Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Deal for Alex Smith Done?

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
those Chiefs fans are absurdly high on Geno Smith

like he's a sure-fire draft talent like Cam Newton or something

never seen such an overated QB IMO lol, alex smith would be a way better option, not to mention he won't lose them the game.
seriously if they're banking on Geno Smith to save them then they're in for a world of trouble

Originally posted by blizzuntz:
hopefully it is for Revis
yeah that won't happen
The team has been trying to trade him all week :)

never seen such an overated QB IMO lol, alex smith would be a way better option, not to mention he won't lose them the game.
Agree. I don't know why they think he's like Cam. From what I recall...Geno Smith isn't even that athletic or fast. From what I read he runs a 4.9 - 40yard dash. LOL that's slower than Alex.

So the Chiefs would rather have a raw, unproven rookie thrown into the wolves and have another 3-13 season? At least with Alex...they have a shot. AND they're in a s**t division. They can still draft Geno OR...sign Alex...draft a tackle...and draft a QB high next year. Alex would be a great mentor and a solid QB for 2-4 years while the Chiefs built the right pieces. Seems like a no brainer to me.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Charlie Casserly is not sold on this draft class -- 1.5 starters -- says that Alex just made a lot of money

NFL Network is about to do a segment -- if this QB draft class is luke warm, does that make the market for Alex Smith Red Hot

I think it does :)
Good for the Niners brass to recognize this + not releasing him. Minus whale get something for him.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Back to the Future: Bono - Grbac - Alex Smith

somebody's sig on the Chiefs boards

And DeBerg

And Montana

Wow that would be 5 49er QBs.
Trent Baalke and Harbaugh just had a great day according to NFL Network
Scott Pioli talking about smith now , omg he clearly loves the guy, it has to be KC he just not outright saying it.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

Agree. I don't know why they think he's like Cam. From what I recall...Geno Smith isn't even that athletic or fast. From what I read he runs a 4.9 - 40yard dash. LOL that's slower than Alex.

So the Chiefs would rather have a raw, unproven rookie thrown into the wolves and have another 3-13 season? At least with Alex...they have a shot. AND they're in a s**t division. They can still draft Geno OR...sign Alex...draft a tackle...and draft a QB high next year. Alex would be a great mentor and a solid QB for 2-4 years while the Chiefs built the right pieces. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Well I know for a FACT he ran a 4.59 at the Combine today....

And Alex ran a 4.71 40 which is also not slow. Don't know what you mean with the "slower than Alex" line as Alex isn't terribly slow.
Trent Baalke and Harbaugh just had a great day according to NFL Network

Nice that is insightful of them to report
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i call b******t until its official. f**k jason laconfora

This. I could have written that a possible deal with no details may be done with some team.
Andy Reid is a cocky mofo

You know he thinks he can take Alex and do MORE with him than Harbaugh did

lol
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

Former Chiefs GM Scott Pioli says on NFLN that it's "possible" the#49ers get a second- or third-round pick for Alex Smith.
Chiefs going to take Loeckel #1

The BPA at QB #1 in round 2 and

Trade us their 3rd

they get their QB of now, the QB of the future, and the LT of the future
haha Cheifs fans freaking out.

Not surprising. I wouldn't want a guy who was replaced by a stud. I'd want one of our own, that is why they would rather have Geno.