LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Deal for Alex Smith Done?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
@AlbertBreer: The structure of Alex Smith's contract allows Niners to trade him w/no dead $, and is manageable for a team wanting to pair him w/a rookie. And my understanding is the Niners have been working on the Alex Smith situation the whole time they've been in Indy.
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
Trent Baalke and Harbaugh just had a great day according to NFL Network

LOL....just because of Alex or what?
Originally posted by genz22:
Originally posted by Ballistic:
Rumor is Niners are getting a conditional 4th for Alex Smith. Thought they could get more

Source?

his imagination
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
This is b******t. 3rd round pick for a starting QB?
They cant just close up the deal this early for a 3rd-4th rounder.

If we get a 3rd rounder (a high 3rd rounder at that) I think we've made out pretty damn well here.
Originally posted by PTulini:
@AlbertBreer: The structure of Alex Smith's contract allows Niners to trade him w/no dead $, and is manageable for a team wanting to pair him w/a rookie. And my understanding is the Niners have been working on the Alex Smith situation the whole time they've been in Indy.

what does this mean

1st pick in the 3rd round is more than fair for a veteran that is still widely seen as a "system QB" of Harbaugh, and one the 49ers have little leverage with as they were going to cut him anyways. I see anything they get in the form of compensation as a bonus, KC's 3rd rounder this year would be killer considering the amount of talent that will still be on the board and the amount of holes this team has to fill.
well if he does go, i hope he finds success. he deserves it.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I know some here will be also changing teams.
Originally posted by susweel:
I know some here will be also changing teams.

this
I started reading their thread:
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270361

when it was at 7 pages ... can't keep it. Damn thread is on
Explosion MODE. Amusing yet interesting, none the less.

It's now at 29 pages and growing

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

1st pick in the 3rd round is more than fair for a veteran that is still widely seen as a "system QB" of Harbaugh, and one the 49ers have little leverage with as they were going to cut him anyways. I see anything they get in the form of compensation as a bonus, KC's 3rd rounder this year would be killer considering the amount of talent that will still be on the board and the amount of holes this team has to fill.

i feel that but my whole issue is why close it up this early when we could wait another couple weeks to hear other offers?
Originally posted by PTulini:

I wonder if he figured this out himself
They might swap 3rd round picks this year and we get KC 2nd rd pick next year. At the end of the day, I think we get a 2nd rd pick for Alex. He has played well under Harbaugh and the draft offers 2nd round talent at best that won't get you to a playoff until at least year 2
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

i feel that but my whole issue is why close it up this early when we could wait another couple weeks to hear other offers?

good point, must have been a really good offer, i say we got atleast a third.
I can't help but think we trade Alex along with a few picks to get KC''s 2nd round pick.
Share 49ersWebzone