LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

49ers interested in trading for Revis (link provided)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm sure Baalke has at least asked the Jets what it would take. Hell, I'd wager every GM is the league will at least ask. I guess it boils down too whether we want to part with the draft picks, and our willingness to satisfy Revis' contract demands.
Originally posted by baltien:
I'm sure Baalke has at least asked the Jets what it would take. Hell, I'd wager every GM is the league will at least ask. I guess it boils down too whether we want to part with the draft picks, and our willingness to satisfy Revis' contract demands.

And Revis himself...
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
lol, according to CBS sports, we're interested. CBS is turrible.

Its Manish Mehta reporting this not CBS.
Yeah, this s**t ain't happening, time to close down this thread.

From ESPN-

However, the 49ers believe Revis' price tag, both in contract and draft-pick compensation, does not fit their model even though the team has a need at cornerback and a bounty of 12 draft picks that is expected to grow to 15 when the NFL awards compensatory picks later this month. The source also has cited Revis' ACL injury last October as another hurdle in any discussion, as well as noting that next month's NFL draft is rich with cornerback prospects.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah, this s**t ain't happening, time to close down this thread.

From ESPN-

However, the 49ers believe Revis' price tag, both in contract and draft-pick compensation, does not fit their model even though the team has a need at cornerback and a bounty of 12 draft picks that is expected to grow to 15 when the NFL awards compensatory picks later this month. The source also has cited Revis' ACL injury last October as another hurdle in any discussion, as well as noting that next month's NFL draft is rich with cornerback prospects.

Sounds like a negotiating tactic to me
Baalke tactics. Something is brewing...
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Probably just some tea.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Or maybe....they're just not interested.
I don't beleieve any media reports... more than half the time its BS. If we do get home, I hope we don't give up much. Dude is a HUGE and expensive question mark right now. If he wasn't, no way in hell the Jets would be this aggressive in shopping him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Or maybe....they're just not interested.
correct, not interested in overpaying and giving up high picks.

but if they can get him cheap...deal is done

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

I think somethings brewing...but it may have nothing to do with Revis.

That quote tho that they haven't had any conversations because they have been looking at other trades may be a shot at the Jets that they have other options with those picks.

...or it could be that we are all so thirsy for news of any kind that we overthink every quote.
I believe that the Niners aren't very interested in trading for him. Sometimes though the "sources" are more reliable than what the team is saying.
Unless they're playing a major game here, it looks like they're going to work on strengthening and deepening their d-line through the draft so that Justin Smith doesn't have to play so many snaps. They'll also add a bigger defensive end. This is the perfect draft to do it.
I'm getting tired of all this Revis stuff...there's no question he'd strengthen our secondary...but, at what cost? He's in the last year of his Jets contract ($6M), but it's what comes after that's the real issue. His goal is to become the highest paid defender in the NFL...which could be extremely costly. The Niners want to maintain as much of their corps as possible...and that'll mean careful scrutiny of the cap. As Baalke's said repeatedly, he can't keep everyone if he overpays anyone. I'd much rather see them invest in a couple of other guys...namely Sean Smith, the big CB (6-3, 215) who can match up well against the bigger receivers and Glover Quin, former CB who's a rising star at SS. Whitner's in the last year of his contract...Quin's a good cover guy and a sure tackler, a definite upgrade from Whitner. Sign him now while he's available and if necessary, cut Whitner and recoup $4M cap space.
Xavier Rhodes, a corner out of Florida State might be available with one of their first two picks. He's 6'2", ran about a 4.4 40, and has over a 40" vertical leap (!?). There is also Desmond Trufant, at 6'0" and a similar 40 time. Both are very physical, very fast and tall for corners. If they are able to get Rhodes and one of the top defensive ends or defensive tackles with their first two picks, I don't care what happens in the rest of the draft. It will be a success.
Share 49ersWebzone