LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

49ers interested in trading for Revis (link provided)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
^^^^THAT
[ Edited by valrod33 on Mar 6, 2013 at 8:45 AM ]
Originally posted by sachie23:
How are they going to pay him and still lock up Crabtree, A. Davis, Iupati, and Kaep in the next 2 years? I just don't see it. They had interest in Nnamdi a couple of years ago. He's getting cut as early as today and he would be a lot cheaper. The 49ers just don't do things like this. They lock up their own players. I'm not saying it's impossible I just seriously doubt it. Media people see the 49ers have all these picks and assume they are a good fit because of it.

Asomugha would be a great fit, and yes , CHEAPER ....he would give us better pass coverage, and I'm sure a differemt scenario would do him a lot of good , being coached by an offensive line coach, and playing more zone coverage instead of press coverage didnt do him any favors ....I'm sure we could grab him , and keep our first 5 draft choice intact
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dmax:
at first i was like ..yes go get him...but now I've changed my mind...too many variables in signing the guy
the hot shot from philly is getting cut today, i would look at him if the price is right
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
Skip Bayless yesterday "The 49ers should give up their 1, 2, 2, 3, 3 for Revis."
Screw that. Even uninjured Revis ain't worth that. Only Mangini made sense by saying his ACL is the unknown and his contract demands is a huge cap hit.

we should also throw in Navarro Bowman, Patrick Willis, and Brooks...seems fair.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

RT @AlbertBreer: My understanding is that the Niners aren't talking with the Jets on Revis. At least not now. SF source: "We're not in it."

Not to say it's untrue but it would make absolutely 0 sense for an SF source to let it leak they were highly interested in him and it make sense to leak you weren't "interested". Just like how the Jets leaked the Falcons were "interested"

Remember how we weren't "interested" in Manning last year but only "evaluating" him

I think the trade is still unlikely but I don't really buy into sources from either side.
If we get him great...I just don't want to over spend.
Originally posted by guillotine31:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:
Skip Bayless yesterday "The 49ers should give up their 1, 2, 2, 3, 3 for Revis."
Screw that. Even uninjured Revis ain't worth that. Only Mangini made sense by saying his ACL is the unknown and his contract demands is a huge cap hit.

I like Skip Bayless but HHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEECCCCCKKKKKKKK No I wouldn't give more than a 3rd rounder. I know when healthy Revis is Elite and the best but who knows how healthy he is and will be and if its just a year rental is not worth more than 1 pick. Give the Jets our #93 3rd rounder and no more for Revis or count me out.

You lost me at "I like Skip Bayless"

Whatya talkin bout? Skip Bayless is one of the Very few ESPn Personalities that actually always Defends the 49ers and picks them to go to the Super Bowlin 20111 and this past 2012 Season, he also makes points sometimes but he is wrong about giving up so many picks for Revis, No way would I give up that many picks for any one player ever
Originally posted by Jikkle49:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

RT @AlbertBreer: My understanding is that the Niners aren't talking with the Jets on Revis. At least not now. SF source: "We're not in it."

Not to say it's untrue but it would make absolutely 0 sense for an SF source to let it leak they were highly interested in him and it make sense to leak you weren't "interested". Just like how the Jets leaked the Falcons were "interested"

Remember how we weren't "interested" in Manning last year but only "evaluating" him

I think the trade is still unlikely but I don't really buy into sources from either side.

Exactly! You get it...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
‏@mattbarrows Told that the #49ers haven't even discussed a trade for Darrelle Revis with the Jets. Team was preoccupied with other trade matters.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
‏@mattbarrows Told that the #49ers haven't even discussed a trade for Darrelle Revis with the Jets. Team was preoccupied with other trade matters.

Uh huh. That said, if this part is true, I wonder who the "trade" considerations are.

Originally posted by NCommand:

Uh huh. That said, if this part is true, I wonder who the "trade" considerations are.

Maybe the finer points of the Alex Smith trade? Can't think of any other trade that makes sense
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Revis-related: How bad was the #49ers secondary in 2012? (It's a trick question).... http://sacb.ee/ZqkuQl
49ers not interested. Too expensive and uncertainty about the knee.
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9022182/san-francisco-49ers-serious-suitor-darrelle-revis-source

Keep it moving . . . . . .
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Smart men: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000146266/article/darrelle-revis-trade-talk-buccaneers-eagles-49ers-among-fits ;… MT @AdamSchein: I asked 2 NFL GMs via text what is the best and most realistic fit for Revis: Tampa.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Maybe the finer points of the Alex Smith trade? Can't think of any other trade that makes sense

Seriously. With 15 draft picks, I wonder if we're shopping a lot more than we all realize.
Share 49ersWebzone