There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers interested in trading for Revis (link provided)

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by baltien:
YES.

He may want $16 mil a year but coming off major surgery, he won't get it. Baalke should try to negotiate something in the $10-12 year range and GET ER' DONE.

OK, let's look closer at this:

We may have to give up, "potentially No. 31 overall and/or No. 34 overall in the 2013 draft." I would only give up one of these picks.

Salary: We let Rogers go: Rogers = $7,344,531 in 2013
Revis: Will be in the 9-11 million range.

We can certainly afford it esp. when you also factor in the following potential cuts:

Cuts:
Alex (- $9,750,000) - gone; replaced by rookie
Goodwin (- $5,016,668) - gone; replaced by Looney/Kilgore
Manningham (- $4,950,000) - gone; injury settlement; replaced by AJ & Williams is back
Whitner (- $4,933,333) - gone; replaced by Goldson (SS); FS battle = Spillman/Robinson/Culliver/high draft pick
Akers (- $3,616,668) - gone; replaced by draft pick
Haralson (- $2,870,000) - gone; replaced by draft pick and Johnson/Fleming
Soapoaga - gone; replaced by high draft pick
RJF - gone; replaced by Ian Williams
Moss - gone; replaced by Lockett and high draft pick

Retain:
Walker (+ $4,000,000) - signed to 2 year deal for 8 million
Goldson (+ $7,250,000) - signed to 4 year 30 million

Bottom line = we can do this! He can help shut down half the field (remember Deion Sanders?) and Revis has a BIG chip on his shoulder. We take him this year on his current salary, we are getting a veteran with a chip on his shoulder in a contract year playing against Richard Sherman's mouth x2 a year! And let's not forget, we'll probably negotiate for for a deal in the 10-million range d/t the injury and for HIM, a chance to play and win on a Superbowl team.

No brainer...

Why are ppl ok with losing both our starting safeties, I'd like to keep atleast one....
Guys. "Build through the draft" is all well and good, but we don't have 15 roster spots in the 53 to fit all the picks. We're a couple of pieces from being complete and secondary is one of them. FA is out of the question since our cap space is close to zilch. But a trade? With all this ammunition? Why not? One-year rental will not damage our cap too badly and I don't think that Revis will hold out for a big contract, rather play like crazy to prove he's overcome his injury and showcase himself for the big FA payday in 2014. And good luck to him then - as long as we win #6.

The question is not Revis so much, as the price. I totally trust Baalke after the fleecing he just performed on the Chiefs, but I'd hate losing both #31 and #34 for a one year rental. Perhaps our first and second rounders and we keep #34?
I want Revis badly. But I'm not sure we can make it work financially looking at AB's cap projections.
Originally posted by Hopper:
I want Revis badly. But I'm not sure we can make it work financially looking at AB's cap projections.

Essentially...

Revis -or- Goldson + Rogers

He only costs 6 million this year. Im fine with a one year rental at 6 million dollars for the best CB in the game, we still have a ton of draft picks that we can use to build this team.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Essentially...

Revis -or- Goldson + Rogers
It seems like the 49ers have already decided that Goldson isnt coming back
Originally posted by valrod33:

He only costs 6 million this year. Im fine with a one year rental at 6 million dollars for the best CB in the game, we still have a ton of draft picks that we can use to build this team.

I'm becoming more and more on board with this.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Bleacher report is not a source and I saw the interview with fat arse Cole sitting in his home office like I am doing now. Pure speculation. Baalke/Harbaugh like good football players who put the team first. Revis could screw all that up.

While this is true. If we have revis for one season it wont hit us too hard. The team first attiude is nothig to fear either. What happened to the last a*****e we pick up through fa when he started becoming all about himself and not the team? On a one year loan with the option to extend if he plays like the top cb he is, he shows he can put the team first, and he makes Richard Sherman look like the immature b***h he is I see no unrecoverable harm in the deal.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Why are ppl ok with losing both our starting safeties, I'd like to keep atleast one....

Read again. We retain Goldson but move him to SS. Then we have a FS battle = Spillman/Robinson/Culliver/high draft pick

Whitner will cost $4,933,333) in 2013 - gone; replaced by Goldson (SS)

Goldson retained @ $7,250,000 - signed to 4 year 30 million
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 27, 2013 at 5:41 PM ]
First of all, that link provides nothing

Secondly, that's the muthaf**kin bleacher report
Was the source bleacher report?

Do want, but not good idea.
Originally posted by valrod33:
It seems like the 49ers have already decided that Goldson isnt coming back

They may be right in that assumption too there is alot more teams with alot of space in there caps to pay him if the money is all hes after.
I'm totally with English on this. I totally don't want them to spend a lot of money on a veteran free agent. Take the 31st, the 34th and a couple of the fifth or sixth picks and move up to take Dee Milliner if you want a can't miss, start right away shut-down corner. Dude just ran a 4.31 40 and he's tall. That's Deone Sanders territory. Then starting with their own 2nd round pick, start shoring up that d-line.
If we can trade for Revis/sign Asomugha (if released) AND draft a replacement free safety with a 1st or 2nd round pick.... I will.......

Buy Madden
What's your take AB, could we make it work?