There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers interested in trading for Revis (link provided)

49ers not interested. Too expensive and uncertainty about the knee.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9022182/san-francisco-49ers-serious-suitor-darrelle-revis-source

Keep it moving . . . . . .
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Smart men: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146266/article/darrelle-revis-trade-talk-buccaneers-eagles-49ers-among-fits ;… MT @AdamSchein: I asked 2 NFL GMs via text what is the best and most realistic fit for Revis: Tampa.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
‏@mattbarrows Told that the #49ers haven't even discussed a trade for Darrelle Revis with the Jets. Team was preoccupied with other trade matters.

Uh huh. That said, if this part is true, I wonder who the "trade" considerations are.

Maybe the finer points of the Alex Smith trade? Can't think of any other trade that makes sense

Seriously. With 15 draft picks, I wonder if we're shopping a lot more than we all realize.
lol, according to CBS sports, we're interested. CBS is turrible.
I'm sure Baalke has at least asked the Jets what it would take. Hell, I'd wager every GM is the league will at least ask. I guess it boils down too whether we want to part with the draft picks, and our willingness to satisfy Revis' contract demands.
Originally posted by baltien:
I'm sure Baalke has at least asked the Jets what it would take. Hell, I'd wager every GM is the league will at least ask. I guess it boils down too whether we want to part with the draft picks, and our willingness to satisfy Revis' contract demands.

And Revis himself...
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AmpLee:
lol, according to CBS sports, we're interested. CBS is turrible.

Its Manish Mehta reporting this not CBS.
Yeah, this s**t ain't happening, time to close down this thread.

From ESPN-

However, the 49ers believe Revis' price tag, both in contract and draft-pick compensation, does not fit their model even though the team has a need at cornerback and a bounty of 12 draft picks that is expected to grow to 15 when the NFL awards compensatory picks later this month. The source also has cited Revis' ACL injury last October as another hurdle in any discussion, as well as noting that next month's NFL draft is rich with cornerback prospects.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah, this s**t ain't happening, time to close down this thread.

From ESPN-

However, the 49ers believe Revis' price tag, both in contract and draft-pick compensation, does not fit their model even though the team has a need at cornerback and a bounty of 12 draft picks that is expected to grow to 15 when the NFL awards compensatory picks later this month. The source also has cited Revis' ACL injury last October as another hurdle in any discussion, as well as noting that next month's NFL draft is rich with cornerback prospects.

Sounds like a negotiating tactic to me
Baalke tactics. Something is brewing...
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Probably just some tea.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Or maybe....they're just not interested.
I don't beleieve any media reports... more than half the time its BS. If we do get home, I hope we don't give up much. Dude is a HUGE and expensive question mark right now. If he wasn't, no way in hell the Jets would be this aggressive in shopping him.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Or maybe....they're just not interested.
correct, not interested in overpaying and giving up high picks.

but if they can get him cheap...deal is done
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

I think somethings brewing...but it may have nothing to do with Revis.

That quote tho that they haven't had any conversations because they have been looking at other trades may be a shot at the Jets that they have other options with those picks.

...or it could be that we are all so thirsy for news of any kind that we overthink every quote.