There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers interested in trading for Revis (link provided)

Originally posted by dwy621:
Originally posted by MCrabs15:
Anyone who doesn't want Revis is a damn fool. If Baalke and Harbaugh want Revis, I'm with them.

There is a huge question mark regarding his injury though. We know from past ACL injuries that it usually takes 2 years to fully recover. Revis is only signed for 1 year so the NIners might not even get the best out of Revis. I would be all for it if he was 100% healthy.

Niners could easily make a trade based upon the ability to get Revis signed to a longer contract. In which case, I'd be willing to give up more than I would on a 1 year trade.
Also,when it comes to Revis, I can't help but think of the last time a team broke the bank for an elite, top of the league shutdown cornerback........it didn't work out all that well.
He'll no to Revis. If the Niners give up a bunch of draft picks, how do they replace Walker and Goldson plus draft DL and WR help.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Also,when it comes to Revis, I can't help but think of the last time a team broke the bank for an elite, top of the league shutdown cornerback........it didn't work out all that well.

I wouldn't call Clements shut down, plus we weren't a team pretty much a piece or 2 away from a sb. Our team sucked and were just looking to add talent anyway we could
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
I wouldn't call Clements shut down, plus we weren't a team pretty much a piece or 2 away from a sb. Our team sucked and were just looking to add talent anyway we could

I wasn't talking about Clements.
Hell no to Revis. Draft a CB in the first round and sign Woodson. Cut Whitner and Rodgers, resign Goldson, and move him to SS, and put Woodson in the FS spot.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

He's talking about Nnamdi and the Eagles
Honestly, I'm not that worried about our secondary. During the regular season our secondary held their own BECAUSE of the pass rush. When J Smith went down, thats when the secondary started giving up plays. As good as any secondary may be, their going to be average if they can't get to the quarterback as the case with the Niners secondary in the playoffs. We need some bodies to rotate in and out for some plays during stretches. Gotta give J Smith and Mcdonald a breather during games.

Besides Culliver was the one getting picked on in the Superbowl, while everyone else held their coverages. It was just unfortunate for Culliver but he'll learn from it.
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:

When it comes to free agents, you never know how these guys will work out on another team. Adalius Thomas was a huge stud in Baltimore, came to New England as a big signing(a lot of folks here wanted him as well), signed a big contract and he imploded. Guys don't always end up looking like the same player on a different team.
Originally posted by Baldie:
Honestly, I'm not that worried about our secondary. During the regular season our secondary held their own BECAUSE of the pass rush. When J Smith went down, thats when the secondary started giving up plays. As good as any secondary may be, their going to be average if they can't get to the quarterback as the case with the Niners secondary in the playoffs. We need some bodies to rotate in and out for some plays during stretches. Gotta give J Smith and Mcdonald a breather during games.

Besides Culliver was the one getting picked on in the Superbowl, while everyone else held their coverages. It was just unfortunate for Culliver but he'll learn from it.

No Whitner was the one who was getting beat in the Superbowl and in all the other games. Culliver got beat a couple plays in the superbowl, but whitner was getting beat practically every play. And I'm willing to bet whitner was suppose to have deep coverage on that deep ball to jacoby jones. Whitner has just been so awful in coverage. He's a huge reason why we lost.
No Whitner was the one who was getting beat in the Superbowl and in all the other games. Culliver got beat a couple plays in the superbowl, but whitner was getting beat practically every play. And I'm willing to bet whitner was suppose to have deep coverage on that deep ball to jacoby jones. Whitner has just been so awful in coverage. He's a huge reason why we lost.

This. Whitner was consistently getting picked on all season long, teams flat out went after him without disguising their intentions in the slightest, that is why I think safety is crucial, that the 49ers find someone in the draft who can eventually replace Whitner and allow a hopefully re-signed Goldson to move to strong safety where I feel he ultimatley belongs.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

When it comes to free agents, you never know how these guys will work out on another team. Adalius Thomas was a huge stud in Baltimore, came to New England as a big signing(a lot of folks here wanted him as well), signed a big contract and he imploded. Guys don't always end up looking like the same player on a different team.

True, but I can give you just as many examples of players who changed teams and continued to be the great players they were. Scheme matters a lot...Eagles had an OL coach as a D-Cord if I remember correctly. That's a recipe for disaster. Fangio is pretty damn good, he'll put Revis in a situation where he can succeed.

Adalius Thomas is a good example. That guy really fell off the map after looking elite. Also high priced free agents/trades has never really worked out well for the Redskins. Having said all that, if Revis fully recovers from his injury he's a stud no matter what. ONe of the most competitive players in the game and a true shutdown corner. He might not be the greatest guy for the locker room though and seems to serve as a distraction sometimes.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i guess its about finding the right guy, even if he does not come with all of the glittery tinsel and bows. walt harris was good for us and carlos was very good in his first year. i know alot of people are giddy about these :alleged" pick or picks we will get in the alex trade and can not wait to spend them. I am glad our front office is not like that as they do not throw those things around like candy. i say no to revis
I don't agree saying Revis isn't worth it. s**t he is pretty much the best corner since Deyon Sanders. I hope most of you know what happened after we signed Mr. Sanders to the roster.

Yeah sign Revis and pay the motherf**ker.