjetdude:
Jets fan here.
You guys are under-rating him as a player. He's not just good... he's tremendous.
Your pass defense quite honestly was lacking the last few weeks of the season and the playoffs.
If he comes back to form, he'll best player on your entire team by a pretty big margin.

He's going to cost you more than many of you are planning, though... a 3rd rounder is never happening...

Lol
Jets fan here.

Corner maybe, but c'mon man, we have the two best MLB's in the league.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

Not to mention our o-line. And Justin Smith, who is in my objective opinion, the muthaf****kin man.

Which is why this probably isn't happening. Not a chance we're giving up a 1st rounder for a one year rental, or a 1st rounder + $15M/year on an extension to one player.

Do they get compared to Mike Singletary and Dick Butkus like Revis is compared to Deon Sanders?
[ Edited by nyjetdude on Mar 11, 2013 at 12:49 PM ]

Do they get compared to Mike Singletary and Dick Butkus?

What? They are the best in the league today. Who cares what fossils they do or don't get compared to.

Do they get compared to Mike Singletary and Dick Butkus like Revis is compared to Deon Sanders?
Yes, actually they do. Willis is often compared to Ray Lewis and some analysts think Bowman is even better than Willis.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Do they get compared to Mike Singletary and Dick Butkus?

What? They are the best in the league today. Who cares what fossils they do or don't get compared to.

..........and actually, yes. Willis has been compared to the greats and Bowman isn't far behind, if at all.
Originally posted by baltien:
Not to mention our o-line. And Justin Smith, who is in my objective opinion, the muthaf****kin man.

Originally posted by baltien:

A lot of good players. Revis had the greatest year ever by a CB, though... if he returns to old form, it will be argued who is better, him or Sanders...
I don't think any one on the 49ers is an all time great, sorry.
I guess I can understand why Jets fan would be hanging his hat on something like this. What else do you have to talk about if you're a Jets fan? Butt tackles? Yakkity Sax as the background music for your offensive sets?
[ Edited by GNielsen on Mar 11, 2013 at 12:56 PM ]
A lot of good players. Revis had the greatest year ever by a CB, though... if he returns to old form, it will be argued who is better, him or Sanders...

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here.

You're advocating a player who your team is desperately trying to trade by attempting to devalue our players by what? ....saying they're not all time greats? Gotcha.

Sorry but that story isn't finished, and that includes Revis.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Yes, actually they do. Willis is often compared to Ray Lewis and some analysts think Bowman is even better than Willis.
Willis isn't half the leader Lewis was.
We have a guy in Harris who had more tackles and sacks than Willis this year and many Jets fans felt he shouldn't even be starting...
Originally posted by GNielsen:
I guess I can understand why Jets fan would be hanging his hat on something like this. What else do you have to talk about if you're a Jets fan? Butt tackles? Yakkity Sax as the background music for your offensive sets?

Actually it's 'butt fumbles'
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

I'm not sure what you're trying to do here.

You're advocating a player who your team is desperately trying to trade by attempting to devalue our players by what? ....saying they're not all time greats? Gotcha.

Sorry but that story isn't finished, and that includes Revis.

I don't agree with everything my team does. Maybe if I rooted for a team like the 49ers who have made great moves in recent years I might feel differently.
I'm not de-valuing your players, I'm pointing out that your board is undervaluing Revis.